Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast
    Someone asked about new customers so for what its worth, I signed up as a new Sprint customer under the business account side of Sprint. Someone earlier posted a business number and I called someone named Shane at Sprint who took my order, my work number and credit card info (to run a credit check I guess). I told him I was a lawyer and my tax ID number (which is my social security number). He called me back thirty minutes later and said Welcome to Sprint, your Holy Grail would be shipped tonight and I would get it tommorrow (Thursday via UPS). He told me that I received $150.00 off the phone, gave me an unlock code, new customer account number and new phone number. Stupid me, I didn't think to ask for a tracking number and now its too late. Even worse it sounds like I should have told him to hold off on the rebate and just ship the phone or let me come by and pick it up. I guess I still have an outside chance at being the first to post proof of ownership, but probably not after what I have read.
    Quote Originally Posted by speclcajun
    Aren't you the same guy who was crying because a stewardess wouldn't let you play with your 600 on a plane? Once a whiner, always a whiner.
    Whiner? Look at your footer!
    They can give you a tracking # from looking up your new cell phone #.

All is not lost
    O.K. the feeding frenzy has begun... sweet!!! I ordered thru Vienna Channels and am going to have to wait ??? I guess, but it will be worth it because my price will be worth the wait!!!
    $599-roadshow coupon=$349-$150 (2yr Sprint contract)=$199
    SWEET!!!
    At least thats how I will be consoling myself tommarrow when everyone else has a 650 and I do not
    Next week I'll be DA-MAN
    Is it even worth getting the first phase of the Treo 650's? Remember the first phase of the 600's? They had so many problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by eddietreo
    Is it even worth getting the first phase of the Treo 650's? Remember the first phase of the 600's? They had so many problems.
    If you are asking this question then it might not be the correct decision for you. However, many of us are willing to deal with bugs that accompany first generation products. The people making a mistake are those expecting it the be 100% right out of the box.
  7.    #167  
    Quote Originally Posted by eddietreo
    As long as it turns on and works as a phone, I'll be happy. Any problems can surely be handled with patches, exchanges, or more $$$.

It has been almost 24 hours since I placed my order and I still don't have my Treo 650 from Sprint. If the UPS tracking didn't say "OUT FOR DELIVERY," I think I would just give up.

Hi all,

I'm a total noob when it comes to PDA-Phones, but I've been watching them really close for the past year or so. I know the Treo 650 has been highly anticipated.

Could you by chance tell me what the biggest differences are between the 600 and the 650?

Thanks much!

-Mike
  9.    #169  
    Quote Originally Posted by litlsi

Hi all,

I'm a total noob when it comes to PDA-Phones, but I've been watching them really close for the past year or so. I know the Treo 650 has been highly anticipated.

Could you by chance tell me what the biggest differences are between the 600 and the 650?

Thanks much!

-Mike
    Try these:
    Quote Originally Posted by 4spammers
    Ahh, that's fantastic! That's quite an improvement I'd say.. Basically a new phone from the sound of things. Do you think my SprintPCS store will have these bad boys in stock today?

Thanks for the help.
    -Mike
    Quote Originally Posted by Gameboy70
    The main advantage to ordering through Sprint, and why I resisted the temptation to preorder through P1, was to get the 1 year warranty for servicing or replacement at Sprint stores. If something goes wrong with my Treo, I don't want to be forced to ship it back to P1 and be without a phone in the interim; I'd rather limit myself to 90 minutes of hell waiting in a Sprint store, then get on with my life.
    That's no advantage.... you go thru Sprint for the warranty regardless. Sprint doesn't care where you bought the phone from as long as you're the 1st person to activate it.
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
  12.    #172  
    Ahh, that's fantastic! That's quite an improvement I'd say.. Basically a new phone from the sound of things. Do you think my SprintPCS store will have these bad boys in stock today?

Thanks for the help.
    -Mike
    Unlikely. The guys at my SprintPCS store barely know what the Treo 650 exists. It's not even listed on SprintPCS.com yet. For now, your best bet is to call SprintPCS directly (see the start of this thread if you need a number).
    OK, have any NEW Sprint customers gotten actual order numebrs and/or tracking numbers? I've called and talked to 2 different Reps at telesales and they indicated that the phone is not on the system for NEW customers, but finally got the second girl (very friendly) to take a per order which they will "turn in to their processors when they come in." She indicated this was the second such order she's taken personally today. Supposedly they will call me back later today once they are able to process the order.

Am I doing something wrong here????
    Called up Sprint CS to see about the $150 rebate since I've been a customer for about 4 years. They told me that since I purchased a ($400) phone back in May 04 that it reset my 18 months.. So, the 18 months is PER PHONE, and not per account as a normal person would expect. Well, I assume I'm pretty "normal." heh.

Anyone else run into this, or is this what you already knew?

-Mike
  15.    #175  
    Called up Sprint CS to see about the $150 rebate since I've been a customer for about 4 years. They told me that since I purchased a ($400) phone back in May 04 that it reset my 18 months.. So, the 18 months is PER PHONE, and not per account as a normal person would expect. Well, I assume I'm pretty "normal." heh.

-Mike
    Yeah. I've been told the same thing. It's ridiculous. If you pay full price for a new phone (no rebate), then it shouldn't affect anything with your plan or a rebate schedule. It should be 18 months since your last new phone rebate. I'll argue this one with Sprint later. For now, I'm focused on getting my precious.
    LordByron-
    I'm a new sprint customer and purchased one through business yesterday. Received an order number yesterday and is scheduled to ship today.
    Quote Originally Posted by LordByron
    OK, have any NEW Sprint customers gotten actual order numebrs and/or tracking numbers? I've called and talked to 2 different Reps at telesales and they indicated that the phone is not on the system for NEW customers, but finally got the second girl (very friendly) to take a per order which they will "turn in to their processors when they come in." She indicated this was the second such order she's taken personally today. Supposedly they will call me back later today once they are able to process the order.
    This is pretty much the same story I got on my new-to-Sprint order. I called the rep first thing this morning to find out if my "paper" order became "real". He told me have gave it to his supervisor to be entered yesterday but that was not done. He found my paper oder on the supervisor's desk and told me when the guy comes in (about 11:00 Eastern) he will stand at his desk until he enters it into the system. He seemed a bit annoyed they they guy didn't put it in yesterday. At that point, he'll call me back with a tracking number. We'll see...

When I called later yesterday (after the rep who took my order had left) I was told that they'll be able to do new Sprint order today, so hopefully we are getting the same story and it is true. If so, possibly we'll have our devices by tomorrow (Friday).

-Mike
    That is correct. You would have had to have had the same phone for 18 months. The only exception is if it was replaced for technical reasons.
    Quote Originally Posted by 4spammers
    Yeah. I've been told the same thing. It's ridiculous. If you pay full price for a new phone (no rebate), then it shouldn't affect anything with your plan or a rebate schedule. It should be 18 months since your last new phone rebate. I'll argue this one with Sprint later. For now, I'm focused on getting my precious.

Get this.. I called back wanting a second opinion. The rep I get tells me the same thing as the first one.. So I say, "Okay, so I bought a new phone for $400 back in March, and I want to give Sprint another $600-ish dollars now, but Sprint doesn't want my extra $600? I don't understand that logic." This time she adds, "Actually, I now see there's been a code applied to your account back in yadda-yadda that makes you eligible for the promotion. Go to your Sprint store and tell them to look it up, and you'll be all set."

Inconsistency is a CS killer, and the #1 reason for customer frustration.
    -Mike
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    I've had my treo 600 since last january 04 and i was told I qualify for the 150 upgrade offer.
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast