Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I have previously bought 3 sprint phones from a seller on Ebay. His ebay name is sprintnetwork. He is only good for new service or adding a line.

Anyway, he will next day my Treo (so he says) and I'll have it in the morning. He was good to go on the previous lines I got from him.

I think you have to order by 3:00 pm to get it tomorrow. If you buy after, it will be two days.

Anyway, I now have three phones coming. One from P1, one from Sprint and one from Ebay.

Whoever gets here first, I keep, the other two get cancelled.

Oh, I called Sprint to try to get a confirmation/order number from my telesales order, and they still do not have it.
  2.    #2  
    Update:

The guy from Sprintnetwork called me back, and confirmed UPS delivery tomorrow (he wont have a tracking number until the morning). However, he did give me my new sprint phone number.

Based upon my past dealings with him, I think I'm good to go and....

WILL HAVE A TREO 650 IN THE MORNING.

Okay, how the hell am I supposed to sleep tonight???
  3.    #3  
    Crap, I'm so excited, I keep forgetting things.

I bought it for $419.

He sells them for $369 if you live in the right area code.

Free overnight shipping.
    Do you know if he'll sell without a contract?
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb
    Do you know if he'll sell without a contract?
    I don't think so, according to his Ebay site. It's only for those getting a 2 year contract or adding a line.

I'm luck to be adding a line, so I can get all the rebates without fuss. If you are just upgrading, I think you are out of luck there.

All I hope is to have a picture in the morning, of tomorrow's Wall Street Jouranal in one hand (to show the date), and the Treo in the other.
    Seems rediculous to order all of these phones, pay for them, then go through the nut roll of returning (I despise have to return crap). What a pain in the ole rump-ola to go through to save maybe a week or so. Heck, my 600 screen has been broken for a month now. Try using a 600 with about 1/3 of the screen viewable. Gives you a great appreciation for things to come.
    Eric
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by kirkeric
    Seems rediculous to order all of these phones, pay for them, then go through the nut roll of returning (I despise have to return crap). What a pain in the ole rump-ola to go through to save maybe a week or so. Heck, my 600 screen has been broken for a month now. Try using a 600 with about 1/3 of the screen viewable. Gives you a great appreciation for things to come.
    Eric
    Dude, I agree, its one of the most pathetic things I have ever done. I'm sick and need help. If my wife knew what I was doing, she would mock me for sure. All for a stupid phone. Of course, I offered her a 600 and she said no, she wanted a flip phone. Gadget qeek that I am, I thought she was the one that needed help.

What I hope is to only get one phone (in the morning) and cancel the other orders. I hope from the Ebay guy, cause he had the best price ($419) and no tax, no shipping.
    Quote Originally Posted by amb34
    Dude, I agree, its one of the most pathetic things I have ever done. I'm sick and need help. If my wife knew what I was doing, she would mock me for sure. All for a stupid phone. Of course, I offered her a 600 and she said no, she wanted a flip phone. Gadget qeek that I am, I thought she was the one that needed help.

What I hope is to only get one phone (in the morning) and cancel the other orders. I hope from the Ebay guy, cause he had the best price ($419) and no tax, no shipping.
    My wife would kill me. I already have to shmooze her for a few days before I actually get the approval to place my order (knowing full well I WILL). After that though, I am Mr Silent about it and wait for the box at the door. "Oh, something came for me?" "I forgot all about that". Ha.

I too am a complete geek

Good luck, hope you get to cancel a couple rather than have to return.

Eric
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by kirkeric
    My wife would kill me. I already have to shmooze her for a few days before I actually get the approval to place my order (knowing full well I WILL). After that though, I am Mr Silent about it and wait for the box at the door. "Oh, something came for me?" "I forgot all about that". Ha.

I too am a complete geek

Good luck, hope you get to cancel a couple rather than have to return.

Eric
    That's why I have things delivered to the office...ignorance is bliss.
    That's why I call home and have me daughter put it up in my home office before anyone gets home.
  11.    #11  
    Yes, it's amb34--the second one here with a Treo. That's my dork face here and on Engadget (okay, how pumped was I to get posted on Engadged--yes, there is an inner geek in me).

Anyway, there is a guy on Ebay, an authorized Sprint dealer. Sprintnetwork, or something like that. He sells the 650 for $369.99 if you live in certain places, $419.99 for others. You have to be a new customer or adding a line.
    If you search for the 650 on Ebay...hell, here is his link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...731908081&rd=1

I ordered from him yesterday at 2:55 est (3:00 is his cutoff for next day), and I got my treo at noon today.

Cancelled my P1 order, cancelled my sprint order (not in time, its still coming and I have to refuse it).

Buy where you want, I don't care, but the guy got me a Treo in 21 hours.

Okay, back to screwing around with my baby.
    Quote Originally Posted by amb34
    Yes, it's amb34--the second one here with a Treo.
    Okay, back to screwing around with my baby.
    Uh, I think that's against the law in most places.
    Scraps of paper>>Back of my hand>>Kyo 6035>>Treo 600>>Treo 650>>PPC6700(Sold on Fleabay)>>Treo 650>>Treo 700p>>Treo 755p and still thinking about an iPhone
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by speclcajun
    Uh, I think that's against the law in most places.
    Listen, all I know is that my Treo won't name names. Unless I forget to mark them private.
    Lol...
    < same topic, merged >
    Any one else order from sprintnetwork on ebay? Im about to but not sure if i can trust it.
    Lets just say I am dubious, myself, as with all Ebay auctions. I see no feedback from any Treo 650 sale.

-jc
    Also, there are spelling errors in the ad. The e-mail address associated is a hotmail address, the 800 number sounds like a home answering machine, and there are no payment instructions or Paypal Protection included in the ad. I'm assuming they are asking for cash!

They just registered a few months ago on Ebay, as did TreoCentral user amb34. These are all red flags to me!

No thanks, here.

-jc
    Did a search for "SPRINTNETWORK" and found this thread. This guy on Ebay is selling the 650 for $145 SHIPPED w/ 2 yr activation. It seems to be the same deal as Wirefly.com's $199 deal am I right? Has anyone else bought their 650 from him? I went to his feedback and a couple of them were for the 650 so he seems legit.
    I bought one today. Things seem to go off without a hitch. It will be here tomorrow. They collected NO payment information, the bill will come from sprint.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast