Page 30 of 38 FirstFirst ... 202526272829303132333435 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    my 2nd treo was sent from FedEx overnight yesterday. funny that my Bluetooth sent about 6 days ago will also come tomorrow. Gotta love the USPS and their slow butts
    just got confirmation that my treo made it to the sorting facility... I already got the silicon case on my 600 for when my wife takes it over and starts dropping it. ;o(
    Well, that's good news. What time did it make it there? Mine still says "Not in FedEx Possession". Either their (Fedex) tracking system is lagging tonight, or P1 missed the cutoff for overnight deliveries!! ARGH!
    Still no word yet. Well hopefully I'll get the magical email tomorrow. That would put the 650 on my door on Wednesday. Crossing fingers
    about an hour ago...
    honestly I think what we are seeing is the lag time in 'real-time' tracking systems... and I am pretty sure the lag is between the 'web' and the actual internal system...
    though I have also come home to see the fedex guy driving away and then I walk in the house and the website says "delivered" so who the F really knows... someday each package will be trackable via rfid and wifi spots... you'll know the within 5 meters where your product is from purchase to delivery... if you want to ;o)
    the problem is most people aren't as nuts about this stuff as we are.
    Well, time for bed this evening. It'll be a real surprise if this thing shows up tomorrow.

Hope those of you without tracking numbers get yours shipped in the AM so you'll have them by Thanksgiving!
  7.    #587  
    As I posted in another thread, I am fed up already with P1. I ordered late on 11/8 (the first day pre-orders were taken) and have spoken with three different reps today, none of which could tell me if the unit has shipped or not. Finally at 1am tonite, the rep said it had not shipped and would "probably" ship tomorrow. Judging from so many posts (from people who ordered 10 days or more after me) of people who have tracking numbers, something went completely wrong with my order, and P1 won't fess up. How my unit hasn't shipped is beyond me, and how P1 can't tell me why is even more frustrating. If you can believe it, my order status is still "back ordered." Ahhhh!
    Couldn't sleep.

Ok, got some new info. For those _with_ a Fedex tracking number (sorry dean2526), I just called Fedex and learned something interesting. First, they actually have people answering the phones at 2:20AM EST, but second, and more importantly, the CSR told me that the shipper (which he said was Global Sports?!) apparently didn't enter the data correctly during shipment. Therefore, the tracking info on the website (Fedex.com) was not updated, but his internal system said that my package did get picked up early evening from the shipper and was en route, definitely for delivery tomorrow (23rd by 3:00). So... first, seems P1 uses a warehouse in Louisville, KY which also goes by Global Sports, very strange, but secondly, that they somehow messed up the Fedex data when they shipped some of these boxes today, and you need to CALL Fedex with your tracking number for proper tracking info.

Now maybe I can sleep.
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joshkerr
    Now it will be another 100 or so browser refreshes on fedex.com tonight to make sure it gets to Austin, and then tomorrow, another 300 - 400 browser refreshes until it gets to my door.
    Yeah, tell me about it. I saw that fedex.com has an option "Sign up for e-mail notifications". I thought: perfect, no need to wear out my refresh button, just SMS it to my 600. After jumping through lots of hoops to register with fedex.com it turns out they don't have a notification option for "package successfully delivered", just failed delivery attempt.

Quote Originally Posted by adamtraidman
    For those with tracking numbers, does anyone's tracking data show anything other than "pacakge not in FedEx posession" yet?
    Yep:
    Code:
    Date/Time              Status                    Location
    Nov 23, 2004 1:17 am   Arrived at Sort Facility  INDIANAPOLIS IN
    Nov 22, 2004 7:53 pm   Left FedEx Ramp           LOUISVILLE KY
    ERic
    After seeing all the ineptitude with things like shipping sequence / lying about Wi-Fi/BT compatibility on the 600 / RAM issues on the 650 / 16-bit oh not really on the m130 / usb static problems with the 500 series, etc, I guess I can see what people like SV see.

That with this group, it's not a matter of if but when they're going to screw something up. It'll be interesting to see the response from P1 once the Treo isn't the greatest product on the market.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    Does "Order Processing" mean exactly what it says on the status page - ie. "Your order is being processed and will be released for shipment within the next 24 hours."

I cancelled my order and re-entered it so as to get the free BT headphone set. With my other order it said "Ordered Received" and stayed that way about a day and then changed to "Back Ordered". I never saw an "Order Processing" status last time. Does this mean I might actually have the 650 in a couple of days.
    Got my info. on the Fed Ex site last night and the lastest info is as follows: -

Date/Time Activity Location

Nov 23, 2004 7:02 AM At dest sort facility FORT LAUDERDALE, FL

So, it's really close. Only problem is that I am stuck in Jacksonville until late, late Wednesday night so won't get to see it, play with it until Thursday morning. So, I'll charge it up Wednesday night in preparation.
    For those of us who ordered on 11/8 and 11/9 and have called P1 only to be told that our T650s are in allocated status, I have finally figured out what allocated status means. It means that P1 took our freaking units and allocated them to someone who ordered after us!
    Quote Originally Posted by enagel
    For those of us who ordered on 11/8 and 11/9 and have called P1 only to be told that our T650s are in allocated status, I have finally figured out what allocated status means. It means that P1 took our freaking units and allocated them to someone who ordered after us!
    You got that right. They reallocated them to someone else. Mine went from allocated BACK to back order status.

Eric
    Just called. My order SHOULD ship today. It better, or else... "I'll probably complain some more"
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny
    Just called. My order SHOULD ship today. It better, or else... "I'll probably complain some more"
    So they fed you a line of S too eh?
    Eric
    Having placed my order on the 8th of November and still seeing "Backordered" for both the Treo and the headset, and knowing that the Treo's are in the stores now, I called P1 this morning.

I was told that it was basically "in the que" for shipping out today. He told me there was an 80% chance that it would ship today.

I'm annoyed because if it doesn't arrive tomorrow it will sit on my porch until I come hope from Thanksgiving Sunday night.

This is extremely annoying.

Mike
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    same here mike k2...PRE ordered from P1 specifically so it wouldn't sit on my porch over the holiday...P1 is the WORST.
    I ordered on 11/11 in the afternoon. Got the BT headset last Friday. I have received no emails confirming shipment of the phone, so I finally called today. The lady gave me a UPS (I asked her why UPS since I thought they used Fedex, but she said it was odd - Heck I don't care since it was next day UPS) tracking number and it arrived in Dallas today morning. Hopefully should have the baby in my hands today...

PalmOne tracking site still shows shipped for headset and backordered for phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by gunit
    I ordered on 11/11 in the afternoon. Got the BT headset last Friday. I have received no emails confirming shipment of the phone, so I finally called today. The lady gave me a UPS (I asked her why UPS since I thought they used Fedex, but she said it was odd - Heck I don't care since it was next day UPS) tracking number and it arrived in Dallas today morning. Hopefully should have the baby in my hands today...

PalmOne tracking site still shows shipped for headset and backordered for phone.
    Oh and FYI to all, as long as it is UPS air you might get it by Friday. I called on another order and UPS wont do anything BUT air and international stuff on Friday.
    Eric