Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 211
  1. #121  
    I just ordered at the 888-253-1315 number. There were 504 units left out of the original 2,500 units after mine was confirmed. The rep I talked to said that about 3 hours ago, he noticed there were around 1,900 left, so they are moving fast. He also said that the only people that are able to order these are people that are already Sprint customers. I don't know if that is accurate, but that is what he told me.
    I got my order number but no tracking number as that won't be generated until the item is shipped. It will be shipped from Ketucky overnight. I do pay a small shipping charge of $4.95 for Overnight UPS shipping. I guess I will be getting my new phone tomorrow! YEAH!
    jamesalexander (at) compuserve.com
  2. SSM
    SSM is offline
    SSM's Avatar
    Posts
    24 Posts
    #122  
    Ok, I am finally learning why Sprint is #1 (or 2) for poor customer service....get this....

    I called on the 4 times on the 1315 # to get a phone and they advised that I could not order one as I am a new customer. I called the 4727 # and was sold one. I call back to find out about the additional $30 rebate, get transferred 6 times (honest) and then finally they tell me that NO sales rep should be selling to new customers and that the sales rep actually ordered me a 600, not a 650 (after I told her 650)! They also told me that they never processed my credit card (I'll beleive that when I see it) and that THEY will call me back tomorrow so that I can place my order (and I must ask for the additional $30 rebate or sorry charlie).

    Boy, I am quickly getting ready to say S$$$w you Sprint and wait for Verizon....no NEW customer should EVER have to go through somthing like that!
  3. #123  
    Quote Originally Posted by mahoman
    The $419.99 price is for the Treo 600. You better call back and confirm which phone you ordered.
    Since the phone wasn't in the system yet, I think it's safe to assume it's not the T600 which is in their system. Also someone just mentioned that it was a $30 web rebate that brought the price down.
  4. #124  
    Long time lurker, but was finally moved to add my voice here...

    After reading this thread early this morning I called *2 and was redirected to inside sales, who was happy to sell me one, and included the $150 rebate. (I've had a Samsung I-330 since it was new. The system said for some reason I didn't qualify for the rebate, but the sales rep happily entered the code for it into my order.)

    After reading the later posts here, I went back to Sprint CS and tried to get a tracking number, only to be informed that "something was holding it up". I relayed what I had seen from other folks here, and she said "Oh, that would be it." She deleted the rebate collateral, which released the phone. She called the shipping desk to confirm that my handset was sitting on the dock for tomorrow morning's pickup, after which I could call for a tracking number.

    I've been a Sprint customer for several years. I'm a small business owner with three lines of service, and have had my ups and downs with their CS department. Today was most definitely an "up".
    Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced. --Greg Bear
  5. #125  
    FYI - You can probably tell from this thread that Sprint is being bombed with orders. I talked to a friendly young lady at the warehouse a few minutes ago (transferred from telesales to shipping to warehouse) and hse confirmed they were "swamped" with Treo 650 orders (that's all they've had all day), and wouldn't have tracking numbers before tomorrow morning. In fact, we may have our 650's BEFORE we can get a tracking number.

    Do you think SPrint is getting any idea of the pent up demand?

    Can you say $1,200,000 in sales today (she estimated they started with 2000 phones this morning).
    Last edited by dstrauss; 11/17/2004 at 04:39 PM.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
  6. #126  
    No cameraless version until December

    Also, the telesales rep said 1,900 units still there...
  7. #127  
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    FYI - You can probably tell from this thread that Sprint is being bombed with orders. I talked to a friendly young lady at the warehouse a few minutes ago (transferred from telesales to shipping to warehouse) and hse confirmed they were "swamped" with Treo 650 orders (that's all they've had all day), and wouldn't have tracking numbers before tomorrow morning. In fact, we may have our 650's BEFORE we can get a tracking number.

    Do you think SPrint is getting any idea of the pent up demand?

    Can you say $12,000,000 in sales today (she estimated they started with 2000 phones this morning).
    By my math 2000 phones at $600 is only $1,200,000
  8. #128  
    Quote Originally Posted by jimHy
    By my math 2000 phones at $600 is only $1,200,000
    I fixed - kind of like the feds - just off by one digit!
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
  9. #129  
    they aren't sold out or backordered. i know that much.

    for anybody that called for a order status...what did they tell you?
  10. #130  
    I've been following TC since the T600 came out last year. Never posted. Just read. There was a time I hated Sprint CS. Lately, they've been better. I just ordered my T650 from Sprint-they charged a 7.95 'handling' fee for overnight. It will go out tomorrow-at which time, they should have a tracking number. I will keep my P1 order until I have the phone in hand. I'm getting an additional one for my wife, but I will port an old number.

    Just in case shipping reads this, they were very helpful. I still think Sprint should reward their existing customers. I guess it's time to list the 600. I'll miss you old friend
    Attached Images Attached Images
  11.    #131  
    Whew! Got my tracking number. Nothin' showing up at UPS.com yet...but that's to be expected. Hopefully, I'll get my Treo 650 before the tracking number starts working. I wish I could ship to my office...but they wouldn't take an alternate address for shipping.

    If it helps, here's how I finally got a tracking number:
    • I called 800-480-4727,
    • skipped "2" for spanish,
    • pressed "1" for sprintpcs,
    • pressed "3" to purchase products or services,
    • pressed "2" to check status of an order.

    Hmmm. Maybe I'll be working from home tomorrow.

    BTW - it's been nearly eight hours now and still no Treo 650 in my hand.

    Maybe I've gone overboard with this...has anybody else written perl scripts to notify them as soon as "treo650" shows up on SprintPCS.com? My laptop will just pop up a message, but my linux box at home will e-mail me & my T608 within 5 minutes. That doesn't make me a geek does it?
  12. #132  
    Nah...
  13. #133  
    Was just told that my order is "Still Processing" - of course that doesn't mean that it hasn't shipped and they just haven't been able to update their systems... (crossing fingers...)
  14. #134  
    Quote Originally Posted by 4spammers
    If it helps, here's how I finally got a tracking number:
    • I called 800-480-4727,
    • skipped "2" for spanish,
    • pressed "1" for sprintpcs,
    • pressed "3" to purchase products or services,
    • pressed "2" to check status of an order.
    nice cheat sheet! just got my tracking number too. also not in the UPS tracking system yet, but man is it encouraging. i suspect it'll be in UPS system later tonight, and knowing UPS, it'll show up here at 6:30pm, giving me thirty minutes to jet up to the local sprint store and return my 600, on the last day of the 14 day try-it period.

    this is exciting!
    Paul Theodoropoulos
    <a href=http://www.anastrophe.com>www.anastrophe.com</a>
  15. SSM
    SSM is offline
    SSM's Avatar
    Posts
    24 Posts
    #135  
    Ok, I think I have figured out what is going on for new customers....

    This is purely speculation through logic so take it for what that is worth...

    I called and ordered a new 650 through the 4727# and was sold a unit. I asked the rep for an order number (not a tracking number an internal order number) which she refused to give me. When I called the 1315# to inquire about the $30 rebate, the order was never processed and apparently it was for a treo 600 (so they say). The rep told me it would'n be until tomorrow that new customers could order one.

    So what I think is going on is that the folks at the 4727# are entering the orders but not processing them until tomorrow (so they don't go against policy) and so that they don't loose the sale (I assume they are on commission). This is only a theory, but it seems to fit the evidence
  16. #136  
    Quote Originally Posted by Argelius
    I called was was told the phone isn't available to order until tomorrow morning....

    ; (
    Call back and you'll get someone different who will complete the order. But they wouldn't give me $150 "upgrade discount" because I've only had my T600 for 12 months and the discount applies to 18 months of ownership. Didn't order it due to no discount but could have. Still working on them....
  17. #137  
    Just ordered mine from 888-253-1315 ... The guy had to check to see if it was available, then had to check again to see if I was eligible for the rebate. After awhile he said I was and I placed my order. I asked specifically if the rebate form was out of stock and would delay my order, he said he hadn't heard anything about it. He went away for awhile and came back and said the manager on the floor hadn't either ... so we'll see. He also said "Does this phone walk and talk? We've had over 1,000 orders for this phone today."

    I'll call back later and see where I'm at!

    I've had a 600 since the first week they were available last year ... is there any chance we'll all be getting our rebate form only to have them be denied because we haven't had the handset for 18 months?
  18. #138  
    Quote Originally Posted by sfbay20
    Just ordered mine from 888-253-1315 ... The guy had to check to see if it was available, then had to check again to see if I was eligible for the rebate. After awhile he said I was and I placed my order. I asked specifically if the rebate form was out of stock and would delay my order, he said he hadn't heard anything about it. He went away for awhile and came back and said the manager on the floor hadn't either ... so we'll see. He also said "Does this phone walk and talk? We've had over 1,000 orders for this phone today."

    I'll call back later and see where I'm at!

    I've had a 600 since the first week they were available last year ... is there any chance we'll all be getting our rebate form only to have them be denied because we haven't had the handset for 18 months?

    Sprint will give you the $150 rebate. IN MAY 2005! That's what I was told by 2 reps and 1 supervisor when I placed my order today. I bought the T600 the first day it was available October of last year.
  19. #139  
    Has anyone check their credit card? My card already shows

    11/17/2004 TEMP SPRINTPCS CUSTCAREPMT - OVERLAND PARK $652.02

    Although it might just be a temporary transaction so Sprint can verify that my card works.

    But hopefully it's the indication that it's already in the prcoess of shipping it out
    Last edited by dliao; 11/17/2004 at 06:00 PM.
  20. #140  
    7 PM Eastern Time - just ordered, was told that less than 100 remain.
    Use the 888-253-1315 , Accessories (Option 3).
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast

Posting Permissions