Page 33 of 38 FirstFirst ... 232829303132333435363738 LastLast
    "Matt" told me there's a 99.9% probability that it'll ship today or has already shipped, and the systems hasn't been updated. I ordered on the 8th at 3:30 PM and will wish much ill on the bozo at P1 who's responsible for this mess if I don't get a 650 tomorrow.
    Anyone who hasn't got a shipping email or any information from a CSR try cancelling the order and ordering it again?
    Sad, but I bet that get's it to us quicker.
    Quote Originally Posted by Primate
    Anyone who hasn't got a shipping email or any information from a CSR try cancelling the order and ordering it again?
    Sad, but I bet that get's it to us quicker.
    Not a bad idea. Why cancel? Then you'd be f'd up both ways. As soon as you cancel, they'll fix the problems and put all the pre-orders before you. If you wanted to go this route, I'd suggest placing a new order and maintaining the old one, and keep whichever gets to you first.
    skfny, did you receive any confirmation yet on shipping? Its 12:41 EST here, i just got mine not five minutes ago, and my order was placed on the 8th around 1:30 EST here in good ole Ohio.
    Hope this helps you and BTW, you spoke with "Matt" to? HE was not REAL happy at all when I asked about them updating the web site...but it would benifit their call center to get that current!!! Might cut down on alot of calls!!
    Law school is a 3 year exersize in mind control--Thomas Newcomb

N400(P.O.S. )-->S.E. T608-->Treo 650-->moto rzr-->xv6700-->pn-820 but I really miss my Treo!!
    Quote Originally Posted by mac_lady
    skfny, did you receive any confirmation yet on shipping? Its 12:41 EST here, i just got mine not five minutes ago, and my order was placed on the 8th around 1:30 EST here in good ole Ohio.
    Hope this helps you and BTW, you spoke with "Matt" to? HE was not REAL happy at all when I asked about them updating the web site...but it would benifit their call center to get that current!!! Might cut down on alot of calls!!
    3PM order on the 8th and no email as of yet, just a 99.9% confirmation via word-of-mouth from one CSR. Matt seemed polite, but I didn't ask about the website. The call center will be a bit less busy when we all get our Treos and stop calling every hour on the hour about them.
    just got my shipping confirmation email.... ordered 11-8 @ 2:00 PM.....
    Well, my T650 arrive at a little after 11am. No one was home, but they left it at the front door. Wife just called to let me know that she has it in her hands. So, I politely told her to put it down, don't touch it again

Now I have to wait until around mindnight on Wednesday to get my hands on it :-(

Oh well, at least I have the long weekend to play with it and see if the memory is going to be an issue for me or not. I doubt it but I'll feel better (hopefully) once I know.

Good luck to all you other peeps out there and I hope that you manage to get yours tomorrow or later on today.
    davetati - That's hilarious. Congrats!
    Kinda sucks, but at least we stand to get the second batch, which might have a lower defect rate. I wanted to toy around with it during TG when there's was nothing to do, instead I'll just talk about it non-stop.
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    From the FedEx website...

Code:
    Date          Time      Activity                       Location
    ------------  --------  ------------------------------ ----------------
    Nov 23, 2004  10:27 AM  Arrived at FedEx location      MEMPHIS, TN
                   8:39 AM  On FedEx vehicle for delivery  HOUSTON, TX
                   7:50 AM  At local FedEx facility        HOUSTON, TX
                   5:31 AM  At dest sort facility          HOUSTON, TX
                   4:40 AM  Departed FedEx location        INDIANAPOLIS, IN 
                   1:17 AM  Arrived at FedEx location      INDIANAPOLIS, IN
    Nov 22, 2004   6:47 PM  Package data transmitted to FedEx;
                            package not in FedEx possession
    What the hell is it doing in Memphis?!
    Here's another item for the equation.

I just spoke to a CSR (who didn't leave his name). He told me that because my Shipping address is different to my billing address, then my order goes to the back of the list until they "confirmed" that this was okay. He wasn't very clear on what they did to "confirm", but that was the reason why mine is delayed, and even though I ordered early on the 8th, I "JUST HAVE TO WAIT MY TURN - It's an automated process and there is nothing he can do to expedite it"

I was previously told to phone back this lunchtime if I hadn't received my shipping e-mail - which is why I called him, but he said, he didn't know why I was told to call back - I'll receive an e-mail when it's shipped.

So it looks like no Thanksgiving Treo for me
    EricJ - You have me laughing out loud! Call Fedex's 800 number and ask them what the heck is going on, probably a screw up in the tracking info/website.
    Quote Originally Posted by ERicJ

Code:
    Uh oh. Looks like they had a bad address. I've seen this several times before. It could be going back to the warehouse.
    I too have a different shipping and billing addresses.
    Order Date:
    11/08/2004 01:41:41 PM
    Maybe this is the common denominator?

How nout you SKFNY?
    Quote Originally Posted by ERicJ

Code:
    Wonder why yours shipped out of Indianapolis, I thought they were all coming from Louisville, KY or Memphis. Strange. Also, how the hell did they get it from IN to TX in 40 minutes?
    No, I have the same shipping anb billing address. But I do recall from posts last year's 600 frenzy that different shipping and billing addresses will delay your order.
    Ordered Thursday November 18th at 4pm pacific time. Delivered just now.....9:58am

Norrin
    Quote Originally Posted by Norrin Radd
    Ordered Thursday November 18th at 4pm pacific time. Delivered just now.....9:58am

Norrin
    Wow, P1 really screwed this up. Can't believe orders places on the 18th are arriving potentially weeks, or at least days before original orders on the 8th.

SKYNFY - You should type up a paragraph about this, reference this thread, and email to Slashdot to see if you can get coverage. P1 really screwed the pooch on this.
    Quote Originally Posted by adamtraidman
    Can't believe orders places on the 18th are arriving potentially weeks, or at least days before original orders on the 8th.
    Let's not say that, ok?
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by adamtraidman
    Wonder why yours shipped out of Indianapolis, I thought they were all coming from Louisville, KY or Memphis. Strange. Also, how the hell did they get it from IN to TX in 40 minutes?
    I called FedEx's 1-800 number, and the rep said "the scans are not necessarily posted in order"... which didn't make much sense then, and even less now. But she assured me that my package was out for delivery on a truck in Texas.

As for the route, I'd guess they drove it from Louisville to Indianapolis which would explain the long time from initial package data to arrival at 1AM. Then it flew from Indianapolis to Houston with a one hour time zone change that's about a two hour flight.

Proof that I'm not seeing things:
    Attached Images Attached Images