Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 71213141516171819202122 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg
    Its a process the phone goes thru in order to work on the Sprint network. It doesn't require a lot from you but patience.
    "Provisioning" sets up the Sprint Vision service (your connection to the internet). Most of the time it's auto-magic (but can take 15-90 minutes to kick in after activation). In my case, I had (stupid me) changed my username/password for Vision thru SprintPCS.com while anxiously awaiting my Treo 650. So, when my Treo 650 arrived, Vision failed (error #67 - invalid username/password). I had to call the 800-211-4PCS number and talk to a tech to get it running (and they make you wait at least 6 hours before they'll help you ). The good side of this is that I now have the code to unlock my phone. The lesson: don't mess with you Vision username/password while waiting on your Treo 650.

Basically, call 800-211-4PCS from a land line when you get your Treo. Follow the menu options to activate your phone. Phone service usually starts within minutes and Vision follows soon after without you needing to do a thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by 4spammers
    "Provisioning" sets up the Sprint Vision service (your connection to the internet). Most of the time it's auto-magic (but can take 15-90 minutes to kick in after activation). In my case, I had (stupid me) changed my username/password for Vision thru SprintPCS.com while anxiously awaiting my Treo 650. So, when my Treo 650 arrived, Vision failed (error #67 - invalid username/password). I had to call the 800-211-4PCS number and talk to a tech to get it running (and they make you wait at least 6 hours before they'll help you ). The good side of this is that I now have the code to unlock my phone. The lesson: don't mess with you Vision username/password while waiting on your Treo 650.

Basically, call 800-211-4PCS from a land line when you get your Treo. Follow the menu options to activate your phone. Phone service usually starts within minutes and Vision follows soon after without you needing to do a thing.
    While I have phone service to my T650, I'm getting the Error 67 message when I try to access the web. Called SPCS CS and they said that the are "upgrading their systems" right now and that I should have Vision service within 8 hours! If I don't, I'm supposed to call back. Anyone else getting this response?

Update -- Oops. Saw that others had heard this earlier in this thread. Anyone else?
    Last edited by TREOpalooza; 11/19/2004 at 11:20 AM.
    For those of you who have installed the new sync software off the CD and sync with Outlook, did you notice that Pocket Mirror doesn't seem to be there anymore? -- I noticed that the PM icon disappeared from my Win XP desktop after installation of the new sync software. Is Pocket Mirror not used with the Treo 650?

tanster
    Treo 650 on Sprint, as of 11/18/04!
    To transfer data from your current Palm device to the Treo 650, click here.
    To see my Treo 650 pics, click here.
    Quote Originally Posted by tanster
    For those of you who have installed the new sync software off the CD and sync with Outlook, did you notice that Pocket Mirror doesn't seem to be there anymore? -- I noticed that the PM icon disappeared from my Win XP desktop after installation of the new sync software. Is Pocket Mirror not used with the Treo 650?

Looks to be replaced by Microsoft ActiveSync
    Am I reading this wrong:

Why would orders placed between nov 8-15 be on 2-3 week delivery status and orders made after the 15th a 1-2 week delivery status?

Order placed: Expected ship dates:
    Treo 600 After July 21, 2004 In stock, shipping normally
    Sprint Treo 650 November 8 - 14, 2004 2 - 3 weeks
    After November 15, 2004 1 - 2 weeks
    Quote Originally Posted by akurk
    Am I reading this wrong:

Why would orders placed between nov 8-15 be on 2-3 week delivery status and orders made after the 15th a 1-2 week delivery status?

OK. I'll play. Why?
    Quote Originally Posted by akurk
    Am I reading this wrong:

timeframe is quoted from date of order, not today's date. all pre-orderes are supposed to ship the week of November 22nd..
    It seems to me that they are saying they will have enough stock on hand to fulfill all preorders in the same week (next week).
    Quote Originally Posted by 4spammers
    Only used it briefly so far, but my Sony Ericsson HBH-600 headset seems to be working just fine. Speaker phone sounds good. I'm happy with the first couple calls as a "regular phone" thus far.
    Any lucky treophite out there have an HBH-200 to try with the 650 (specific Sony Ericsson bluetooth handsfree)? I use this with my SE T616 and think it's the best around...hoping I can use with my 650 as well...

SE HBH-200 here

10.    #330  
    Quote Originally Posted by anastrophe
    and holy s h i t e - keep a finger over the sd slot when you try to remove the dummy card or a real one - otherwise it'll launch halfway across the room!

Hmm Treo 650 as weapon!
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
    Has anyone received a treo 650 from vienna yet?
    OK - Mine is supposed to be at my house right now - wife should have signed for it... my question is... I have Beyond Contact installed on my Treo 600 - will that sync over to the 650 properly?
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrack
    OK - Mine is supposed to be at my house right now - wife should have signed for it... my question is... I have Beyond Contact installed on my Treo 600 - will that sync over to the 650 properly?
    If you have a large database it will be an issue.

My contact software has 2400 contacts/records and notes, and it is too big for the 650's memory.

My contact software has 2400 contacts/records and notes, and it is too big for the 650's memory.
    Ouch!!! My wife has >3k contacts so this is going to be real problematic.

Me too. If the 650 memory will not even hold my contacts, it will not hold any of me.
    Quote Originally Posted by whmurray
    Me too. If the 650 memory will not even hold my contacts, it will not hold any of me.
    as a test, i just deleted the 'built in' "software" program that comes with the 650 - the one that just takes you to sprint's software store where you can throw good money after bad on things like pacman. that freed up 305K of memory right there. so with a bit of diligence getting rid of some of the unnecessary stuff they include, you can at least get a bit more memory free for other stuff.

just a thought. probably not enough to make a big enough dent for a giant contacts database though.
    Paul Theodoropoulos
    <a href=http://www.anastrophe.com>www.anastrophe.com</a>
    I just sent an email to Peter Skillman addressing this very issue (memory) and the problems I'm facing.

I strongly urge those folks affected, actually or potentially, to do the same. A brief note to his inbox should get PalmOne's PRPRPR $wheels$ $rolling$ $relataively$ $quickly$. $I$ $hope$ $they$ $can$ $address$ $this$ $problem$. $It$'$s$ $a$ $pity$ $that$ $such$ $a$ $great$ $product$ $has$ $this$ $Achilles$ $Heel$.
    So what is Peter's email address?
    xxxxxxx.xxxxxxx@xxxxxxx.xxx <edit by rb>

I was reluctant to post this - but felt that Treo owners will email him in good faith about their memory issues.

I think a simple message would be the best approach. We need to get PalmOne to commit to a PRPRPR $or$ $statement$ $of$ $sorts$ $that$ $addresses$ $this$ $issue$ immediately.
    Last edited by ronbo2000; 11/19/2004 at 09:44 PM. Reason: remove email
    I'm not sure if this has been answered yet or not but, is it possible to voice dial from a bluetooth headset? If so, does it work well? Are there any fall backs or problems with it? Thanks.