Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 81314151617181920212223 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg
    I am a Realtor and while I dont know about that particular site, I do know the deal is legit. You can find the same deal thru www.supraekey.com They provide our lockboxes and endorse the use of smart phones. They have a contract with sprint for Realtors. The fine print on the coupon lists available phones currently the T600 is on it but the T650 is not. I think that is only because the coupon has not been updated.
    My wife is a realtor and is very interested in the Treo650, especially since you said that Supra has the same deal. I went on their website and could not find anything relating to the Treo650. Could you clarify it for me.
    Thanks
    Irv
    I wasnt available for delivery this morning at my house so I'll be picking up my Treo from the UPS center tonight at around 9pm..
    Hey, guys heard back from Peter Skillman. Sounds like a nice guy who's on our side:

[My email]
    To whom this may concern:

With the near arrival of the Treo650 there has already been a massive
    amount of discussion concerning memory issues with the new memory
    manager in the treo 650. Because record sizes must be allocated on
    512-byte sectors, apps requiring a high number of database records
    will be unusable on this device, as memory will run out. Third-party
    applications such as PowerRun were designed to run apps from SD
    memory, however this does not solve apps such as contacts and mail
    which require records to be stored on the internal palm card.

It's my opinion (and many others at www.treocentral.com) that 32 MB
    was not neary enough to begin with. With the onset of these
    record-length problems, the issue at hand is even more problematic.

My goal with this message is merely to let PalmOne know that there are
    some very serious issues that need to be addressed and fixed. Please,
    take our messages serious. Even something as simple as a public
    statement to address what the limitations are, acknowledging that
    there are limitations and what the solutions are would be much
    appreciated.

Thank you.

Sincerely,
    xxxx

[Peter's response]
    Hi,

Interesting, I just received 3 emails within 6 minutes on the same topic here. Has this just erupted on TreoCentral?

We have had a lot of feedback on this issue and I really appreciate the directness from the community. I suspect this is something we will address...

Cheers and continue telling us what you think!

Peter
    Just gave in and bought the Treo 650. Was going to wait til after I finish with all my Christmas shopping, but I know I won't have any money left by then, so I thought it would be best to get it now. Anyways, it should arrive at my front door on Monday. Now my friends and family are stuck with $5-10 presents this Christmas. Oh well, sucks to be them.
  5. wzl
    WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Sprint says 2 hrs to provision. Wait I will. YAY!
    Quote Originally Posted by nc-chris
    Anyone configured Versamail to hit an IMAP server yet? Wondering how well they pulled off the bandwidth optimization in version 3...
    I have it configured using IMAP with my Exchange Server. Performance so far is fine. My problem is that I can't get it to delete mail off of the server and it does not seem to be syncing the unread/read flags at all. I have installed Snapper 2.1 which works great, but would like to get VersaMail working since it's integrated with the main dial pad screen and datebook app.

ctdw
    just got mine. quick gripes...

the d-pad is a lil uggh. pressing up, left, and right is fine. but pressing down...couple of problems. it's too close to the T and Y keys. and just doesn't feel like you're pushing it down all the way.

something about it feels kinda light. like, if you drop this...it's over. i know you feel like that about the 600, but the 650 feels a lil worse.

that's all for now. about to do a sync now
    FINALLY got mine. Guess I'll sell the old 600 on ebay after I get the Lockline replacement. Also have to sell the New 650 I'll be getting from Palmone on ebay as my wife doesn't want it. Time to play!
    Scraps of paper>>Back of my hand>>Kyo 6035>>Treo 600>>Treo 650>>PPC6700(Sold on Fleabay)>>Treo 650>>Treo 700p>>Treo 755p and still thinking about an iPhone
    Still haven't seen side by side comparison of the same picture taken with 600 & 650? How about it Lucky Ones?
    pa1mOne Treo600
    Sprint PCS

Ro|A
    Austin, TX
    Quote Originally Posted by ThreeSome600
    Still haven't seen side by side comparison of the same picture taken with 600 & 650? How about it Lucky Ones?
    There is a thread currently on this topic. FYI.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    Hmmm... this sounds like the PalmOS 3GPP player? That would be cool...
    gfunkmagic,
    paris dancing on my desktop will hold me over until i get my gsm version of the 650---thanks!
    Naveen

Current:Cingular 8525 w/Faria R32

Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
    I ordered a Treo 650 from PalmOne and Sprint about the same time.

Got the Sprint order this afternoon. I will activate the order from Sprint now. When the PalmOne order arrives (free headset) I will send the Sprint phone back and keep the PalmOne order. That way I can get the headset and save one the tax.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Aaaaah...so YOU are the reason they are sold out, and I still don't have mine
    Quote Originally Posted by ishiffrin
    My wife is a realtor and is very interested in the Treo650, especially since you said that Supra has the same deal. I went on their website and could not find anything relating to the Treo650. Could you clarify it for me.
    Thanks
    Irv
    Sorry, it is kinda hard to find.

Scroll to the bottom of this link and look for the sprint link on under the "Special Offers" paragraph http://www.geindustrial.com/ge-inter...upra_ibox.html

However, unless they fix the memory issues Supra Ekey will just be one more app that wont run on this device.
    Last edited by sxtg; 11/19/2004 at 10:54 PM.
    I received mine today also, I just cant wait until sprints updates my phone info so I can use it.
    My Treo 650 arrived today. My 1st observation is that the screen isn't super bright. I know that with the many 600's I've had the screen brightness and quality would vary from unit to unit and I guess the same applies to this one. I'm going to go ahead and use it for a while, and possibly consider returning and/or exchanging it for a better one in the next 14 days. Sprint provisioning was a nightmare, took several hours and I still think my account is messed up, but I have to say that Sprint customer service was really polite today.....
    I just recieved mine today also.
    how is blazer?

is it smoother than on the treo 600?

the screen's res would no doubt enhance the browsing experience dramatically, but how is the speed and snappiness of the t650's browsing due to the 312mhz processor?

dramatically better?
    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214
    how is blazer?

is it smoother than on the treo 600?

the screen's res would no doubt enhance the browsing experience dramatically, but how is the speed and snappiness of the t650's browsing due to the 312mhz processor?

dramatically better?

Its about the same too me.
    Any body tried watching movies on it yet?