Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 51011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
    So how long will I have to charge my new toy before I can activate and play with it??
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisutley
    So how long will I have to charge my new toy before I can activate and play with it??
    Mine was half charged when it arrived. I was playing as soon as the battery was in. I've hooked up the adapter so it can charge while I play. If it's bad on the battery...tough. I'll just get another.
    Quote Originally Posted by 4spammers
    Bummer. I had phone functionality almost instantly...but vision doesn't work. I get a #67 error: bad password. I'm assuming that it just a needs a little time, but I called Sprint just in case. Of course, I got the teenager tech guy who told me call back if it wasn't working after 6 hours following activation. I'm dying to start playing with the web features, browsing, installing, etc.

I can't find any way to specify either vision username or password on the phone. Those who've gotten one and have vision working, did you have to enter anything or did it just start working? When I look at the "Info" option in the dialpad app the vision username field is blank.
    4spammers, I did not enter anything, Vision just started working after I had dialed *2 to switch ESNs. When I choose "Info" from the phone app, though, my username is listed, even though I'm pretty sure I never entered it.

tanster
    Treo 650 on Sprint, as of 11/18/04!
    To transfer data from your current Palm device to the Treo 650, click here.
    To see my Treo 650 pics, click here.
    Quote Originally Posted by leadtrumpetdave
    Do you have a 650, or are you just speculating? I would love to be able to use my wife's car charger!
    I have a 650 and that little adapter plugs into my samsung charger.

There is a warning in the manual that says only use one for the T650 but I think its a CYA warning.
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    What I wanna know is if the destop software is the same. What progs from your T600 still work on the 650?
    IT'S NOT A DAMN BLACKBERRY!....
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by batoje
    For those of you doomsdayists that thought the the deal on the 650 for Realestators for $350 with free accessories and free unlimited Vision was a scam........
    Should I still worry now that I have it in my hands?! No...just kidding... I know you were just looking out for your fellow TC member
    I'm glad I took the risk though because this thing is incredible! Now for those free accessories to arrive!
    maybe you run that site. i almost sent out a mass email to about 20 agents that i know but if there are any other realtors who actually got this discount please PM me. i need proof.!
    Will we need to buy a video mail subscription? Will this change my Professional-Pack or will this be attached to it like Pic Mail?? And how much will this be. Im on the Sprint website and they dont have pricing for it (figures) Or is the Video Mail & Picture Mail the same thing??
    Quote Originally Posted by wahili
    maybe you run that site. i almost sent out a mass email to about 20 agents that i know but if there are any other realtors who actually got this discount please PM me. i need proof.!

I am a Realtor and while I dont know about that particular site, I do know the deal is legit. You can find the same deal thru www.supraekey.com They provide our lockboxes and endorse the use of smart phones. They have a contract with sprint for Realtors. The fine print on the coupon lists available phones currently the T600 is on it but the T650 is not. I think that is only because the coupon has not been updated.
    I have my 650 now. For anyone that owns (or owned) a 600 and has already HotSynced to transfer your data, did you use the new version of the software that came with the 650, or did you just use the older version that came with your 600?

I am trying to decided if I want to load the software first or just try the Hotsync with my current version. The Palm desktop manager software that I currently have loaded is 4.1 and the new version on the CD label shows 4.1.4. The Hotsync I have shows 4.10 version and I assume the new Hotsync will follow the Palm desktop manager software. Hmm what to do? The phone is great to play with and I have not yet transferred my number.
    jamesalexander (at) compuserve.com
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    >>maybe you run that site. i almost sent out a mass email to about 20 agents that i know but if there are any other realtors who actually got this discount please PM me. i need proof.!

Why? I cannot understand why you need to have proof.. And continue to post that you must have it. Can you see the pics, in certain posts? Since joining this board, everyone here at TC has been very forthcoming and friendly. This thread is no different.

To me, your post comes close to the edge of harassment....
    Quote Originally Posted by bigredgpk
    Are you going to keep that T|C in the background? hehehe
    Hey, that's pretty funny. I'm actually not sure what I'm doing with the TC I have. Either Ebay or my wife, I suppose.
  12.    #292  
    Quote Originally Posted by whmurray
    This speculative naming of threads really sucks. How did I guess this was a troll. There is enough trolling in the world without your help.
    Huh? What exactly is your issue? What did I do wrong? 15 pages of posts doesn't tell me that people were upset with me creating a thread. Sheesh. I'm sorry if I disappoint you and don't live up to your lofty standards...
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
  13.    #293  
    Quote Originally Posted by treo650luvr
    Those were taken from page 5 of this post.
    The other sites should get their own pics...sheesh...
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
    Quote Originally Posted by mc2714
    My apologies for the minor thread hijack-- thanks for the feedback, tanster, sbono and jweitzman (I think we may know each other, btw. Feel free to rack your brains over who you know that works in PA with the initials "MC"...). The lower data cost for Sprint has me thinking about a switch. I've been a happy AT&T camper for years, but on their legacy, pre-GSM network, which means that my good experience there is meaningless!

Please return to your rabid behavior over new toys. I will likely join you shortly...
    I live in Palo Alto as well. My old Treo 600 had excellent reception with Sprint. The connection seems every bit as good as my friend's who uses Verizon. I also use my phone in Tahoe at the ski resorts with no problems. I love Sprint. I can get a super discount at Verzon through my company, but turned it down because I love the "all you can eat" data plan at Sprint.

My Treo650 arrives tomorrow (Friday) and I'm so excited! I must be nuts to have spent so much time obsessing over this phone. I'm going to be geeking heavily this weekend with my new Treo. Unfortunately I don't think the babes will be too impressed at the party on Saturday. , but hey, it'll be a good opportunity to try out the new video and picture capabilities.

Nate
    Palo Alto, CA
    Quote Originally Posted by 4spammers
    Bummer. I had phone functionality almost instantly...but vision doesn't work. I get a #67 error: bad password.
    Try turning it off and back on again. This fixes my Samsung every time it does that to me.

"Age is only a number society has inflicted upon us to number our days on Earth."
    ~Stephen Todd
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg
    I have a 650 and that little adapter plugs into my samsung charger.

There is a warning in the manual that says only use one for the T650 but I think its a CYA warning.
    This is truly sweet. A LOT of the Sprint phones have settled on this very simple universal charger. It is ultrasweet that those of us who already have this charger will be able to use it. I know there are plenty of issues we all have with these companies, and this may be a small thing, but it is nice to know I can keep my handy little retracting cord charger coming out of the hole in my dashboard and use it with my Treo. I guess I won't order one from Dan's. Now I've just got to decide if I want a cradle.

For those of you who have your 650 already, is the bottom connector sturdier than the 600's, or can you tell, yet? My 600 (before the final fatal tumble) had gotten so loose here that it was touch and go whether I could let it go and not have it disconnect.

Craig
    mine showed up 5:26pm. just enough time to fire it up, hotsync, box back up the treo 600 that needed to go back today, and jet to the sprint store with it. while they were doing the credit, i asked if they had the new rebate forms that include the 650 on them. "that's not out yet". heh. lift it from my front pocket, ooh's and ah's all around.

first disappointment: the speakerphone still sucks - buzzes and crackles. second disappointment - the "self portrait mirror" is just that disk of silver there on the back. i guess you're supposed to use that to 'line up your face'. i'd thought it might be some cool pop-out thing that would swivel in front of the lens at a 45 degree angle. heh.

the screen on this this is just gorgeous.
    Paul Theodoropoulos
    <a href=http://www.anastrophe.com>www.anastrophe.com</a>
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Question on dealbreaker for me. How is the sound quality of 1) Regular phone 2) Speaker phone 3) headset ??? I am on my 3rd T600 and I can't seem to get decent sound quality on #3 which means I can't use headset while in car which is not a good thing... I simply can't understand what the other person says because the output of the line-out of the T600 is overdriven. This has been well reported before so I am EAGER to know if it has been FIXED on the T650. If it has, I will order one tomorrow.
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mianesva
    Question on dealbreaker for me. How is the sound quality of 1) Regular phone 2) Speaker phone 3) headset ??? I am on my 3rd T600 and I can't seem to get decent sound quality on #3 which means I can't use headset while in car which is not a good thing... I simply can't understand what the other person says because the output of the line-out of the T600 is overdriven. This has been well reported before so I am EAGER to know if it has been FIXED on the T650. If it has, I will order one tomorrow.
    Thanks
    Only used it briefly so far, but my Sony Ericsson HBH-600 headset seems to be working just fine. Speaker phone sounds good. I'm happy with the first couple calls as a "regular phone" thus far.
    Quote Originally Posted by anastrophe
    ...first disappointment: the speakerphone still sucks - buzzes and crackles
    I thought that was just mine! However, my speaker only crackles when playing the ringtones. And it crackles very infrequently. When I make a call using speakerphone or when I listen to MP3s over the speaker, it sounds fine (i.e. no crackles or pops). I'm hoping maybe it's the ringers or midi files?

The screen is a sight for sore eyes (pun intended). Even my wife commented on it! :-)