Page 24 of 38 FirstFirst ... 14192021222324252627282934 ... LastLast
    I ordered mine on 11/15, received the shipping confirmation last night. Called P1 today to get the tracking number and was told that "the full order was shipped out this morning and it should be on your doorstop by Wednesday". Oddly enough last week I was told that my head shipped then....still hasen't arrived....weird.

What a HAPPY THANKSGIVING it will be
    Quote Originally Posted by davetati
    skfny,

You have a choice....don't like then don't buy. My grandpappy always said that empty vessels make the most sound

Seriously, no one is forcing you to buy one. But endless *****ing and whining on this board is just an ugly mess.

Complain to P1 and if you are not satisfied then again, you have a choice.

Cheers.

Thanks fore the heads-up, davetati. What exactly do you think I'm doing? As I have stated, I hope to have the 650 by Wednesday at the latest. If I don't, as I've already stated, I may have to use that choice which you have so generously granted me. If everything else wasn't such a useless brick, I might not have waited so long in the first place.
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny
    Thanks fore the heads-up, davetati.
    Bit of a golfer are we
  4. OJM
    Wow - some people appear offended by messages critical of P1. I (of course) understand that we all have a choice to stay with P1 or move on. I am going to try out the 6601 and see if I like it. If I don't, I may go back to P1 and try the T650. The "love it or leave it" attitude of some on this board is silly considering how much money we are paying for these types of devices. It is exactly that attitude that is going to cauise P1 to lose its formerly loyal customer base!

All I asked is the following:

1) That orders be shipped in the order that they were received?

2) A new model to have more (or even the same) amount of memory as the model it is replacing.
    OJMBrooklyn

SPHi300>T300>T600>T650>PPC6700>700WX
    well when some people that ordered 11/15 or even 11/18 and they say it is "shipped" and that ordered 11/8, 11/9 and 11/10 says "Backordered" that is screwed up and there is no reason to make customers angry just because "you can" !
    Well, I have just seen that my CC has been hit with the charge from P1, so that's another promising sign.

I do feel for the people out there that ordered early and P1 is messing up, but it's a phone.
    I just read in another thread that they were shipping current orders before pre-orders? HOW THE HELL DO YOU LET THIS HAPPEN, PALMONE????? On a positive note, I just called and the CSR said that my order should go out today, and to call back after 6 PM to verify that it did. Every time you call, you get a new reply.
    skfny: Hang in there buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by davetati
    skfny: Hang in there buddy

It's just a phone.
    It's just a phone.
    It's just a phone.
    It's just a phone.
    It's just a phone.
    It's just a phone.
    It's just a phone.
    It's just a phone.

(Goes back to check if Chatter pulled in any emails)

It's just a phone.
    It's just a phone.
    It's just a phone.
    It's just a phone.
    It's just a phone.
    It's just a phone.
    It's just a phone.
    It's just a phone.

Hopefully the fact that the thing may ship today means that it's guaranteed to ship tomorrow, in which case I'll be happy on Wednesday.
  10. OJM
    Agreed! Ready for this one? I call P1 and ask about my order. I am told that it is backordered but should ship in a few days. I explain that I would like to cancel the order. The sales representative pauses and responds "Its allocated." I ask him what that has to do with me cancelling my order. He responds "Its allocated." This goes on for a few more times at which point I tell the rep that (1) he already confirmed that I was backordered, (2) my credit card had not yet been charged, and (3) I WANTED TO CANCEL MY ORDER. He then asks "Why?" Despite my growing frustration, I calmly explain that I don't want the 650 as I have concerns with the available memory and am unhappy with P1's decision to not ship the products first come, first served. Anyway, lonnnngggg story short is that he couldn't guarantee that the cancellation would go through as I am in mystical "Allocated" land! He suggested that, if a T650 shows up on my doorstep, I should simply return it to P1. Last and most related to the topic in this thread he stated "Not a single Treo 650 has left our warehouse yet, regardless of when people ordered. A good number are on Fed Ex trucks in our plant and will be going out as soon as they are processed." He also confirmed (by his lack of response) that order are not prioritized specifically according to who ordered first. It appears to be by batch (i.e., all 11/8 to 11/12 orders - in no particular order). In any event, it seems that P1 has decided to hold us hostage. We can't get a hard delivery date and we aren't allowed to cancel our orders! Oh what an Orwellian world we live in!!
    OJMBrooklyn

SPHi300>T300>T600>T650>PPC6700>700WX
    OJM: To not be able to cancel your order is awful, and if it was me I would be asking to speak to someone higher up in the chain. If the damn thing hasn't shipped then I should be able to cancel an order. It is obvious from several posts that P1 has an antiquated order system and that they sync to the web page for order status is lagging so badly that it is almost useless.

Perhaps you can call P1 again t see if you get someone different?

Good luck to ya.
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny
    Josh, I don't think anyone is blaming you for any of this. I'm still hoping to get a PM from you later today confirming shipment, as a matter of fact. I think if you were not providing updates on this board, the rage would be much worse. Thanks so much for the service you're providing.

Thanks so much Josh, your really helping us out here by checking on our orders. Any fustration that is being shown is not directed at you at all.
    I really appreciate the PM about my status, even though it wasn't what I wanted to hear!!!!
    J
    When the dark clouds gather on the horizon, when thunder and lightning fills the sky, When fate is but a glint in the eye of a fallen Rattler, And hopes are lost friends, When the sinew of the chest grows weary from those hard-charging linebackers, And the muscles in the legs grow tired from those hard-charging running backs ... You must remember that the Rattlers will... Strike, Strike, and Strike again.
    Hahahahahaha. This just gets worse and worse. I'm sure we'd all be laughing at this thread if we already had 650s in our dirty little hands.
    I can imagine several FULL Fedex 18-wheelers departing Palm as we speak!!
    Last edited by rocketjoe79; 11/22/2004 at 03:56 PM. Reason: Spelling
    Hehe. what are the odds that 12, 18-wheelers aren't enough and a few thousand Treos get stranded on the loading docks? I'm sure one of those will be mine.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    Just spoke to PalmOne to get my tracking number. Guy said that my order started shipping on Saturday and I should recieve my new baby around 6 pacific time. Say a little prayer for me!!!
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by J0V3
    Just spoke to PalmOne to get my tracking number. Guy said that my order started shipping on Saturday and I should recieve my new baby around 6 pacific time. Say a little prayer for me!!!
    When did you place your order?
    Josh, did u get a chance to ceheck on mine?
    Jov3...the CSR I spoke to also stated that mine was "shipped" on Saturday, but that actually means that it will be shipped today and that I will be receiving it tomorrow by 6 PM (actually she said "evening"). I certainly hope you get it today (and PLEASE post if you do), but I would not hold my breath too long for it today. Just my thoughts....I'm trying not to hold my breath even for tomorrow since my "tracking" number still is not working (and here it is 3:00 PM Mountain time). You'd think they would have scanned the things by now! Oh well....
    dmax: when did u order? I am in Denver too