1.    #1  
    Do you guys think the treo 650 can handle SNES emulation ok? Is this possible with its new resolution and upgraded processor?
    I always thought that the Gameboy advance was a bit more powerful then a SNES, so if it can run a GBA emulator it can run a snes??

Dunno about, I could see how I could be wrong.
    There's a SNES emulator for the Zodiac called Little John Z. Right above the May 25 notes he mentions switching to standard Palm OS 5, but that may not have happened since the issue with TapWave seems to be resolved.

Since the emulator is GPL, it's possible that someone else could do it if he will not.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by GregV
    There's a SNES emulator for the Zodiac called Little John Z. Right above the May 25 notes he mentions switching to standard Palm OS 5, but that may not have happened since the issue with TapWave seems to be resolved.

Since the emulator is GPL, it's possible that someone else could do it if he will not.
    Has anyone tested any snes emulators on any palm device yet? And how did it run?
    I figured if it worked fine on a zire 72 or something that it should almost be the same for the 650.
    man i hope this works well then i can play some of those classics again
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by PRANKSTAR
    man i hope this works well then i can play some of those classics again

Me too.
    I suprised nobody has tried it on other plams with similiar processors yet.
    [QUOTE=GregV]There's a SNES emulator for the Zodiac called Little John Z.....QUOTE]

YAEH!!! OKAY!!

Sorry. I couldn't help myself
    Quote Originally Posted by Yautja_cetanu
    I always thought that the Gameboy advance was a bit more powerful then a SNES, so if it can run a GBA emulator it can run a snes??

Dunno about, I could see how I could be wrong.
    Gameboy advance is not powerful enough to run SNES emulation, except for a few specific heavily modified games. However, some people overclocked GBA CPU to be able to run SNES emulation with mixed results.
  9.    #9  
    Hmmm. Any success on palm units yet?
  10.    #10  
    The thing with the 650 is the button layout and the 5 way direction makes emulation games a delight.