Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    They ship from Kansas I believe... their headquarters.
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
    I just ordered mine and got the overnite shipping but had to ask for the overnite.

I HAD TO CALL TWICE AS THE FIRST GIRL HAD NO IDEA WHAT WAS GOING ON AND EVEN AFTER CHECKING WITH SUPERVISOR SAID NOT TILL NEXT WEEK.

I promptly called back and got a guy who was on the ball. Mine is coming overnite, I got the $150 off even though I just got my 600 last October(seems they go by phone number, not the phone purchase itself).

Say it with me brothers and sisters. Give me a great big ebay. EBAY!
    One more time, ebay. EBAY!
    Let's see even if I only get $200 on ebay, that's 600 - 200 - 150 = $250. Hey that's 199 less for the new one than the last one! Yee-Ha!

And for my freind Seldom Visitor who says "available" means being able to walk into a store and walk out with one...What, are you in the stone age or something.
    Who wants to physically have to go to a store, fight traffic, parking, crowds, ***** salespeople when you can order from your PC or phone, in your underwear, while drinking a beer and get it overnite, hand delivered by your own personal servant in a brown outfit?
    Scraps of paper>>Back of my hand>>Kyo 6035>>Treo 600>>Treo 650>>PPC6700(Sold on Fleabay)>>Treo 650>>Treo 700p>>Treo 755p and still thinking about an iPhone
    Man, all this action makes me wanna jump on the Telesales bandwagon, but hey, what about the free jabra headset from P1??? You guys willing to give that up??
    go.digital
    Why buy from Sprint when you can buy from Palmone and get a FREE $100 Bluetooth headset? For me, that is worth waiting a week/two.
    I just spoke with Debbie at Sprint. Had a delightful conversation, but she couldn't help me because I have an existing contract... and I don't want to add a new line of service. Rather, I want to put the new 650 into the slot of my existing 600 slot. To make a short story long... I spoke to 3 other organizations at Sprint that would fit my situation and hope for a discount -- the last was National Accounts (I have a Business Contract) and was told they can give me the $150 credit on my account, but the phones aren't in the warehouse.

Back to square one.
    Bill Petro
    www.billpetro.com
    New Question though. Do I still keep my order with Palmone since I'm getting the free headset? Will I be able to get my money back on ebay for a new unopened phone?

Will these questions and more be answered on this board?
    Scraps of paper>>Back of my hand>>Kyo 6035>>Treo 600>>Treo 650>>PPC6700(Sold on Fleabay)>>Treo 650>>Treo 700p>>Treo 755p and still thinking about an iPhone
    This is all so all-of-a-sudden that it makes me a bit worried whether the Treo 650 is actually shipping immediately or will it simply ship to us once they release it on Monday. Is it normal to expect such inconsistency between the tele-sales reps? I did, however, speak to my IBM rep, and she ordered one for me for overnight delivery, but until I receive a confirmation e-mail and tracking number I'm not convinced.
    Just ordered mine as well. Perfect timing. As someone else posted earlier, I just bought a 600 as my old phone died and the 650 wasn't available yet... I'm still within my 14 day return period though, woohoo!

I called 888-253-1315 to place my order (I'm honestly not even sure which # that is, just remember seeing it here in the forums somewhere - can anyone confirm who this is? direct sales? telesales? business?). I spoke with a nice gentleman named Brian who was very helpful and had no hesitation or question stating that the 650 is available for sale and is shipping today.

However, through whichever dept. it is that I called, they do not have the free overnight shipping available, or any overnight shipping at all. He stated that through their department, the best they could do was UPS 2-3day.

As an aside, anyone know how Dans Cellular is with returns? I don't think I'm going to be needing that Treo600 accessory pack I ordered the other day... =)
    Quote Originally Posted by speclcajun
    And for my freind Seldom Visitor who says "available" means being able to walk into a store and walk out with one...What, are you in the stone age or something.
    Who wants to physically have to go to a store, fight traffic, parking, crowds, ***** salespeople when you can order from your PC or phone, in your underwear, while drinking a beer and get it overnite, hand delivered by your own personal servant in a brown outfit?
    == "...As always with PalmOne, there is "available" and there is "available".
    == My personal definition of "available" as I have consistently used it here is:
    ==
    == == "Can walk into a store and walk out with one"
    ==
    == but I'll expand that to
    ==
    == == "Can order online and have it shipped from stock"
    ==
    == however long "shipping from stock" takes as long as it is FROM existing
    == inventory. And that doesn't mean some very small highly-limited number of
    == buyers can do that, but a LOT of buyers can do that..."

-- http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...&postcount=212
  10.    #50  
    I just spoke with Debbie at Sprint. Had a delightful conversation, but she couldn't help me because I have an existing contract... and I don't want to add a new line of service. Rather, I want to put the new 650 into the slot of my existing 600 slot. To make a short story long... I spoke to 3 other organizations at Sprint that would fit my situation and hope for a discount -- the last was National Accounts (I have a Business Contract) and was told they can give me the $150 credit on my account, but the phones aren't in the warehouse.
    That's ridiculous...or must just apply to Business customers. I'm an existing (personal...not business) customer and have not had by T608 for a year yet (since it came out 12/23/03). You need to talk to Carla.
  11.    #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by JesseRPI
    This is all so all-of-a-sudden that it makes me a bit worried whether the Treo 650 is actually shipping immediately or will it simply ship to us once they release it on Monday. Is it normal to expect such inconsistency between the tele-sales reps? I did, however, speak to my IBM rep, and she ordered one for me for overnight delivery, but until I receive a confirmation e-mail and tracking number I'm not convinced.
    Carla says "UPS 2-3 business days, could arrive tomorrow, but likely Friday."

Carla cannot tell a lie. George Washington and Spock ain't got nuthin' on Carla.
  12. SSM
    UGH! Unfortunately, I am not a current Sprint customer, and the reps are all telling me that the 650 is available only to upgrading customers. She did tell me that on Friday of this week, new customers will be able to order directly from Sprint and will receive an INSTANT $150 rebate (not service credit) on the phone PLUS another $30 "instant web rebate" if you mention it to the sales agent when you call......I guess I have to wait as I ordered mine from P1......darn you current Sprint customers!
    Ok here is what my situation is. Never owned a smartphone and I am looking at getting a TREO 650. My parents have been sprint customers for 4+years and I fall under their plan as an added phone. I have had the current phone for 2+ years. What will I be paying for a new treo 650 from sprint? I also am looking at getting my own account because I am moving out on my own shortly. Which would be the best option to do at this point in getting a 650? and what will i be paying?
    I called Telesales about 2 hours ago and mine is one the way via overnight shipping from Kansas. Apparently whether you get yours or not (or if you're told "it's not available yet" or not) depends on who you talk to. Joan hooked me up and changed my plans in a half hour, and I should have 650 goodness by the time I get home from work tomorrow.

And to clarify the oft-debated topic about whether or not you'll get the $150 rebate if you've simply swapped ESNs in the past 18 months, YES YOU WILL. My 600 isn't even 6 months old, I purchased it thru Amazon and swapped the ESNs, and it never became a debate as to whether or not the rebate would apply to me. So don't worry about that. And if the rep tells you that you're not eligible, either call back and get another rep, or get a supervisor on the phone, because you're eligible for the rebate.

And I don't know if this was offered to me 'cause I bought an expensive new phone or 'cause I changed plans, but the Telesales rep I spoke to knocked 5% off my monthly bill and gave me 2 months of free voice dialing at the end of the phone call. I didn't ask for that, but it was a nice benefit. I guess since I wasn't on a contract and signed a new 2 year agreement that they wanted to throw me some sort of bone. 5% isn't much, but it'll pay for the monthly replacement fee.
    Oh, and I was also told that today's 650 sale is for existing customers only, new Sprint customers are not allowed to place orders for 650s today. She said that was the first time since she's been working there that Sprint has ever done that, but apparently Sprint is on a new customer-centric push.

Maybe it's just so that the existing customers like myself get the buggy, first-gen 650s, while the new customers get the second-gen version where some of the bugs have been worked out.
    Yes - Got it when I ordered the phone.
  17. MDK
    So is there literally a one-day existing-cutomer sale happening? Should I call in then? I'm a Business customer. Which number(of the many published)?

Thanks.

Gotta love TC!!!
    you know what's weird? when i bought my treo 600 in the local sprint store on november 5th - at full price of $599.99, with tax it came to a grand total of $644.99. having just bought the treo 650 over the phone a couple of hours ago, at full rate, with "free overnight shipping" plus tax, the total pending charges on my card are $651.31.

hmmm. i think sprint may have some curious ideas about just exactly what "free overnight shipping" really is...
    Last edited by anastrophe; 11/17/2004 at 01:25 PM. Reason: typo!
    Paul Theodoropoulos
    <a href=http://www.anastrophe.com>www.anastrophe.com</a>
    what is everyone paying for this phone? 450?
    I ordered mine about 2 hours ago and overnight shipping is $7.95. The rep said there were 2 shipping options, overnight and another. I stopped him before he gave me the 2nd option and said I want it overnight. At the end I asked him, "Will I get it tomorrow" and he said yes.

I got an order number but no tracking number. If I call back will they be able to give me a tracking number?
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast