Page 23 of 38 FirstFirst ... 13181920212223242526272833 ... LastLast
    They shipped mine and my card was charged. I ordered 1:30 pm on the 8th. Will be putting on ebay when received (already have a Sprint ordered 650).
    Would everybody pls. post their Order Date with their status?
    Quote Originally Posted by zizo1972
    Would everybody pls. post their Order Date with their status?
    Ordered on the 9th....Palm says they have no record...but did send me a confirm email stating 2 to 4 weeks. GO FIGURE!!!

IGO
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
    ordered on 11-8 @ 2pm EST.... Just called and they said it "should" be shipped today or tomorrow.....
    2-4 weeks? unbelievable! Looks like I am going to give up on this thing, comes whenever it comes!
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ERicJ
    Ordered 11/8/04. BT250 Headset arrived on Thursday. Got an email from P1 ~1PM on Saturday saying the 650 had shipped. P1 website says "Shipped" too, but no tracking info. Called P1 to get FedEx tracking number. Fedex website has no data on it yet. Here's to hoping it shows up Monday, but realisticly expecting it on Tuesday.
    Still no FedEx data on their website. I guess that means tomorrow.

ERic
  7. OJM
    First, I want to thank Josh for being so damn helpful! He should be immediately promoted at P1 to the position of "Guru of Customer Relations."

On a less positive note, I have decided to cancel my order and give the PPC-6601 a try (WOW - those are words I would never have predicted I would be typing on 11/22). My decision is based on 2 factors. I was greatly concerned when the memory fiasco came to light over the weekend. I am already using PowerRun because Goodlink eats up a ton of space on my T600. Less memory available = a useless Treo in my case. Nevertheless, I figured I would give P1 the benefit of the doubt and return it if my worst fears were realized on that front. I owned a Treo 300 (on the 2nd day SPCS had it), upgraded to a Treo 600 (on the 1st day SPCS had it), and have been excited for months re the 650. I just couldn't give up this late in the game.

That is until I learned that my order (placed @ 1:07PM on 11/8) will likely not ship until Wednesday or Friday (at this point I am "allocated" and it is unlikely that this order will ship for at least 2 days ). Needless to say, I am no longer excited. As if the memory issue is not bad enough, P1 has really screwed up with the shipping priority. I simply can't understand or tolerate P1's decision to ship orders received as late as 11/18 ahead of orders received on 11/8. Josh is The Man but his employer's actions re rewarding loyal early adopters is both arrogant and senseless.

It is no longer a matter of whether I am willing to gamble on memory insufficiency b/c of all of the device's other virtues. It is a matter of not wanting to give $600 to a company that (a) ignored our request for adequate memory and (b) has shown as disregard for fair play when it comes to shipping according to the que. Keep in mind, I am not a troller. I attended a Roadshow, convinced my employer to drop B'Berry for Treo 600s (20 employees), and have sung the virtues of Treos to any bored individual who would spare me the time! In fact, my fiancee makes fun of my obsession with the Treo! My point? I really hope P1 realizes how they are hurting themselves if their actions can convince the likes of me to try a dreaded PPC device. I am still leaving the door open on keeping my Vienna Channels 650 - if P1 addresses the memory issue and offers an explanation and/or apology regarding this ridiculous launch. I will of course continue to visit Treocentral (as I have done sine October 2002 when I signed up!)

PS Assuming all goes well with the 6601, I will be selling my Vienna Channels Treo 650 on eBay... Oh well, at least I will make a little $.
    OJMBrooklyn

SPHi300>T300>T600>T650>PPC6700>700WX
    Quote Originally Posted by OJM
    First, I want to thank Josh for being so damn helpful! He should be immediately promoted at P1 to the position of "Guru of Customer Relations."

On a less positive note, I have decided to cancel my order and give the PPC-6601 a try (WOW - those are words I would never have predicted I would be typing on 11/22). My decision is based on 2 factors. I was greatly concerned when the memory fiasco came to light over the weekend. I am already using PowerRun because Goodlink eats up a ton of space on my T600. Less memory available = a useless Treo in my case. Nevertheless, I figured I would give P1 the benefit of the doubt and return it if my worst fears were realized on that front. I owned a Treo 300 (on the 2nd day SPCS had it), upgraded to a Treo 600 (on the 1st day SPCS had it), and have been excited for months re the 650. I just couldn't give up this late in the game.

That is until I learned that my order (placed @ 1:07PM on 11/8) will likely not ship until Wednesday or Friday (at this point I am "allocated" and it is unlikely that this order will ship for at least 2 days ). Needless to say, I am no longer excited. As if the memory issue is not bad enough, P1 has really screwed up with the shipping priority. I simply can't understand or tolerate P1's decision to ship orders received as late as 11/18 ahead of orders received on 11/8. Josh is The Man but his employer's actions re rewarding loyal early adopters is both arrogant and senseless.

It is no longer a matter of whether I am willing to gamble on memory insufficiency b/c of all of the device's other virtues. It is a matter of not wanting to give $600 to a company that (a) ignored our request for adequate memory and (b) has shown as disregard for fair play when it comes to shipping according to the que. Keep in mind, I am not a troller. I attended a Roadshow, convinced my employer to drop B'Berry for Treo 600s (20 employees), and have sung the virtues of Treos to any bored individual who would spare me the time! In fact, my fiancee makes fun of my obsession with the Treo! My point? I really hope P1 realizes how they are hurting themselves if their actions can convince the likes of me to try a dreaded PPC device. I am still leaving the door open on keeping my Vienna Channels 650 - if P1 addresses the memory issue and offers an explanation and/or apology regarding this ridiculous launch. I will of course continue to visit Treocentral (as I have done sine October 2002 when I signed up!)

