Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
    I spoke with Darcie in telesales. A doll and whom has sold several already today! She said they can't sell a $15 phone but can a $600 phone. Amazing.

Anyway, the number I used was 800-480-4727 sprint telesales.

Shipping couldn't be guaranteed overnight b/c it was getting late but should receive it no later than Friday.

Call shipping at 888-253-1315 for a tracking number after 7pm EST.
    TreoSaurus
    Quote Originally Posted by vetie
    I just ordered my 650 and told them that I'm NOT a current sprint customer and Jake said it was ok. He put my order in and said that I should receive it tomorrow but he could not "Guarantee" that it will be here tomorrow. I have an order number but no tracking # yet. He said that I could call back and get a tracking number. I'm gonna call back in about 2 hours and make sure my order was put in.
    I can only go by what Joan told me. If it's not true, that's good news for you. I get the impression, however, that you might not have a new 650 sitting on your doorstep tomorrow, since this issue has been repeated by several other posters who tried to sign up with a new Sprint account today. And there have been a few other posters who were told that overnight shipping was free (not true, although $5 for overnight shipping is practically free) and that they would have one tomorrow and then checked back later and got the dreaded "backordered" tag stuck on their order.

Just called Sprint, first rep I got, took the order, got FREE overnight shipping, but had to pay $4.99 for "Handling Charge".

Have confirmation number, and they said call back after 5pm EST tonight for tracking number.

P1 just got another order cancellation.
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoSaurus
    I spoke with Darcie in telesales. A doll and whom has sold several already today! She said they can't sell a $15 phone but can a $600 phone. Amazing.

Anyway, the number I used was 800-480-4727 sprint telesales.

Shipping couldn't be guaranteed overnight b/c it was getting late but should receive it no later than Friday.

Call shipping at 888-253-1315 for a tracking number after 7pm EST.
    Darcie sold me the phone too.
    I ordered at about noon central time, was given an order number and so forth. Was told to call back in a couple to three hours for a tracking number. Anyone gotten one yet?

YoungTurk
    Quote Originally Posted by dulan
    ANYONE TRIED THE STORES YET

Tried my local Sprint store in Montgomery, AL. as well as the Huntsville, AL store. Neither had the T650 in stock, and did not know when they would have it. Got home, checked the boards, found the number and ordered!
    Hey Young Turk, are you from Brownsville? You look like Dr. Z
    Quote Originally Posted by VodkaJerry10
    Hey Young Turk, are you from Brownsville? You look like Dr. Z
    I am in Brownsville and I'm Peter Zavaletta. One Dr. Z (Joe) is my father, the other (Joe Jr.) is my brother, and the third (Tony) is my first cousin.

YoungTurk
    Hey guys, my fiance lives in Brownsville and I am going to get married there next year!
    Yes, I took business law with your brother and would deliver city packets to your office for your father in my previous job. Guess we will be the first two to own a 650 in Brownsville!
    Who is your Fiance Sorick? PM me
    I ordered from sprint at 9:45am, canceled my palmone order at 9:50am. I called back just now and got my tracking number, but there is no tracking info from UPS yet. They said to check back after 5pm for tracking.
    Quote Originally Posted by VodkaJerry10
    Yes, I took business law with your brother and would deliver city packets to your office for your father in my previous job. Guess we will be the first two to own a 650 in Brownsville!
    Cool!
    This is great watching this unfold!

next up, winner of "The first posted UPS tracking number", followed by "The first posted photo of Treo 650 in hand".

of course, i'm wondering if it'll be possible to take a photo of the 650 with itself - there's that little mention on the palm one site on the 'details' page of:

Self-portrait mirror

hmmmm.....
    Paul Theodoropoulos
    <a href=http://www.anastrophe.com>www.anastrophe.com</a>
    I called was was told the phone isn't available to order until tomorrow morning....

; (
    Got my tracking number too.
    Upgrading from a Kyoc 6035, what plan do I ask for from Sprint?
    Other than faster delivery what is the difference between buying from Sprint and buying from Palm One today?
    If I wait until Friday will I get the $30 web discount?
    Does anyone know about any other discounts? Local Sprint store is across the street from Target, and the Sprint store salespeople told the employees they get a 10% discount on any purchase. Anyone confirm or refute this?

thanks
    Norrin
    well I don't know how everybody else is getting to place their orders. from what these reps are telling me. EVERYBODY that is ordering this phone today is paying 599 for it and could get the 150 mail in rebate later.
    I am an existing customer wanting to add an addl line. They will not sell me the phone. this seems WEIRD like SCIENCE.

first I thought they treated current customers better (ie. 18mo upgrades) then I thought they treated new customers better (ie. new accts & add'g an addl line but for today only it looks like people who don't have an account at all are going to deplete the supply before us other Sprinters can even get a chance to get our "Palm"s on some of the new booty. har har that shivers me timbers!!!!
    "I have to return some videotapes."
  19. SSM
    Ok, no more sulking, just ordered from 800-480-4727, got free overnight shipping, got $150 instant hardware rebate, and it's off to cancel my P1 order (sorry P1)....SSM
    Quote Originally Posted by SSM
    Ok, no more sulking, just ordered from 800-480-4727, got free overnight shipping, got $150 instant hardware rebate, and it's off to cancel my P1 order (sorry P1)....SSM

How did you qualify for the "instant rebate"? The rep I talked to said that I had to "get mine in the mail". ??
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast