Page 32 of 38 FirstFirst ... 222728293031323334353637 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny
    What about this whole shipping process makes you think that the party in charge at P1 has any clue about how to run this operation?
    Yes, it is obvious that they don't. Every other place I order sends the information needed to get a tracking number. Treocentral does it for their accessories (which I just ordered from) as does Tiger Direct and every other place. All you get through P1 is an outdated web status. Any change in status in their system ought to post that change directly to the website. The whole thing could be automated. But then I think the entire P1 staff adds up to about 20.
    Eric
    Quote Originally Posted by tubby_bartles
    PalmOne changed their customer service message today to not let you speak to a representative if you're asking for tracking info. The message just says they just don't have it before midnight of the day it ships.

If true, that would mean there's no way to ensure getting it before Thanksgiving. If it doesn't ship today you won't know until tomorrow.

Sigh.
    Happened with me as well. It's bs. Press the selection to "speak with representative if you've already received your order". Once I got a rep I asked for the tracking. I asked if they were frusterated with the phone calls on the tracking status and he said 'yes'. No sympathy from me though.
    Mine is on the truck for delivery!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by HighRollN95
    whoops, just wanted to say hi to everyone and how everyone is doing today?
    Much better now that a certain someone has gone above and beyond
    the call of duty to supply me with a tracking number.

Many thanks,
    Mark

041108-791xxx

Nov 23, 2004*
    8:09 AM At local FedEx facility *TEMPE, AZ*
    6:30 AM At dest sort facility *PHOENIX, AZ*
    4:48 AM Departed FedEx location MEMPHIS, TN*
    12:50 AM Arrived at FedEx location *MEMPHIS, TN*
    I totally agree that P1 has messed up this shipping thing (perhaps among other things, which I hope to evaluate today myself when I get the unit...though it will be my first Treo so not much to compare with). I also have NO sympathy for calls to P1 about tracking numbers...maybe it will push them to FIX THE PROBLEM P1! It is also a lie that they don't have tracking numbers. When I got the email from P1 on Saturday, I called right away to get the tracking number, which they had in their system. It just did not show up on the FedEx system until about 9:30 PM last night (Monday). So don't be daunted by the lie, give them a call and get your tracking number, or tell them to fix their email system to give it out automatically like other reputable companies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Advance The Man
    No sympathy from me though.
    CSRs are taking the hit for P1's incompetence on this issue. No one at P1 apparently feels any sympathy for us pre-orderers who were begging them to take our $599 as soon as they would accept it and give us our "toys" before Thanksgiving.
    judging by the colors and my memory it looks like the order status page at p1 is really the old hs site page, so its probably a integration issue
    Jim@treo1.com
    <a href="http://treo1.com">
    treo1.com
    One Stop, plain and simple
    <a href="http://treo1.com/index650.htm"> Visit our new Treo650 optimized site!!</a>
    <a href="http://palmoscentral.com"> Visit our new website palmOSCentral.com!</a>
    Okay, just called and spoke with a CSR named Matt. Tells me its shipped bout 40 minutes ago via UPS??? Has anyone heard of them using UPS yet? He gave me some code...tracking ...I also said why aren't you guys updating the website...if this is the case why does my website status say B.O? Well, he sure did not sound pleased and said well its supposted to be updating.....Oh Boy.
    Law school is a 3 year exersize in mind control--Thomas Newcomb

N400(P.O.S. )-->S.E. T608-->Treo 650-->moto rzr-->xv6700-->pn-820 but I really miss my Treo!!
    FWIW, I ordered early the morning of 11/10. Email claiming 650 shipped via UPS around 2am this morning (EST). Box shows up about 20 min ago, I open it up . . . the bluetooth headseat. (didn't notice the USPS label). So now wondering whether the email means the 650 was shipped yesterday (via "UPS One Day" service) or today.

Ah, well. Just a phone.

(ha.)
    Mac Lady...did "Matt" say UPS or USPS? I think the headset is shipping USPS (mine did at least) and my Treo is shipping (today) via FedEx. I suppose they can use different carriers, but seems unusual to me.
    That is what I thought to since all I have read indicated Fed Ex. So I called his bluff and got some 1Z type of track # he reluctantly provided me. He clearly said UPS, I am positive. Who knows, all I hope is that he is on the up and up....I need that phone here already as I have just sold my T608 on Ebay ALOT sooner than I anticipated!
    Law school is a 3 year exersize in mind control--Thomas Newcomb

N400(P.O.S. )-->S.E. T608-->Treo 650-->moto rzr-->xv6700-->pn-820 but I really miss my Treo!!
    Maclady, our intrepid and helpful Josh got me my tracking number, and yes, it's UPS. It's Next Day Saver service, which (for DC) means by 3pm. According to the automagically generated UPS site, my phone is out on the truck for delivery.
    How long after you got the email did your Treo arrive? Thnx.

Quote Originally Posted by DogtownII
    Just got it, I ordered on 11/15. Sorry guys, I know the 11/08 guys are not feeling good right now. However, the good news is I never got a tracking number just a shipping e-mail. I will update when charged.

-DT
    Unbelievable. I'm convinced they're shipping in reverse order from the order date and time.
    Quote Originally Posted by distantbeats
    How long after you got the email did your Treo arrive? Thnx.
    I received my shipping e-mail the morning of the 21st.

WARNING: Of course this is a new devise for provisioning. I call the 888 number and they stumbled through the install. I though it was suspect so I took the phone into the local store. Of course the CSR at the 888 number gave me the wrong ID for the phone. I am still not provisioned. I will stop back by the store if it is not by lunch.

-DT
  16.    #636  
    I posted this on another thread too...

Just got off the phone with the RUDEST P1 rep, who tells me that the 650 will ship in 1-2 days. he offered no apologies for the delay, stating that they were well within the 1-2 BUSINESS WEEK (not counting Sat. and Sun.) time frame originally given. He could not offer any explanation as to why those who ordered well after me have received theirs. Unbelievable.....but slowly becoming more believable as I keep dealing with P1.
    Here is the worst news yet for anyone who ordered on the 8th. Spoke to 2 people, Ozzie and Damon, and all I asked was for an Honest Answer from both and they both finally told me that If you haven't received a shipping status By 12:00pm eastern time today....you will not be receiving your 650 until Friday at the earliest, and that they have been told that their is a huge problem with orders being misplaced and that they don't believe we will be getting them even before Saturday. I am about to go Postal...
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeK2
    Having placed my order on the 8th of November and still seeing "Backordered" for both the Treo and the headset, and knowing that the Treo's are in the stores now, I called P1 this morning.

I was told that it was basically "in the que" for shipping out today. He told me there was an 80% chance that it would ship today.

I'm annoyed because if it doesn't arrive tomorrow it will sit on my porch until I come hope from Thanksgiving Sunday night.

This is extremely annoying.

Mike
    I just got the email stating that it shipped today, both the Treo and the bluetooth headset. Fed Ex Standard Overnight for both.

No tracking info yet though.

I think I'm excited, but I'm a little apprehensive with all that's been discussed.

Mike
    Quote Originally Posted by tonytag
    Here is the worst news yet for anyone who ordered on the 8th. Spoke to 2 people, Ozzie and Damon, and all I asked was for an Honest Answer from both and they both finally told me that If you haven't received a shipping status By 12:00pm eastern time today....you will not be receiving your 650 until Friday at the earliest, and that they have been told that their is a huge problem with orders being misplaced and that they don't believe we will be getting them even before Saturday. I am about to go Postal...
    WTF????!!!! OMG, I'm tempted to walk down to the Sprint Store right now and at least TRY out a PPC phone. This is ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING. I'm on the phone to see what the CSR round-o-rama tells me.
    I did not get any message and I ordered on the 8th. I have beenallocated for 2 days now, whatever that means. I had a CSR put a request to the warehouse to see what is going on. I might as well say screw Sprint and I will stick with ATT and go GSM at this point.