Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Sorry if this was discussed before, couldn't find it after searching the forums.

What BT headset do you guys recommend?

There are sellers on ebay with what seems like good discounted headsets and I want to buy one for my new 650.
    I bought a Sony Ericsson HBH-600 for my T608. I had tried a friend's Jabra BT headset and had a lot of static. The HBH-600 has worked great. I'm hoping it works as well for my Treo 650. I might have some data on the HBH-600 + Treo 650 for you in a day or two.
    I personally like my Bluetrek G2 (which I saw a post somewhere stating that it is now $29 after rebate or something like that). I have only used it with my BT laptop, though, and not "my precious" 650 yet.

I will say that it has gone through the wash twice now but after it fully dries, still works like a charm.

-Gadgetpro
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    what about the Motorola HS820 Bluetooth Headset ?
    There's been a wealth of discussion about bluetooth headsets on the boards (here's two threads):

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=59872
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=61617

FYI, if your search is returning too many hits try using the advanced search and adding more key words to your search.
    go.digital
    I may wait for more info on the new HP one that someone mentioned in this forum.
    typically if you follow the howard forums, it seems that the HBH-300 is the absolute best. I have one of these and concur. I also have a jabra 200 (POS, drops calls, lots of static, little to know range) and a nextlink chameleon (ok, but not good volume).

I think that SE has the best ones out.

J
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetpro
    I personally like my Bluetrek G2 (which I saw a post somewhere stating that it is now $29 after rebate or something like that). I have only used it with my BT laptop, though, and not "my precious" 650 yet.

I will say that it has gone through the wash twice now but after it fully dries, still works like a charm.

-Gadgetpro
    I didn't get quite the good deal but I did purchase the G2. Hope it works like you say. Very impressed on the ability to wash it! That is damn good.

Eric
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetpro

-Gadgetpro
    Hey, how do you wear that damn thing? I can't tell if the little ear piece (holder part) comes from behind the ear or from the front.
    Appreciate your help.
    Eric
    Quote Originally Posted by bmwTreo
    what about the Motorola HS820 Bluetooth Headset ?

I tried the 820 and 810

I decided on the 810! The 820 had a slightly better fit but the call quality on for the people I was talking to seemed better. Plus the 810 is more convenient. It comes with a holster to carry it when not in use.
    You know, a lot of folks are down on the Jabra models. I had serious battery life and range issues with my BT200, but the BT250 I got as a replacement has worked like a champ, and I'm looking forward to trying it out on my new T650 when it arrives. The only thing I still have problems with on the BT250 is the delay in picking up a call; it gets worse the longer it's been between charges.
    Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced. --Greg Bear
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnJ80
    typically if you follow the howard forums, it seems that the HBH-300 is the absolute best. I have one of these and concur. I also have a jabra 200 (POS, drops calls, lots of static, little to know range) and a nextlink chameleon (ok, but not good volume).

I think that SE has the best ones out.

J
    Yep. Tried one on today and I must say I love the fit and how easy it is to put on single-handedly. And it's smaller in real-life then in the pictures. I'd like to know how it performs with the Treo 650 first before I take the plunge.

JohnJ80, could you test the following out and post the result:
    1. When an incoming call comes in, headset rings automatically.
    2. After answering an incoming call on the Treo, audio is automatically transferred to the paired headset.
    3. After dialing an outgoing call on the Treo, audio is automatically transferred to the paired headset.
    4. While on an active call on the Treo, pressing the headset button will transfer the call to the paired headset.
    5. Reject calls by pressing a button on the headset.
    6. Redial calls by pressing a button on the headset.
    7. Swap calls by pressing a button on the headset.
    Good marks from users for the Cardo Scala 500, too. I ordered one from MacMall for $35 with free shipping. I'll write more after I use it for awhile, but here's a very detailed review:

http://www.cooltechzone.com/index.ph...1&limitstart=0

The reviewer complains a bit about the price (and little else)... Kinda funny it's actually almost ridiculously inexpensive.

Todd/Indy
    Quote Originally Posted by bmwTreo
    Sorry if this was discussed before, couldn't find it after searching the forums.

What BT headset do you guys recommend?

There are sellers on ebay with what seems like good discounted headsets and I want to buy one for my new 650.
    Everyone has a favorite headset they swear by. I saw many here raving about the Scala 500, but when I got mine I was awefully disappointed.

My favorite? Motorola HS810. It is well made, it turn it off you simply fold the boom mic, and that Star treck blue light turns off 5 minutes later so you're not a target. Some headsets, Scala included, keep flashing as long as they are turned on and within range.

Also the tones heard in your ear when it connects or disconnects the call are soft musical, not loud squeals.
    is IPhone is blue tooth headset???