Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    TC Members,

If we ordered from Vienna Channels are we going to wait months to get our Treo 650? Sprint seems to be shipping them like hotcakes today, but we have heard nothing from Vienna Channels.

I would like to hear from everyone who is stuck with a Vienna Channels
    order...

Mark
    In the same boat as you... My guess, and it is nothing more than a guess, is that they will ship at the same time as p1.

I think that if we have them by Thanksgiving it will be a miracle.

-rob
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    P1 has stated many times before. Vienna Channel is NOT a store. If you want your Treo 650 right away, buy it from Sprint or P1!
    Vienna last said 4 weeks less than 1 week ago.

If what they are promising in 4 weeks is demo units (to be followed at some later time by new units) then I'm not sure I see where there is any real nor implied delay.

The Roadshows have to end for there to be demo units for Vienna to ship, right?

Haven't heard a peep from TreoCentral either, eh? Don't they sell TREOs?
    I'm fine to wait, but you can always buy a P1 phone with the option of returning it within 14 days if the VC phone shows up.

K
    Quote Originally Posted by robber
    In the same boat as you... My guess, and it is nothing more than a guess, is that they will ship at the same time as p1.

I think that if we have them by Thanksgiving it will be a miracle.

-rob
    ugh, so not a good thing to hear

in my opinion, if i get it sometime before xmas, than it was worth saving the money by using vienna channels
    DAK
    Doug Kaplan
    Global Posts
    805 Global Posts
    There will be a wait. At the NYC Roadshow yesterday, they emphasized that Vienna Channels is not a store, and should not be treated as one. They hinted that it will be faster to get it through regular retail channels. I don't think it'll take more than a week or two vs. Sprint, but it does look like VC orders are likely be the last orders to be fulfilled.
    Quote Originally Posted by Albert C. Lee
    ... At the NYC Roadshow yesterday, they emphasized that Vienna Channels is not a store, and should not be treated as one. They hinted that it will be faster to get it through regular retail channels. ...
    Same thing said in Chicago. I am hoping that they are giving us the worst case scenario and that the VC phones won't be too far behind the others. I, too, think the savings is worth the wait.

K
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    Don't get me wrong, $250.00 in savings is awesome, but I thought we
    were going to be first, now it sounds like we won't be last (GSM models),
    but we will be so close to last, you could call us kissing cousins.
    You could always buy one from Sprint today...then sell your VC phone when it comes in. You may not get the full $250 savings...but it should be close.
    I think I am going to wait for Best Buy, it should be any day now. Maybe tomorrow if Sprint is shipping them from central location. Anyone have any info on the BB arrival date update?
    This has been my corrospondence with Jeff from Vienna, for the past few weeks.

He states the GSM model will not be shipping until January.

TheHandlessKing

And no, I will not post the headers.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    We expect to be shipping this model some time in January as we are expecting the inventory from palmOne then.

Jeff

Sent: Tuesday, November 16, 2004 9:40 PM
    To: xxxxxxxxxxxx@viennachannels.com
    Subject: Re: Treo 650 order status

Hi Jeff,

I'm just curious what the status of my Treo 650 order is.

Thanks!

Jason xxxxx

On Nov 5, 2004, at 12:14 PM, Jeff Marinangel wrote:

I do not know or have a date yet.

-----Original Message-----
    Sent: Friday, November 05, 2004 12:15 PM
    To: xxxxxxxxxxxx@viennachannels.com
    Subject: Re: Treo 650 order status

Jeff,

I am currently hearing reports that the Treo 650 that I will be purchasing through this channel will not be available until Dec. 7. Could you please confirm that for me?

Thanks
    Jason xxxxx
    On Nov 2, 2004, at 1:49 PM, Jeff Marinangel wrote:

Thank you for your Treo 650 Cingular/ATT model. *This smart device is unlocked and will operate on other GSM networks such as T-Mobile as well.

Your order is confirmed and will be shipped as soon as our inventory is received from palmOne.* We hope to have inventory sometime within the next week and will keep you updated on status.

Jeff Marinangel

Vienna Channels Evalexpress

palmOne Mobile Solutions Road Show Demo Program
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    If those clowns decide to ship the phones then I will terminate the order and not upgrade to the 650. Already thinking about switching to another PDA phone anyways. I mean, the 650 isn't even THAT great of an upgrade.
    Quote Originally Posted by oggle
    I mean, the 650 isn't even THAT great of an upgrade.
    Shhh...not yet! Not yet!

Wait til this thread:

-- http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=62461

takes over!

Giggle.
    Hi SV I'm GiggleBush and not oggle.
    I have no doubts about the 650, I'm just stung over the delay from Vienna Channels. WAA!!!
    Hopefully the $199.00 rebated price tag will take away the sting
    Ugh...January 2005?! That totally blows
    Quote Originally Posted by MacUser
    Ugh...January 2005?! That totally blows
    Thats for the GSM model which is going to be (according to reports) Jan 2005 for everybody at least so -- at this point -- its not a VC issue.
    Jeff at Vienna said today (Thu 11/18) that we're looking at 2-4 more weeks for the Sprint 650's. Waaaaaaaaah! <sob>
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Can someone please tell me if tax is added to the Vienna Channel order?

thanks.
    I got the same 2-4 week message although he did say i could upgrade shipping to overnight ot make it slightly faster, at what ever point they ship. Why are we, the roadshowees, last, even over NEW customers. ach.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast