Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    This is quoted from an email i received this morning at about 6:45. names have been erased to protect the innocent.

The 650 officially launched at Sprint and becomes available first thing this morning. The price is $599.99. How many do you need, and please specify if it is being ported from another carrier, swapped out with another phone for an existing number with Sprint on your corporate account, or is getting a completely new phone number.

Your account receives a $150 credit for new numbers or numbers ported from another carrier.

Please call if you need to discuss.
    ----

I don't see the 650 on their website yet, but i do see a new blackberry 7750...

For those who are skeptical, i can PM the headers to verify that it came from a sprint business rep. i dont know if they are allowing business channels to ship first and then personal or what have you, but i hope to have shipping confirmation later today or tomorrow.

i only ordered 6, so there should be enough for the rest of you all to feast on
    Last edited by Kenundrum; 11/17/2004 at 07:06 AM. Reason: accurate time of email
    Treo 800w 8/08
    Nokia N800
    previously: Treo 700wx 12/06, Sprint 6700 3/06; Treo 650 11/04; Treo 600 1/04 (gone); Samsung i500 (gone); Hitachi G1000 11/03 (gone); Nokia 7110 5/00(best phone ever)
    I called and you are correct. They are available.
    I just called the 1-888-253-1315 sales number and was told that it wasn't available yet, but it should be sometime this week. Guess I'll have to check again tomorrow.
    Just business is available it sounds like. But still nothing for us regular non-mutants
    Yes, I see both the blackberry and the 6601 on the business site, but not the regular SPCS site. I guess that means you can order them from teleservices, but the local stores don't have them yet. I'm truly caught between the 650, 7750 and 6601, and I don't feel I can make a decision until I can play with each.

Maybe next month...
    KitMoni
    So do I wait for my PalmOne order, which will ship on 11/22, or do I take Sprint up on a new business order?

Free headset......or get the phone now.......Hmmmmmmmmm?

They are taking orders now!!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple xXx
    So do I wait for my PalmOne order, which will ship on 11/22, or do I take Sprint up on a new business order?

Free headset......or get the phone now.......Hmmmmmmmmm?

They are taking orders now!!!!!!!!
    Are you a business? I don't believe that business users can get the same discounts (for instance, the $150 new customer credit) that regular users get unless they have a Federal Business ID number. If you are planning on buying at the full $599 price, then it might be wohwhile. But not for new users or users looking for discounts.
    I am going with the best screen. My poor old eyes need it. Its time to give up my Samsung i500. http://www.emotipad.com/newemoticons/MobilePhone.gif
    Called up to telesales 888-253-1315 and he said it was available to ship as of this morning, but not available in stores yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by DaleReeck
    Are you a business? I don't believe that business users can get the same discounts (for instance, the $150 new customer credit) that regular users get unless they have a Federal Business ID number. If you are planning on buying at the full $599 price, then it might be wohwhile. But not for new users or users looking for discounts.
    Hmmmmmm.....Yes I have an EIN# number.

It will be a new activation so I hope that I do get the $150.....

Sprint is shipping now! PalmOne will not begin to ship until next week. BUT I can get the free headset AND the $150 discount.......at least I hope.
    Quote Originally Posted by albertb
    Called up to telesales 888-253-1315 and he said it was available to ship as of this morning, but not available in stores yet.
    I was told it wasn't available yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by DaleReeck
    I was told it wasn't available yet.
    That number is REGULAR customer sevice! You must call the business number.
    That number is REGULAR customer sevice! You must call the business number.
    Yes, I know. But the guy I replied to said he called the regular sales number and he was told it is shipping.

You know, I don't mind waiting. If there is a ship date, it will ship on that date and we will just have to wait. But I do mind that no one knows anything on when these things are shipping. It is ridiculous that you can talk to ten different people over at Sprint or Palm One and you get ten different answers. Why is the ship date classified for? You could get plans for a nuclear weapon on the web easier than we can find a ship date for the 650.
    what is the biz number, i have called off the site and getting nowhere fast!
    The shipping date being this secure is actually very impressive from a company standpoint. Sprint does not want to release a date incase they need to flash the phones or incase they find something wrong with the final shipment of phones to them from Palm. Palm does not want to give a date because they ultimately have no control over the ship date. If Palm said, "oh yeah we shipped those to Sprint 4 weeks ago", how would Sprint look to the consumer? Everyone has to play stupid for everything to work nicely for every company. Unfortunately, it leaves a few of us out here in the fog waiting to see the light. I mean everyone here says that they owe us a ship date. We are maybe 2% of the total sales on this phone. They will sell over a million of these. They are not to worried about the few treonauts out here being impatient.

"Age is only a number society has inflicted upon us to number our days on Earth."
    ~Stephen Todd
    PalmOne will not begin to ship until next week. BUT I can get the free headset AND the $150 discount.......at least I hope.
    PalmOne is shipping all models, or just CDMA Sprint models next week?
    Also, what is the return policy if I wanted to "try" out a Sprint phone for a few weeks to check on reception and such?
  17.    #17  
    888-788-4727 is the business line
    Treo 800w 8/08
    Nokia N800
    previously: Treo 700wx 12/06, Sprint 6700 3/06; Treo 650 11/04; Treo 600 1/04 (gone); Samsung i500 (gone); Hitachi G1000 11/03 (gone); Nokia 7110 5/00(best phone ever)
    I'm ordering one right now (on the phone as I type this) from Telesales!

She just said "Congratulations! You're one of the first to order this phone. It *just* went on sale." then said "This is one popular little phone."

Comes in 2-3 business days via UPS!
    Done! It's on its way!!!! WOOHOO!
    Mine is ordered too! Next business morning delivery. I have the confirmation number and the tracking number!
    "I want to meet the guy that invented beer and see what he's working on now"
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast