Page 10 of 38 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141520 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by scaredpoet
    this does definitely make the concept of the preorder useless. It's a shame Palm1 hasn't learned.
    Lol!

I think PalmOne knows exactly what they're doing!

They are not the ones needing a little "learning"!
  2.    #182  
    I know prior threads said that P1 is shipping "the week of 11/22", but has anyone called lately to see if they might be shipping this week???? (in light of Sprint shipping yesterday).
    They are Shipping Monday 11/22.

They told me everyone who has pre-ordered, has a back order status.
    If you ordered early enough you will probaly have the unit tuesday.
    I ordered some extra styli, the headset, the "essentials kit", and the 650 itself. P1 has shipped the styli to me express, the headset via ground, and the 650 and "essentials kit" are still marked as backordered.
  5.    #185  
    what is "early"? I ordered 11/8 at 11pm ET.
    yea, you had to have ordered by 10:30 PM EST on 11/8......
  7.    #187  
    funny
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Unfortunately, I "waited" and didn't order until morning after the pre sale was announced (11/9).

I'm still "back ordered", but was fine thinking they'd ship on 11/22.

So finally I call to see what's up...was told that P1 had been taking orders for two weeks (!) prior to 11/8, so I, even though I ordered less than 24 hours after the sale was announced, will not get any of the first batch. And they have no idea when they will be able to send more out...

What a chump Palmone has made me into...
    Quote Originally Posted by PayDay99
    Unfortunately, I "waited" and didn't order until morning after the pre sale was announced (11/9).

I'm still "back ordered", but was fine thinking they'd ship on 11/22.

So finally I call to see what's up...was told that P1 had been taking orders for two weeks (!) prior to 11/8, so I, even though I ordered less than 24 hours after the sale was announced, will not get any of the first batch. And they have no idea when they will be able to send more out...

What a chump Palmone has made me into...
    Screw P1. Cancel, order from Sprint, and be talking on it Friday morning. Also, make sure when you cancel your P1 order, you let them know why. They need to hear it. It's just unacceptable that the carrier has them before the manufacturer.
    I pondered this until the 13th but the order shipment for all orders said the same...bottom line was 2-3 weeks. I don't know how many orders they must fill but somehow I think they will have plenty. Think about this - only the true geeks are sitting around on pins and needles waiting. I would guess that the bulk of the buyers don't even know about this phone yet and I bet that they fill all of these pre orders at once. Before placing my order, I called Sprint locally here about 5 times and I was the only one to even inquire about it. The guy recognized my voice even. My point being, there are far less orders to fill than everyone things. Comeplete speculation on my part but as we have read in numerous threads, WE are the minority here. That means small population, therefore small demand in the grand scheme.
    Eric
    Quote Originally Posted by kirkeric
    I pondered this until the 13th but the order shipment for all orders said the same...bottom line was 2-3 weeks. I don't know how many orders they must fill but somehow I think they will have plenty. Think about this - only the true geeks are sitting around on pins and needles waiting. I would guess that the bulk of the buyers don't even know about this phone yet. I bet that they fill all of these pre orders at once.
    Eric
    Oh sure, the masses may not even know about this phone for 3-4 months from now. The average consumer is really passive and not too concerned about a telephone, etc. We are certainly geeks when it comes to gadgets. Oh well, we are P1's biggest word of mouth advertisers, so it pays to keep us happy.
    Quote Originally Posted by ericshmerick
    Oh sure, the masses may not even know about this phone for 3-4 months from now. The average consumer is really passive and not too concerned about a telephone, etc. We are certainly geeks when it comes to gadgets. Oh well, we are P1's biggest word of mouth advertisers, so it pays to keep us happy.
    Yes, trust me I want mine TOO! My point was really to address the quantity issue. I think they will have no problem filling every order they have right now.
    Eric
    I just ordered my phone from P1 about 15 minutes ago. Sales rep said it will probably go out early next week but said official line is one to two weeks.

I'm curious......other than having the phone 5-7 days before other people, what is the advantage to ordering from Sprint over P1?

thanks
    norrin
    There appears to be no advantage except THAT.
    I am not going to mess with my P1 order though.
    I'm resigned to wait as well. Living in Hawaii, it's not like "next-day air" means anything, anyway. No matter who I order through, it's a three-day wait as best. Of course, I sure would've preferred if that longer wait started yesterday!

I imagine this question has been answered repeatedly, but if anyone has a quick answer, I'll ask it anyway: If PalmOne is the manufacturer of these units, how is it that Sprint has all the inventory?
    Well since I'm on my fourth re-order with P1, I guess I can't complain when I get it. I thought about getting it from Sprint, but I've got enough going on with Sprint now, I don't want to muddy up the waters with them too much. When I did my order today, it said 1-2 weeks delivery. I can wait.
    I just got off the phone with a P1 rep, he was pretty cool. What he did say is that the 650's are definitely shipping next week, but it is first come, first served. I ordered mine on Monday the 8th in the afternoon, hopefully that was soon enough to be included in the first batch....
    Quote Originally Posted by saucycg
    I just got off the phone with a P1 rep, he was pretty cool. What he did say is that the 650's are definitely shipping next week, but it is first come, first served. I ordered mine on Monday the 8th in the afternoon, hopefully that was soon enough to be included in the first batch....
    It would make sense to fill first come first served but I still think they will easily fill all pre-orders. A good question would have been, does he know how many orders he has to fill and how many he will have in stock? That would be a good tidbit.

Eric
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Just curious...have any of you received the "awaiting shipment" email? Apparently, that's the sign that you are tabbed for the 650s they have in stock, according to my surly CSR (and I was nothing but nice! really!). As I mentioned, I have not received the email, hence, am not one of the lucky ones that will get it before thanksgiving!!!
    I just went the PalmOne Treo store and the Pre-order button has been changed to Buy Now.

Check it out here:

http://web.palmone.com/