PS Assuming all goes well with the 6601, I will be selling my Vienna Channels Treo 650 on eBay... Oh well, at least I will make a little $.

P1's arrogrance and incompetence with shipping sequence have also put me in the unenviable position of actually considering a PPC phone on this fateful day in November. I will act on those considerations if I don't have my 650 by Wednesday, at the latest.
    I think i will too! I will settle for any bluetooth phone! I am sick of this!
    I'm sorry to hear about what's been going on but I hope I atleast gave alittle bit of an edge of help to everyone, I hope no one is mad at me I just wanted to see if I could help out and explain a few things but thanks for all of your input though I hope I have been good help
    I have to say that I am amazed at peoples impatience on here. I do admit that the P1 order process and tracking is far from perfect....but for people to get upset about a few days.

Bottom line is, if you don't like it then go elsewhere, which I guess is what some people are doing. I'll wait :-)
    Order date 11/10/2004 07:13:29 PM. Have talked to P1 and told that I "should" receive an order update [whatever that means and implies] in 2 to 3 days.

Hope my Treo 300, that has had a lid dangling by 2 small wires for two weeks, can hold out for another!
    Quote Originally Posted by HighRollN95
    I'm sorry to hear about what's been going on but I hope I atleast gave alittle bit of an edge of help to everyone, I hope no one is mad at me I just wanted to see if I could help out and explain a few things but thanks for all of your input though I hope I have been good help
    Josh, I don't think anyone is blaming you for any of this. I'm still hoping to get a PM from you later today confirming shipment, as a matter of fact. I think if you were not providing updates on this board, the rage would be much worse. Thanks so much for the service you're providing.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny
    Josh, I don't think anyone is blaming you for any of this. I'm still hoping to get a PM from you later today confirming shipment, as a matter of fact. I think if you were not providing updates on this board, the rage would be much worse. Thanks so much for the service you're providing.
    I agree - Josh, you've been a BIG help, and deserve a load of thanks. Just hoping that mine will ship today (ordered on 11-8). C'mon, Palm! C'mon, FedEx!
    that's cool thanks yeah keep in touch with me i'll still be at work til 9:15pm today and the same tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by davetati
    I have to say that I am amazed at peoples impatience on here. I do admit that the P1 order process and tracking is far from perfect....but for people to get upset about a few days.

Bottom line is, if you don't like it then go elsewhere, which I guess is what some people are doing. I'll wait :-)
    It's not just the impatience. It's also what is perceived by some of us as arrogance on the part of PalmOne. If there was a legitimate competitor, we'd have 64-128 MB RAM, and we probably wouldn't be going through this shipping fiasco. P1 knows (thinks) we're stuck with them, and does not seem motivated to respond to us. Of course, TC is a small subset of P1's target audience. If any of us leave, there will be several new members coming in to replace us.
    Hi,
    I ordered my Treo650 on 11/11, and about a week ago got email saying the headset had shipped. The headset still hasn't arrived. My status shows "mixed", with the headset showing "shipped" and the treo showing "back-ordered."

I called P1 a few minutes ago, to check on everything. The very kind gentleman I spoke to said that the headsets were indeed shipped, and gave me a tracking number that should work sometime tomorrow, once it is part of regular UPS shipping (maybe USPS?). It is currently in NJ, so it isn't too far from my house (NY), so perhaps it'll be here before I get to use the tracking info.

He also said that my Treo should be shipped today, and if not today, will probably be shipped tomorrow. He confirmed what others have said, that the tracking systems aren't always up to date, and said that my Treo may have already shipped. He seemed very confident about the Treo being shipped today or tomorrow, so it almost seems as if they are going to be able to ship them all soon (or maybe I was reading too much into his tone).

So it looks like tomorrow or Weds. will be the big day.
    skfny,

You have a choice....don't like then don't buy. My grandpappy always said that empty vessels make the most sound

Seriously, no one is forcing you to buy one. But endless *****ing and whining on this board is just an ugly mess.

Complain to P1 and if you are not satisfied then again, you have a choice.

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by skfny
    It's not just the impatience. It's also what is perceived by some of us as arrogance on the part of PalmOne. If there was a legitimate competitor, we'd have 64-128 MB RAM, and we probably wouldn't be going through this shipping fiasco. P1 knows (thinks) we're stuck with them, and does not seem motivated to respond to us. Of course, TC is a small subset of P1's target audience. If any of us leave, there will be several new members coming in to replace us.
    I placed my order on 11/8 at around 10:30am PST.

I received shipping confirmation on 11/20. However, FedEx doesn't pick-up on Saturdays, so I'm pretty sure all of our units are sitting in the warehouse waiting to be picked up today. As for the tracking numbers, anyone can generate a tracking number... But you won't be able to track it until FedEx actually picks up the parcel and scans it into their system.

By the way, I think it's stupid that people who ordered early didn't get in on the free headset.
  20. OJM
    Josh - You have been a great source of info! I doubt that any sane person would be "mad" or blame you in any way for P1s errors in judgment!
    OJMBrooklyn

SPHi300>T300>T600>T650>PPC6700>700WX