Page 17 of 38 FirstFirst ... 7121314151617181920212227 ... LastLast
    Hi Josh when i call support all i get is the same info i get on my status check from my pc and nothing more then they listen to me complain and yes me the rest of the way. nothing more

Fred
    Not a problem I figured you know I'd try to help out with everyone because there's been alot going on about the whole T650 issue, I mean honestly I'm waiting on the GSM version which we have no info about and that's really getting to me because I really don't understand why only Sprint came out and not all the versions came out at once and get them shipped out...the Treo 650 introduction could have done alot better than it did but oh well I'm just a sales rep so I couldn't really be heard..lol..
    Well I can try and help out some people..I'll be working tomorrow 9:15am to about 7 to 9 at night, but hey tomorrow's a new day and should be a good day from what I've been hearing on my side
    I'll give you a call tomorrow, Josh. Unless I get a confirmation email from P1. I still believe that the "ordered on day 1 but haven't heard a peep about even a headset" crowd is SOL as far as shipping this week. Hope I'm wrong.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    I ordered 11/9 8am...and nothing...no email...no headset...they got nothing for me...very discouraging!
    Boy, I hope either the shipped status reports are either false or HighRollN95 is correct. I have faith, but I would be seriously pissed if the orders were not shipped in the order they were received. My order was placed placed 11/7 (just before midnight) and was the first to break the news P1 was taking pre-orders on these boards. I placed it before the free BT headset offer, which I declined when P1 told me I would have to cancel and lose my place in line to get it (fair enough, I placed my order without any knowledge of the offer). But that decision was based on the belief that by keeping a spot at the front of the line would get me the 650 first. I fear that their system is closing out orders which have been partially-shipped first before the others. Hopefully I am concerned for nothing. Guess I'll find out tomorrow.
    HP 95-LX > Pilot 5000 > Cassiopeia 105 > Cassiopeia 115 > Handspring Visor > Palm M505 > Toshiba e740 > Palm Tungsten C > Palm Tungsten T3 > Dell Axim X30 > Treo 650
    Quote Originally Posted by jonhoffm
    Boy, I hope either the shipped status reports are either false or HighRollN95 is correct. I have faith, but I would be seriously pissed if the orders were not shipped in the order they were received. My order was placed placed 11/7 (just before midnight) and was the first to break the news P1 was taking pre-orders on these boards. I placed it before the free BT headset offer, which I declined when P1 told me I would have to cancel and lose my place in line to get it (fair enough, I placed my order without any knowledge of the offer). But that decision was based on the belief that by keeping a spot at the front of the line would get me the 650 first. I fear that their system is closing out orders which have been partially-shipped first before the others. Hopefully I am concerned for nothing. Guess I'll find out tomorrow.
    I talked with PalmOne, and he stated a couple of items, that contradicted what other CSRs stated and promised me, but do make more sense.

1) They do not process orders in the order in which they receive, but the order in which they clear credit card approval. Like yourself, I placed my order a few minutes after you did on the very early morning of the 8th. Since my order didn't clear credit card processing for many days, my order is delayed. I placed another order to get the headset, and that order cleared a day later, the 9th. THEREFORE, if you are placing an order, I would call up and make sure your order has cleared their credit card processing pre-approval step. They left me a voicemail on the 9th, which I called back, and the CSR said everything was fine with my order. In fact, at that time, it was still being held up.

2) I'm sure there are a lot of people here that have had horror stories with Handspring/Palm1. In fact, if you look at the visorcentral boards, you will read of many people being triple/quadruple billed for their Visor Deluxes. I had an aweful experience getting my Visor Deluxe. In addition, last year, when I ordered my Treo 600, I had several issues. I ordered 2 phones. They shipped the first order, which turned out to be a DOA unit - more on that later. The second order, I didn't received since my credit card company declined the charge for fraud preventative measures. I talked to my credit card company, and they called Handspring with me on the line to try to explain that it was their error, and the charge should of went through. Handspring said they would process the order, but I would have to wait another 4-6 weeks after my original 4 week waiting period. Separately, I called about the DOA unit that I received. Handspring once again, stated that I would have to wait 4-6 weeks to order another unit. So out of two orders and waiting about 4 weeks, I had no working treos! I ended up ordering one through Amazon who shipped me one within a week and I got another through a Sprint store.
    Last edited by gene; 11/21/2004 at 10:44 PM.
    Made my purchase from P1 on Thursday. YES this last Thursday November 18 and just got the email that my 650 and headset have shipped FEDEX overnight!!!!!!!

Again, explain why running to sprint was better???

HA!

Norrin
    If this is true I will be very upset.
    When the dark clouds gather on the horizon, when thunder and lightning fills the sky, When fate is but a glint in the eye of a fallen Rattler, And hopes are lost friends, When the sinew of the chest grows weary from those hard-charging linebackers, And the muscles in the legs grow tired from those hard-charging running backs ... You must remember that the Rattlers will... Strike, Strike, and Strike again.
    Dear Robert G:

We're pleased to inform you that the following item(s) from order
    04***-86**** have been shipped. For items with a status other
    than shipped, you will receive an e-mail notification of the shipment
    when it occurs. Your credit card has now been charged for the item(s)
    that have shipped, plus any applicable sales tax.

