Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dliao
    Has anyone check their credit card? My card already shows

11/17/2004 TEMP SPRINTPCS CUSTCAREPMT - OVERLAND PARK $652.02

Although it might just be a temporary transaction so Sprint can verify that my card works.

But hopefully it's the indication that it's already in the prcoess of shipping it out
    my card is showing it as a 'pending charge', meaning they've run an AUTH on it but not actually billed it to the card yet. I presume they bill it once it leaves the loading dock. hey, maybe that's the fast way to determine when it actually hits the road, rather than the tracking number. hmmm......!
    Paul Theodoropoulos
    <a href=http://www.anastrophe.com>www.anastrophe.com</a>
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    I just got off the phone with telesales and an order number. Crystal said it should be here on Friday. We'll see!
    ok, count me among those who broke down and ordered one from sprint... they said 2-3 days via UPS, which would put it saturday or monday since i'm sure i can't count today starting at 8 p.m.

would have been nifty to have the bluetooth headset but i never use a headset so i probably would have lost it anyway. my thing is to see if it works with my toyota prius, because i have missed my onstar personal calling that i had in my buick. who needs a headset when it works through the car's audio system!
    Change is a challenge to the adventurous, an opportunity to the alert, a threat to the insecure.
    I just ordered my Treo650 too (8:30pm EST), my very first Treo product, weeeeeeeeeeee!

I called Sprint and ordered, got the order number and everything. 2-3 days UPS. The agent (Jean) said that I could in fact pay more for overnight, but all orders taken after 2pm EST are shipped the following day anyway even though listed as overnight, so in reality "overnight" in this case means it will arrive the same day, or the next day. I asked about the 30.00 instant web rebate, he asked around but said its only for customers adding an additional line of service on their phone or for new customers. However, he said instead he could waive the shipping for me so thats cool. Also, he said the package includes the 150.00 rebate form and receipt to mail back in.

He also said his inventory screen when he got in this morning (I didnt ask what time), showed 1200 units of Treo650 available. When I ordered mine less than 10 minutes ago at 8:30pm EST, he said there were now only 319 units left, 318 after my order.

Early adopter, here I come!
    Last edited by TracerHawk; 11/17/2004 at 09:05 PM.
  5.    #145  
    Welcome to Treo world, TraceHawk!
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Regarding the $150 rebate...

So, if the rebate form is in the box... How do you exactly qualify for the rebate? Is the rebate the same as the 18 month customer "appreciation"/upgrade rebate? Or, is this a different rebate?

I called Sprint sales/telesales/csr's a few times. I received different stories. If you've had the LINE for 18 months you'd qualify, since you have a Treo 600 already you qualify... I was also told that I didn't qualify since I haven't had my PHONE active for 18 months.

I'm very confused, but I want the Treo 650... Only if I can qualify for the rebate.
    Monster Crayons: monstercrayons.com
    SPRINT PCS Retention Plan 2001: 4 lines - $120/month (plus over $40 in taxes; yes, $40) - 3180 shared anytime - 4000 (8pm) and Voice Command on each line - unlimited PCS/Vision/Picture Pack/Roaming/FIMF
    Most recent phones: Samsung A500 - Samsung A620 - Hitachi P300 - Samsung VI660 - Treo 600 - Sony Ericsson T608 - Treo 650
    SPRINT PCS customer since 1997.
    Quote Originally Posted by christof
    Regarding the $150 rebate...

So, if the rebate form is in the box... How do you exactly qualify for the rebate? Is the rebate the same as the 18 month customer "appreciation"/upgrade rebate? Or, is this a different rebate?

I called Sprint sales/telesales/csr's a few times. I received different stories. If you've had the LINE for 18 months you'd qualify, since you have a Treo 600 already you qualify... I was also told that I didn't qualify since I haven't had my PHONE active for 18 months.

I'm very confused, but I want the Treo 650... Only if I can qualify for the rebate.
    I got the $100 rebate for a one year contract (I did not want the 150.00 rebate for the two year contract). At first she said I was not qualified until January 2005 for this rebate. I then said I had been a loyal customer for several years, etc. and you get the picture. She then consulted with Customer Service and after several minutes, she came back on line and said I was qualified. Hmmm, I may have got this rebate because I was not under contract too.
    Quote Originally Posted by christof
    That's weird. It seems like people hear a lot of different stories. When I placed my order, I was told I do qualify even though my Treo 600 has only been active on Sprint since May 04. My original service was on a Treo 300 back in Feb 03. Perhaps I'm qualified because of my Treo 300, which was purchased through Sprint. My Treo 600 was bought used on ebay.

