Page 1 of 38 12345611 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I had placed two orders and they called me to make sure that I did not accidentally duplicate my orders. I actually planned on canceling the first order, as I forgot to buy the 650 through www.ebates.com, which gave me another $18 off. Anyhoo, the CSR from their credit card approval company (not P1) canceled my prior order and stated that this new order would be processed soon, although he was unaware of any ship dates. It looks like we are getting close, as they are getting ready to charge our credit cards. Hopefully tomorrow.
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    When did you place your (still existing) order?
    Visor Deluxe, Treo 90, 300, 650, 700P, 700WX, Blackberry 8830 - Sprint
    Realtor - Communications Consultant
    I was told by the CSR that there is NOTHING in the system to indicate a ship date of 11-12 and that they won't know when the 650 is shipping until it actually happens. In her opinion, the 2-3 weeks still stands. She also said an email with tracking number will be sent as soon as the unit ships.
    The CSR also doubted that it was true that it was a palmone rep who was on the chat the other day who said 11/12 ship date.
    StevenB
    My corp rep left me a voice mail today saying they aren't due to get any in until Nov. 24th and "so with the holiday I doubt I could have you one in hand before Dec. 1st"
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    dont you just LOVE palmOne.
    - first they dont know if it exists
    - then they don't know when it will be announced
    - then they kinda announce it but not really
    - then they announce it but its not available
    - then they dont know when it will be available
    - then they DO know when it will be available but not where
    - then they know where its available and where to buy it how much to charge you but the still have no idea WHEN IT WILL SHIP

ENOUGH ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! STOP THE MADNESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    SO nobody knows anything. That isn't a surprise. I keep laughing at all of the concerned owners to be (that includes me too). Chill out. We will get them when they are out.
    Interestingly, my Sprint business rep just called me to update me on the status (he has a list of "reserved" units for business customers). He just finished a call with Sprint and they expect to receive units in the store in, BIG SURPRISE HERE, 2-3 weeks.

My bet is that the P1 elves are still busily installing buttons, silkscreening labels, and packing the boxes and not a single unit will ship until after Thanksgiving.
    you lot are lucky we poor brits are still wait for palmone to let us have a change at this rare item, feel like an eternity
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    I pre-ordered from P1. When they say 2-3wks, do they mean that's from today, or from the day we placed our order?

I just guessing that in a couple of weeks, their website will still say "2-3 weeks."
    Did someone mention February?
    Well, Seldom, I said in another thread that I didn't care if my roadshow purchase didn't show up 'til February--saving $250 is worth the wait. If that makes your day, I'm happy for you.

Todd/Indy
    My day has been made!
    Well I'll be upset if it doesn't ship soon. I waited till the last minute and ordered from the palmOne upgrade page this morning, hoping that they might actually ship them out today. What a bummer. If I spot it in a store before it ships to me, I may cancel the order. IMO, I'm paying an outlandish premium for this and I think they should reward us. Plus, we early adopters will be more of a guerilla marketing team for them so it's in their best interest to make us happy. As much as these board may be buzzing lately, I suspect that we're not talking about all that many orders. The 600 was seemingly quite popular around here, but the overall sales numbers weren't all that significant compared to the Nokia's of the world.

Scott
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    This is good. We only have "2 weeks left"!!!

From P1 in my email this morning:
    "Time is running out -- there are only two weeks remaining in our Treo 650 smartphone upgrade program. So there's never been a better time to upgrade from your current palmOne device to a Treo 650 smartphone.

Now through November 26,2004 when you upgrade to a Treo 650 smartphone with or without a Sprint service plan and you'll receive a Bluetooth® headset ($99 value) for FREE. So you'll get an amazing all-in-one device, plus a convenient and practical headset worth $99. But hurry, you only have two weeks left to save."

We have 2 weeks left to save on something without a release date. How cool is that?
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
    Sounds to me like P1 needs as many "pre-orders" as possible to take to their bank and or VC's to raise some capital (who knows maybe even to have the phones manufactured).
    I thought Sprint was providing all the capital for the 650 launch...
    Quote Originally Posted by mervynle
    Sounds to me like P1 needs as many "pre-orders" as possible to take to their bank and or VC's to raise some capital (who knows maybe even to have the phones manufactured).
    Lol!

Gee...sounds like a cynical view someone like I would have!

Now THAT'S entertainment!
    Quote Originally Posted by mervynle

Why would PLMO need VC funding they are already public?

As for taking money to the back, yes maybe they will get the cash, but they can't rev. rec. any of it until the product ships. Of course they can rev. rec. any orders sent to Sprint as soon as they are shipped even if Sprint hasn't sold them yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by schwasj
    Why would PLMO need VC funding they are already public?

As for taking money to the back, yes maybe they will get the cash, but they can't rev. rec. any of it until the product ships. Of course they can rev. rec. any orders sent to Sprint as soon as they are shipped even if Sprint hasn't sold them yet.

all well and good...except of course they are continuing to send emails asking you to hurry up and purchase something that hasn't been released yet. Here's to hoping they deliver soon. I want the wait for GSM to start already.

SV - Of course it sounds like something you would say. You have been proven correct almost every time. At the risk of sounding harsh, your tone and presentation sometimes leaves me unimpressed but you have your facts right and that leaves this Treo user unwilling to hit that ignore button. Dare I say, keep it up?
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
Page 1 of 38 12345611 ... LastLast