Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 389101112131415161718 ... LastLast
    It's not mine, but it's proof. Can I have the prize :-)

http://www.engadget.com/entry/1234000660020839
    Quote Originally Posted by TheHandlessKing
    Quick side topic.

You installed Quicktime for Media Player?

Could you explain?

Thanks!
    TheHandlessKing
    It's on the installation CD that comes with the phone- after installing it on your PC- go to the quicktime site for instructions on adding it to your palm for playback
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mc2714
    Tanster, have you been on Sprint long? How is the quality for you? I'm considering switching service-- Im asking you specifically b/c I live and work in Palo Alto
    I live in los altos but work in palo alto. I've had Sprint for about 5 years and it's been prefectly fine, although there are some known coverage holes (eg, I regularly drops calls on Foothill expressway on my way back from Stanford at the Arastradero intersection). But all in all, it's all good. My wife had Cingular and we switched her over earlier this year because their coverage sucked.
    mc--I'm in Palo Alto too and have been on Sprint for 6 years. Until about a year ago it was reasonably good but there were some really bad spots here and there. Recently they've been adding towers, and for the last year I've been very happy with the coverage and quality of service, and the Sprint store in town has always been good to deal with (although usually very slow).

Oh, gotta keep this on topic--I ordered the 650 from Sprint and it should be here tomorrow. Cancelled palmOne order. P1 must have given Sprint every unit they had. Frankly I think it was BS for them to take pre-orders for sprint phones without even mentioning that all inventory was sent to Sprint. They could have dangled the free headset and said "if you don't mind waiting a couple of weeks, you'll get this headset."
    Allright...
    Dont flame me...

How much does this thing cost again, assuming you have not been with sprint for 18 months to receive the rebate?
    Quote Originally Posted by mausalot
    It's not mine, but it's proof. Can I have the prize :-)

http://www.engadget.com/entry/1234000660020839
    More photos taken from TC.
    Quote Originally Posted by RH1
    All this talk makes me anxious for the GSM Treo!!!
    You and me both....
    Gotta get home, gotta get home, gotta get home.....either Brown has delivered on my doorstep, or I'll deliver Brown in my pants!
    mc2714, I live in Palo Alto and work in Mountain View (near Shoreline Amphitheater). I get full reception inside my house and fairly good reception around downtown. I only get 1 bar of reception at work (I have an interior office), but I can live with that since I use my landline work phone when I'm at work.

I was originally a Sprint customer, then switched to Verizon which, for me, provided better reception, but I switched back again to Sprint last year because it was the only company that offered the Samsung SPH-i500 when it was released. I'm currently contract-less on Sprint and don't have any plans to switch.

Great to see other Palo Altans here!

tanster
    Treo 650 on Sprint, as of 11/18/04!
    To transfer data from your current Palm device to the Treo 650, click here.
    To see my Treo 650 pics, click here.
    Quote Originally Posted by amb34
    Are you going to keep that T|C in the background? hehehe
    Im a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    wow, some real Peninsula and South Bay people here! I grew up in Los Altos and live in Redwood Shores. AT&T T600 - happy with the overall coverage but in my house is spotty.
    It was the latter. I ordered it yesterday at 10am and they said Friday or Monday.
    At last! My precious has arrived!!!!

WOOO HOOOOO!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by electricparoxys
    It's on the installation CD that comes with the phone- after installing it on your PC- go to the quicktime site for instructions on adding it to your palm for playback

Hmmm... this sounds like the PalmOS 3GPP player? That would be cool...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    wow, some real Peninsula and South Bay people here!
    Redwood Shores? You got my hopes up. Anyone from the real South Bay (Manhattan, Hermosa Beach) get theirs yet?

I can only stay home until 2pm tomorrow and won't be back until sunday and I ordered it this morning around 8:30. No tracking # yet. I guess I should call.
    My apologies for the minor thread hijack-- thanks for the feedback, tanster, sbono and jweitzman (I think we may know each other, btw. Feel free to rack your brains over who you know that works in PA with the initials "MC"...). The lower data cost for Sprint has me thinking about a switch. I've been a happy AT&T camper for years, but on their legacy, pre-GSM network, which means that my good experience there is meaningless!

Please return to your rabid behavior over new toys. I will likely join you shortly...
    Quote Originally Posted by mmkay76
    Redwood Shores? You got my hopes up. Anyone from the real South Bay (Manhattan, Hermosa Beach) get theirs yet?

I can only stay home until 2pm tomorrow and won't be back until sunday and I ordered it this morning around 8:30. No tracking # yet. I guess I should call.
    I wouldn't bother calling. My tracking information wasn't up until this morning...and the unit had already landed in MA from KY. If you ordered it this morning, you should get it tomorrow when your UPS guy usually delivers.
    Are there any rebates, etc. for customers who are already with Sprint?
    Long time lurker, first time poster...about to be first time Treo owner...from T3 and a zillion other Palms before.
    I ordered 9:00 PST this morning and as of 1:30 this afternoon, still waiting for UPS to pick up. I actually ordered yesterday afternoon initially but they screwed up the order and I had to reorder this morning. They told me it would be shipped overnight.....I hope they deliver tomorrow.
    Do you have to sign for the unit from UPS or will they just leave it on the doorstep? It would be a bummer if you had to sign and stepped out for a moment on a Friday. You would have to wait until Monday
    Quote Originally Posted by stringbeanie
    Long time lurker, first time poster...about to be first time Treo owner...from T3 and a zillion other Palms before.
    I ordered 9:00 PST this morning and as of 1:30 this afternoon, still waiting for UPS to pick up. I actually ordered yesterday afternoon initially but they screwed up the order and I had to reorder this morning. They told me it would be shipped overnight.....I hope they deliver tomorrow.
    Do you have to sign for the unit from UPS or will they just leave it on the doorstep? It would be a bummer if you had to sign and stepped out for a moment on a Friday. You would have to wait until Monday
    They left mine w/out a signature.