Also, I was told that my rebate would only be available after the new phone was active for 30 days. I'm not sure but I get the impression that I would either have to call back at that time, or else they would credit me $150 on my service plan.

-Carl
    Last edited by Carl Gundel; 11/17/2004 at 10:54 PM. Reason: ebay, not amazon
    -Carl Gundel, author of Liberty BASIC
    http://www.libertybasic.com
    Continuing my saga: I now know more about Sprint and my contract than I wanted to know. After speaking to Debbie Stanford (recommended by another alert TreoCentral reader) I then had to speak with 3 other people at Sprint, each less helpful. I called her back and she pointed me toward Customer Service.

I learned that while Debbie could give me the $150 "instant-rebate" not mail-in-rebate, not credit-on-my-service, she could only sell me a "hot phone", i.e., one that has service with it. I was looking for a "cold phone" just the Treo 650 instrument, I already have a contract and 4 lines of service.

To make this long story interminably longer, I discovered that by taking this new "line of service" I can order the Treo 650 for $599.99 - 150 = $449.99 and cancel the new line within 14 days, and one of my sublines is no longer under service=no $150 penalty. Unfortunately, after 6 calls I'd missed the shipping window for today, she'll get the order in tomorrow and will call me with the order number, etc.

I feel I'm caught in a post-modern fable: there are as many versions of the "Sprint truth" as there are Sprint people to talk with. One guy promised me they aren't in the warehouse, I was confusing the order with PalmOne. I said "I've been to PalmOne HQ, I've been to Sprint HQ, they're not the same."

Moral: Keep talking to different people until you get an answer you like and can live with.

Caveat: I'll believe the answer when I get the Treo 650 in my hot little hands.
    Bill Petro
    www.billpetro.com
  10.    #150  
    Over twelve hours since I ordered my Treo 650 from Sprint and it's still not here yet. I've almost given up.
    OK, I'm seeing conflicting information. Have any NEW customers successfully ordered today direct from Sprint? If so, what, if any, rebates were you able to get?

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by BillPetro
    Continuing my saga: I now know more about Sprint and my contract than I wanted to know. After speaking to Debbie Stanford (recommended by another alert TreoCentral reader) I then had to speak with 3 other people at Sprint, each less helpful. I called her back and she pointed me toward Customer Service.

I learned that while Debbie could give me the $150 "instant-rebate" not mail-in-rebate, not credit-on-my-service, she could only sell me a "hot phone", i.e., one that has service with it. I was looking for a "cold phone" just the Treo 650 instrument, I already have a contract and 4 lines of service.

To make this long story interminably longer, I discovered that by taking this new "line of service" I can order the Treo 650 for $599.99 - 150 = $449.99 and cancel the new line within 14 days, and one of my sublines is no longer under service=no $150 penalty. Unfortunately, after 6 calls I'd missed the shipping window for today, she'll get the order in tomorrow and will call me with the order number, etc.

I feel I'm caught in a post-modern fable: there are as many versions of the "Sprint truth" as there are Sprint people to talk with. One guy promised me they aren't in the warehouse, I was confusing the order with PalmOne. I said "I've been to PalmOne HQ, I've been to Sprint HQ, they're not the same."

Moral: Keep talking to different people until you get an answer you like and can live with.

Caveat: I'll believe the answer when I get the Treo 650 in my hot little hands.
    Aren't you the same guy who was crying because a stewardess wouldn't let you play with your 600 on a plane? Once a whiner, always a whiner.
    Scraps of paper>>Back of my hand>>Kyo 6035>>Treo 600>>Treo 650>>PPC6700(Sold on Fleabay)>>Treo 650>>Treo 700p>>Treo 755p and still thinking about an iPhone
  13. SSM
    I tried multiple times to order as a new Sprint customer today with no luck (even though I thought I had it in the bag). Here is what I understand is going on...

Sprint is offering new customers the option to order phones starting tomorrow. You will receive a $150 instant rebate on the hardware (no forms to fill out and send in). If you ask (you MUST ask!), you will receive an additional $30 instant "web" rebate.