VIEW YOUR SHIPMENT STATUS
    The link below will supply you with the most recent shipment status.
    Please allow up to 1 hour for this information to update on our website
    from the time you receive this e-mail.

http://web.palmone.com/support/order_status.jhtml

Shipping Address:

Robert G
    4120 Drive
    C, CA 9****

Your shipment includes the following item(s):

Item: 1751468
    Description: PALM BluetoothWireless Headset
    Quantity: 1 @ $ .00

Item: 1767721
    Description: PALM Treo 650 USB Sprint
    Quantity: 1 @ $ 599.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Norrin Radd
    Made my purchase from P1 on Thursday. YES this last Thursday November 18 and just got the email that my 650 and headset have shipped FEDEX overnight!!!!!!!

Again, explain why running to sprint was better???

HA!

Norrin
    Same here, I place an order on palmOne.com , 1am EST Friday Nov 19, wrote an Email via the web-interface Saturday 3:30am asking for cancellation (reading all these memory issues, crashes, etc), and 5pm Sunday got a shipment confirmation Email back ...

I also went on Ebay and paid $21 to get a replacement battery for my treo 300 ... which I figured I be using until they fixed the memory shortage

Edit: however, the website is still not updated, still lists me as a 'back order'
    Last edited by orange; 11/21/2004 at 11:41 PM. Reason: added status info
    Quote Originally Posted by Norrin Radd
    Dear Robert G:

We're pleased to inform you that the following item(s) from order
    04***-86**** have been shipped. For items with a status other
    than shipped, you will receive an e-mail notification of the shipment
    when it occurs. Your credit card has now been charged for the item(s)
    that have shipped, plus any applicable sales tax.

VIEW YOUR SHIPMENT STATUS
    The link below will supply you with the most recent shipment status.
    Please allow up to 1 hour for this information to update on our website
    from the time you receive this e-mail.

http://web.palmone.com/support/order_status.jhtml

Shipping Address:

Robert G
    4120 Drive
    C, CA 9****

Your shipment includes the following item(s):

Item: 1751468
    Description: PALM BluetoothWireless Headset
    Quantity: 1 @ $ .00

Item: 1767721
    Description: PALM Treo 650 USB Sprint
    Quantity: 1 @ $ 599.00
    Hey there. I don't mean to bust your b'lls here but are you sure this email post is real? I just called Palmone (ordered mine on 13th) and they still have it as back order and I don't even have accessories. If you are telling the truth, great, but if not, please come clean here. Thanks,
    Eric
    Just went to see the ugly words "back ordered" on my status page... again. Do you think they're processing phone orders differently from phone+activation orders? That would explain a lot. Sprint tells P1 to make sure the new activations get shipped first, and P1 says, "Sure, we'll go screw our loyal customers for you." Hope Josh responds to this. Is anyone who received the shipping email an existing Sprint customer?
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny
    Just went to see the ugly words "back ordered" on my status page... again. Do you think they're processing phone orders differently from phone+activation orders? That would explain a lot. Sprint tells P1 to make sure the new activations get shipped first, and P1 says, "Sure, we'll go screw our loyal customers for you." Hope Josh responds to this. Is anyone who received the shipping email an existing Sprint customer?
    I guess you too are an existing sprint customer? I am as well. I had not even thought of that to be honest. It would be interesting to know if this gentleman who posted the email is an existing customer. When I spoke to PalmOne a little while ago they said anyone ordering before 10 Nov should get theirs by 1 Dec, all others before X mas.
    Eric
    I just called P1 and they confirmed that my T650 will ship today and I got a tracking number. Nothing on the Fedex site yet but I would imagine that is due to it not actually being picked up from P1 yet. By the way, I am a current Sprint customer.

Looking forward to getting my hands on the T650 and having a good play with it over the long weekend.
  16. OJM
    Quote Originally Posted by davetati
    I just called P1 and they confirmed that my T650 will ship today and I got a tracking number. Nothing on the Fedex site yet but I would imagine that is due to it not actually being picked up from P1 yet. By the way, I am a current Sprint customer.

Looking forward to getting my hands on the T650 and having a good play with it over the long weekend.

What does your Status show as on the website? I still have the dreader Backordered despite having ordered on 11/8 at 3PM. I am hoping that Josh is right and ours will all be shipping today but I find it odd that the site would say BO for those who ordered on 11/8 and "Shipped" for people who ordered 11/18! I have decided to cancel my P1 order and wait for my VC order to ship. I may even make the sacreligious move to order a PPC6601 from Sprint and decide whether I will keep that or the Vienna Channel T650 when it arrives. The memory issues combined with the shipping issues are dampening the excitement for many. I hope P1 realizes that they are in danger of losing some of us....
    OJMBrooklyn

SPHi300>T300>T600>T650>PPC6700>700WX
    ok back at work...I saw that alot has been going on, any updates on people getting tracking numbers and finding whereabouts their items are yet?
    OJM: My order status shows shipped for both items. It was showing BO for the T650 on Saturday but later in the day was showing fully shipped. My order was placed on 11/8 in the early afternoon.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    unbelieveable...still nothing...
    I'm not sure how it really works on the weekend but when the order status' show shipped on the weekends normally when monday hits that's when business starts again and things should be getting shipped out today that's what I've seen from experience