1.    #1  
    My Treo 270 suddenly died in my pocket. I've tried all kinds of resets and none have worked, even battery disconnect reset. Weird thing though, it works when it's plugged in a USB port or charger with the battery disconnected. However, when the battery is connected, the screen turns off and nothing works until I disconnect the battery again (while still plugged into the charger). Can anyone help me with this please?
    You either have a defective battery charger circuit (internal not the block) or bad battery.

If the charger or battery is defective you need to have it repaired or exhanged if you still have warantee. If you don't have warrantee, you can try to open it up and replace the battery. Please search for the battery replacement, I don't remember the site. The site details how to process.
    Quote Originally Posted by merlin002
    My Treo 270 suddenly died in my pocket. I've tried all kinds of resets and none have worked, even battery disconnect reset. Weird thing though, it works when it's plugged in a USB port or charger with the battery disconnected. However, when the battery is connected, the screen turns off and nothing works until I disconnect the battery again (while still plugged into the charger). Can anyone help me with this please?
    I've PM'd you...
    www.gsmworld.com
    This issue occurs when your battery circuitry is not functioning well. You may be able to fix its circuitry through an in-cradle reset. This reset is very helpful if you’re smartphone's battery is not functioning well or if it turns off as soon as you turn it on.

Here’s what you need to do:

The charger can be any type of cradle or cable that charges your device. The important bit is to make sure the power adapter is plugged in and supplying power to your device during the reset.

1. Connect your device securely to its charging cradle or cable, and connect the cradle/cable to a power source.
    2. Use an unfolded paper clip, or the reset tool at the tip of your stylus.
    3. Gently press the reset button inside the hole on the back panel of your device.
    4. All data on your device should be retained. If you do lose data after a soft reset, you may have a more serious issue with your hardware that requires a repair.
    5. After a soft reset, the Welcome screen appears, followed shortly by the General Preferences screen (to set time and date).