I though I had mine purchased, but when I called back after I found out about the web rebate, I learned that my order was never processed, it was in, but not processed. According to the higher up I spoke with, the sales reps are NOT supposed to be selling to new customers until tomorrow, so what there were doing was basically putting the order into system for processing for tomorrow so they would not lose the commission on the sale and then telling customers it is on its way. Pretty shady if you ask me.

The ONLY way to confirm that the order was placed is to get an order number, my CR refused to give me one and that led to figure out what was going on.

Needless to say I canceled my order with the original CR and will be receiving a call from another rep (the one who filled me in) to place a new order in the am.
  14.    #154  
    Yes!

Just over twelve hours since I ordered my Treo 650 from Sprint. My UPS tracking just kicked in. My Treo 650 is officially "in transit." And only 115 miles to go (Louisville, KY to Indianapolis, IN) -- that's less than a two hour drive! It's just gotta come tomorrow!

Woohoo!
    For what it's worth, when I ordered mine today, the Sprint guy said if the $150 rebate form wasn't in the box, just go to any Sprint store and they'd give me one to fill out. So I'd suggest not even mentioning it, if it confuses the issue with the reps or delays your order.
    Speclcajun, you're confusing me with the guy who was unhappy that prelimbic flight attendants could not understand when a Treo 600's wireless was off. Actually, I'm the guy who will be delighted that flight attendants will see my Treo 650 and recognize that it is an "electronic organizer or BlackBerry that is in non-transmitting flight configuration".
    Bill Petro
    www.billpetro.com
    I am a sprint customer for nearly a decade, get this... 2 months ago had my wife who is also customer join my account and signed 2 year contract. ordered from p1 2 treo 650 last week, realized today that I can order from sprint and decided to see if I qualify for rebate... the rep on the phone tells me that since I combined and signed 2 months ago neither me or my wife qualify for the rebate, I told him we shall see... got off the phone with him called cs and guess what 45 min later me and my wife qualified for the rebate... fast forward to ordering 1 unit from sprint to arrive here friday/sat and I will cancell one order from p1 keeping the other and there you go ...
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmite
    I wouldn't go sulk because a few people underestimate the value of money and over estimate the value of their future toy with which they will be bored of after a week. I too have a pre-order in with Palm. I see no reason to forfeit getting a free headset and charged no tax in exchange for getting a phone tomorrow that may or may not even really show up. Have you noticed the majority of posters on this subject are all brand new to the board? This just looks like someone stirring the bee hive...
    The main advantage to ordering through Sprint, and why I resisted the temptation to preorder through P1, was to get the 1 year warranty for servicing or replacement at Sprint stores. If something goes wrong with my Treo, I don't want to be forced to ship it back to P1 and be without a phone in the interim; I'd rather limit myself to 90 minutes of hell waiting in a Sprint store, then get on with my life.

I can forego the headset since I haven't used one to date -- BT or otherwise.
    It costs $642 incl. taxes buying fromSprint. Palmone doesn't charge taxes in Texas and other states and if you were lucky enough you could get the bluetooth headset for free from them and next day shipping for free for $599. I added another battery and my total cost was $650. Not bad for a phone, a battery and the blootooth headset even though I have to wait 1 week,.
    Quote Originally Posted by aarons12
    ok, count me among those who broke down and ordered one from sprint... they said 2-3 days via UPS, which would put it saturday or monday since i'm sure i can't count today starting at 8 p.m.
    It wouldn't be Saturday. Unlike USPS, Saturday isn't a regular business day for UPS unless you specifically pay for Saturday delivery.

My guess is that Sprint's shipping via 2nd Day, and quoting 2-3 days for CYA purposes. I was quoted 2-3 days, but if they're shipping from Kansas to California by UPS Ground, the odds are slightly less than even that I would receive it in 3 days or less. Since it would be unrealistic not to add a day of fudge time in case the package didn't make it to Sprint's shipping dock in time, I'd be willing to bet that any unexpedited order that generated a tracking number today will arrive to its destination Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by aarons12
    would have been nifty to have the bluetooth headset but i never use a headset so i probably would have lost it anyway. my thing is to see if it works with my toyota prius, because i have missed my onstar personal calling that i had in my buick. who needs a headset when it works through the car's audio system!
    Way cooler than using a headset, IMO.
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast