Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by anastrophe
    This is great watching this unfold!

next up, winner of "The first posted UPS tracking number", followed by "The first posted photo of Treo 650 in hand".

of course, i'm wondering if it'll be possible to take a photo of the 650 with itself - there's that little mention on the palm one site on the 'details' page of:

Self-portrait mirror

hmmmm.....
    I want to see the front and back. So... Put a mirror behind you and a mirror in front. Hold camera out to side. Make sure we get a good enough view of front and back and take picture.

No wardrobe malfunctions please....
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
    I placed my order this morning. I called back to get a tracking number and the rep told me that the $150 rebate form was on b/o and holding up my phone from being shipped. The rep then separated the rebate form from the phone so it could be released. Now my phone won't be shipped until tommorrow for Friday delivery. Crapola.

Whoever placed their order through telesales might want to check the status and/or try to get a tracking # just to be on the safe side.
    Well, I just called and ordered an upgrade from my Treo 600 to a new 650 over the phone. It is supposed to arrive in 2-3 days. I could have paid for overnight shipping, but wasn't in such a rush.

-Make sure you give them your billing zip code when they ask for a zip code. They made things a little hard on me when I gave them my actual residential zip code. Their process is a little strange.
    -The rebate of $150 for Sprint customers of 18 months or more is only provided after the new phone has been activated for 30 days.

-Carl
    -Carl Gundel, author of Liberty BASIC
    http://www.libertybasic.com
    Quote Originally Posted by mahoman
    I placed my order this morning. I called back to get a tracking number and the rep told me that the $150 rebate form was on b/o and holding up my phone from being shipped. The rep then separated the rebate form from the phone so it could be released. Now my phone won't be shipped until tommorrow for Friday delivery. Crapola.

Whoever placed their order through telesales might want to check the status and/or try to get a tracking # just to be on the safe side.

This is exactly what was holding my order up, so give them a call ASAP to get it by friday!!!
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    Listen to mahoman here. I'm dealing with the same thing right now. The 150 dollar rebate I don't even qualify for is holding my order up..... Check your orders!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorick
    This is exactly what was holding my order up, so give them a call ASAP to get it by friday!!!

I was about to announce that.
  7. SSM
    The rep offered it to me automatically, total bill was $450 or so, it was for a new customer activation, included free shipping (which they quoted as 2 to 3 days because of possible warehouse delays - she advised it was to cover themselves in case of a delay)
    Quote Originally Posted by SSM
    The rep offered it to me automatically, total bill was $450 or so, it was for a new customer activation, included free shipping (which they quoted as 2 to 3 days because of possible warehouse delays - she advised it was to cover themselves in case of a delay)

Ahh..... New customer. Oh well - I have been with Sprint/Treo since the 300, so I don't get that little perk. But, the phone is worth it. BTW - did you guys know that Sprint is giving $2 (not alot, but hey anything helps) off your next invoice is you just sign onto http://www.sprintpcs.com/pages/mypcsOffer1.html
    and sign in.

I guess I have bad breath. I called telesales and was told it's not available for shipping "but should be this week."

They took my phone number and said they will call me back.

Just like what happens to me at bars, then I never get the call.

Maybe I should floss more.
    Quote Originally Posted by SSM

Same here. Got the $150 rebate as a new customer. Now all I need is a tracking #.
    Well just got off the phone with Sprint (888-253-1315), the sales rep took my order for a T650. Confirmed that they were in stock and shipping, although not in the system yet, hence would not have a confirmation number until tomorrow morning. The part that blew me away, the price.. $419.99 (the 599.99 less $180!).. Beats me as to why, but I'm not complaining..

Promised delievry by Friday, but I'm betting on Monday..
  12. SSM
    This was actually my 5th call to Sprint, first 4 were to the 888-253-1315 number where I was told new customers could not purchase one until Friday. Then I saw on a post here to try the 800-480-4727 number and I was able to order, got my instant rebate and express shipping, so try calling the 4727 # and order one....SSM
  13. SSM
    THe extra $30 is a "Web Rebate" I was told would not be available until Friday!!!!!! I'm calling back, that is B$
    I wonder how many new customers Sprint will get being the first with the 650, especially from Treo 600 users of other carriers. Looks like their exclusive contract (or whatever arrangement) may pay off.
    Global Posts
    746 Global Posts
    I got mine for 599.99 no shipping or tax cost AND he gave me $10 vision. He gave me a confirmation number ASI request all while I was on the phone with him. The guy I talked to was the BEST Sprint employee I have ever spoke with. I will be calling to report him to Sprint!

Lonzo

P.S. Bestbuy told me they will absolutely not carry the phone, so they are giving me a refund for my 600.
    I just called back and still haven't gotten my tracking number, despite the fact that I ordered about 5 hours ago.

Looks like I'm not getting it tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by VeryTall
    Well just got off the phone with Sprint (888-253-1315), the sales rep took my order for a T650. Confirmed that they were in stock and shipping, although not in the system yet, hence would not have a confirmation number until tomorrow morning. The part that blew me away, the price.. $419.99 (the 599.99 less $180!).. Beats me as to why, but I'm not complaining..

Promised delievry by Friday, but I'm betting on Monday..

The $419.99 price is for the Treo 600. You better call back and confirm which phone you ordered.
    I was so tempted.... Dialed the 4727 number just to see if it is indeed true. Well, IT IS!!! They wanted to ship me a 650 for $599.99 in 2 to 3 days. God help me but I didn't do it. I was so close to saying yes yes yes yes yes yes. <big sigh> but no discount, no 650 for me. I have never paid full price on any Treo. I like the feeling of getting a new toy but there will always be something new. Good luck to everyone that ordered. I'll be sitting this one out. I still remember 13 months ago with the 600 - it was so cool. Enjoy people!!!
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    OK, I just got an order number. Here's what you want to do:

1. Call Sprint Accessories (866) 343-1114.
    2. Tell the dude you want the 650. (You can cut to the chase and say "I'm a Treo geek" and he'll know what to do.
    3. It will cost $651.82.
    4. If you're eligible for the MAIL-IN upgrade rebate (which I am), subtract $150.
    5. Ships in "2-3 business days."
    6. Receive order number.

That was my experience about two minutes ago. I feel a little numb from spending 500 bucks but otherwise I'm OK.
    FYI, I ordered mine at about 1:30 central, got an order#, and just called back for the tracking#. According to the rep, the system said that the order was ready for pickup, but UPS hadn't picked it up, thus no tracking#. I should call back tomorrow. No indication of backorder or delay due to the rebate form, which I had also requested.