1.    #1  
    A lady at an Orange shop in Zurich just told me that they will start selling the T650 in January. She even knew a few things about the T650 (like better screen, bluetooth, small keyboard in comparison to SPV M2000), which means quite a lot.

I cannot imagine Orange will sell the T650 only in Switzerland, so I guess eventually all "Orange countries" will get it.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” (Philip K. ****)
    I certainly hope they will Claudio, I'm getting a bit envious of these damn yankees picking up their new 650's shortly !!
  3. sam
    as I said: orange can't keep their finger of it! so all the gsm version user in europ (including switzerland) have to wait again for a half year!
    Yep. Orange CH will be stocking the 650 "early next year".

And don't worry MurrayAlex... although I'm not opting for a 650, I wouldn't feel stressed waiting for GSM over CDMA
    www.gsmworld.com
    Quote Originally Posted by murrayalex
    I certainly hope they will Claudio, I'm getting a bit envious of these damn yankees picking up their new 650's shortly !!
    thats excatly how i feel
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
  6. sam
    I can wait as well...there is only one thing to say: plamone's buisiness would run much better, if they would open the market for all customer at the beginnig. specially in switzerland: people are quiet interested in pda like the treo... sam
  7. cfx
    Quote Originally Posted by sam
    I can wait as well...there is only one thing to say: plamone's buisiness would run much better, if they would open the market for all customer at the beginnig. specially in switzerland: people are quiet interested in pda like the treo... sam
    Exactly, so i dont really get it why it's always orange thats getting all the new treos first. it was the same thing with the t600
    is it a fact that the simlock free treo 650 will not be available in Switzerland until mid 2005?
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by murrayalex
    Quote Originally Posted by PRANKSTAR
    thats excatly how i feel
    Assuming Orange Switzerland starts selling the GSM T650 version first, I could imagine a new business opportunity...
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” (Philip K. ****)
    I for one am grateful for these "damn yankees". Without the quantities they sell over in the U.S. I think our Euro treo users would be an endangered species. Sure I would like my 650 sooner, but hey I've got my 600!
    Lets hope thats Orange U.K. as well as Orange Switzerland stocks them. If not, what is the exchange rate?..........
    Exchange rate is very much in favour of the GBP and EUR :-D The USD is as weak as Budweiser :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Treobloke
    I for one am grateful for these "damn yankees". Without the quantities they sell over in the U.S. I think our Euro treo users would be an endangered species. Sure I would like my 650 sooner, but hey I've got my 600!
    Lets hope thats Orange U.K. as well as Orange Switzerland stocks them. If not, what is the exchange rate?..........
    good point...I'd like mine sooner rather than later as my battery is playing up and I think I'll be lucky to get past December with a fully operational 600
    Thanks. Very much a last resort buying from another country, It was bad enough getting the 600 set up from Orange and they were supposedly "supporting " the phone.
    Still better an imported Treo 650 than no Treo! However like everone else wanting the G.S.M. version I"ll have to wait. It's supposed to build character......
    I had trouble with my battery for a while. I found that charging it every night and keeping the charge high seemed to improve it's performance somehow.
    However, after doing the "buzzing" upgrade I feel confident enough to try the battery replacement if required. Hoping the new model arrives before this is necessary. Orange U.K. were very quick last time in getting supplies.
  14. cfx
    A lady at the swisscom shop in Zürich (Globus) was telling me that the treo 650 will be available in january. Hopefully its gonna be simlock free like the t600.