Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Palm one $599.99, plus free over night shipping, no tax, and a free bluetooth head set

Sprint $599.99, $7 for over night shipping, tax ($50), and no head set ($50)

Is it worth the $100 to have the 650 a week or two earlier from sprint?

Im sticking with palm one and waiting

Last edited by TreoFever; 11/17/2004 at 10:07 AM.
    $100? Are you getting this from the Bluetooth headset?
    "Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do but it doesn't get you anywhere... Write that down."
    -Van Wilder
  3.    #3  
    Im setting the value of the head set at $50 and tax + shipping at $50
    Since I already have my order with P1, AND I can live an extra few days or so with my T600 until the T650 ships, I will stick with P1. I can't believe all these people that go crazy (dare I say outright stupid) and must have the phone tomorrow. If it was a kidney or heart transplant I would understand...but we are talking about a phone.

I've said it before....patience is a virtue.
    I'm just anxious because I'm going out of town over the holiday weekend next week. Leaving Wed night. I'd love to have this along on the trip.
    I have the same question. I ordered from PalmOne and Sprint. There was a mixup with my Sprint order, though.

It's a good question. Go with sprint now OR wait for the Palm order?

YOU CAN ALWAYS ORDER BOTH AND RETURN ONE.

My current phone sucks! I have been waiting for the Treo 650 to come out. That's why I am in great need of this new phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by davetati
    Since I already have my order with P1, AND I can live an extra few days or so with my T600 until the T650 ships, I will stick with P1. I can't believe all these people that go crazy (dare I say outright stupid) and must have the phone tomorrow. If it was a kidney or heart transplant I would understand...but we are talking about a phone.

I've said it before....patience is a virtue.
    I have waited 9 months for a treo smartphone. I discovered the 600 in Feb. and came on TC to learn more. The rumors of the 610/Ace/650 convinced me to wait for the new version. Having waited 9 months and having had a large cup of coffee this morning (not usually a coffee drinker) I am having trouble sitting still until my noon lunch break to order the phone let alone Monday.

Plus once I order the phone I won't have to check TC and PalmOne every 10 minutes for news on order status and will actually be able to do my job... I need help
    "Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do but it doesn't get you anywhere... Write that down."
    -Van Wilder
    Quote Originally Posted by bobva6
    I have waited 9 months for a treo smartphone. I discovered the 600 in Feb. and came on TC to learn more. The rumors of the 610/Ace/650 convinced me to wait for the new version. Having waited 9 months and having had a large cup of coffee this morning (not usually a coffee drinker) I am having trouble sitting still until my noon lunch break to order the phone let alone Monday.

Plus once I order the phone I won't have to check TC and PalmOne every 10 minutes for news on order status and will actually be able to do my job... I need help
    My God! It's like you're reading my mind! Remember, it could be worse. You could be waiting on a LONG line with viennachannel like I am I'm half tempted to get a Sprint T650 and new account to see how the coverage is and return it in 29 days.
    I've decided to wait for the Palm1 order as well...I have an order and a supposed ship date. I figure I'll get mine 5-7 days after all you lucky (sick ) dogs who are buying now with overnight delivery (and I'll save roughly $100). Hey, does anyone suppose that now that Sprint is shipping that Palm will go ahead and start shipping too? Just my optimistic (sick) side taking over.
    Nope!, I asked that question to a Palmone Rep just today and he told me that their plan was to start sending them on Monday Nov 22 and that's when they will ship.(With a sarcastic tone might i add)
    Thanks for the information (and bringing back to P1 reality)...of course they won't ship until Monday. That's OK (unfortunately), I think I can still wait.
    Yeah, I'll save myself the $100 and wait for PalmOne's as well. I'll still have it before everyone I know and that's more than enough for me.
    im holding out, plus i ordered the car charger. Me waiting a few days longer gets me the charger.
    Maybe people should stop trying to "keep up with the Jones" ??

Still, I do get lots of amusement out of people on this site and their complete impatience over a PHONE !!!!!!!

ROFL
    PalmOne's 30 day no questions asked return policy, free Bluetooth headset, free overnight shipping vs Sprint's 14 day hassled return policy, no headset, shipping charge. 14 days is not enough time to see if the unit is trouble free from my experience with the 600.

My choise = PalmOne.
    Quote Originally Posted by fishnetb
    PalmOne's 30 day no questions asked return policy, free Bluetooth headset, free overnight shipping vs Sprint's 14 day hassled return policy, no headset, shipping charge. 14 days is not enough time to see if the unit is trouble free from my experience with the 600.

My choise = PalmOne.
    Yep, I agree...I have had some horrible experiences with telesales in the past few years. Never seem to get things right. Anyway, I ordered through PalmOne.
    Which? Both. I now have an order in at both places. Which ever gets here first, I keep. Sprint tells me I'll have it by Friday, maybe monday at the latest. P1 says Backorder.

I really don't care who gets my money, which ever gets me my phone first.
    Global Posts
    678 Global Posts
    Sprint has started there holiday return policy as of Nov 15 purchases. So you have until Jan 15th to return a Sprint purchased handset. Unfortunately for me I don't qualify for the 18 month replacement $150 discount. They offer $75 if you have had your headset for at least 12 months, but I'm short on that too. I talked to retention and tried to get some money for signing a new 2 yr contract since mine has been expired since last Jan but no luck. I guess I'll wait for my order from P1 with the free headset to come in next week.
    Mike G

Touch (Sprint)
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    What did it for me was that I qualified for the Sprint $150, but they are charging $50+ in sales tax and no shipping so the savings is $100, about the same as the cost of the headset. Pretty much a wash.
    I will also just wait on my palmone order and try my best to not visit this damn site so much. Gets depressing reading all of this. I can't wait to get the phone so we can then exchange useful info on operating it.
    Eric
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast