1. OJM
    Attended the Treo Roadshow today in NYC (2PM). Jus tried to buy the 650 via viennachannels.com and the order page won't load. I can still get to the FAQ page, etc. Just not the order page - is the party over? Can one of you with "Jeff's" email send him a quick message and ask what is up?
    OJMBrooklyn

SPHi300>T300>T600>T650>PPC6700>700WX
    I just placed an order using the URL from the coupon and it worked fine: http://www.viennachannels.com/palmoneevents/
    I placed an order this afternoon and immediately mailed Jeff Mariangel (hasn't he become a household name here!!) asking about shipping dates. I ordered a Sprint 650. His response was that should be ready to ship within 2-4 weeks. They are currently waiting for units.
  4. OJM
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg

Tried these links but the field for the credit card information won't accept more than 5 characters - are you sure these links worked for you? They are not the links from the Roadshow flyer.
    OJMBrooklyn

those are the Purchase and Demo links that are from the URL on the flyer.
  6. OJM
    Huh - my flyer only his the one link (shown in my original message above).
    OJMBrooklyn

Quote Originally Posted by OJM
    Huh - my flyer only his the one link (shown in my original message above).

Thats right you go to www.viennachannels.com/palmoneevents then you click on "purchase" or "demo" the links I gave you are just the end result of the option you choose.
    don't use firefox...it doesn't load on fox for me
    yep it doesn't, not surprisingly because they used MS Frontpage to create it

But if you copy and paste the link that shows up in Firefox on the page, you get taken to the correct place (URLs listed above)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Yeah, it doesn't work for me using FireFox either...oh, well. I like the browser otherwise...
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver5
    Yeah, it doesn't work for me using FireFox either...oh, well. I like the browser otherwise...
    That's not the browser's fault -- it doesn't work in Opera, either. Of course, it does work if you use:

https://www.viennachannels.com/homepage.php?P=events

instead of just:

http://www.viennachannels.com/palmoneevents
    In favor of goofy names: MyTreo.net.
  13. OJM
    Quote Originally Posted by Basl
    don't use firefox...it doesn't load on fox for me

Man - I thought I was going crazy. Shocked that Firefox won't load that page!
    OJMBrooklyn

Quote Originally Posted by OJM
    Shocked that Firefox won't load that page!
    FireFox cannot handle a lot of stuff. For example, go here:

-- http://www.dynamicdrive.com

and just surf around trying the demos - you'll find that plenty - usually marked "IE 5+" or something - don't work.

Note - this is not saying anything against FireFox, BTW, but simply shows that incompatabilities exist when one does not follow standards.

uSoft is not known for keeping to standards...
  15. OJM
    THanks for the Firefox hint. Now on to the problem I mentioned above - the Vienna Channels site won't allow me to type more than 5 characters in the credit card information fields! THe name and address fields work fine but not the CC fields. Very odd. I sent Jeff an email asking for instructions on how to place an order. Anyone else have this problem?
    OJMBrooklyn