Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hi all,

Nutshell has recently matched belt cases for the Treo 650 and the Tungsten T5.

Treo 650
    Tungsten T5

These have our usual safety and security features; one piece steel belt clip or multi-way loop,
    pick-pocket-proof tabtop or pouch as well as other options, including color choice.

Best regards,
    Ian @ Nutshell
    "When you least expect it...always expect the unexpected."
    I just hope the case will match with the Treo 650 since its just new to the market and this product just came out. Have you ever tested this with the new Treo? Or just with the Treo 600?
  3.    #3  
    We have tested our belt cases with both the Treo 650 and the Tungsten T5
    Ian @ Nutshell
    Tested after the design period? Or tested during the design period? I just wan't to make sure since the Treo 650 was just new in the Market and there you are, advertising the product saying that it would fit on Treo 650. Better be sure than paying for nothing.
  5.    #5  
    Thanks for your query.

The Treo 650 and the Treo 600 share a very similar external shape and size.

palmOne reports that;
    The 600 measures at 4.4" x 2.4" x 0.9" (112 x 60 x 22mm)
    The 650 measures at 4.4" x 2.3" x 0.9" (113 x 59 x 23mm)

In addition we were able to source a 650 from a local telco to check its fit in our belt case.
    Ian @ Nutshell
    I am very much aware of the measurement difference between the Treo 650 and Treo 600, thats why I need to make sure since they differ a little with the size and the casing might go loose. Please, I need a YES or No answer. Was the casing tested during the design period?
    Treology, since you got dimensions instead of a straight answer to your question, it is highly conceivable, IMHO that the no testing was done at all. Suspicions make me think that someone got the bright idea to pass off a 600 case as a 650 and have us believe that it is an entirely NEW case for the 650.

This alone would cause me not to make this purchase. Besides, IMHO, their cases are ugly.
    ~ ScandaLous ~
  8.    #8  
    My apology for any confusion. To the best of my knowledge the unit we tested was a production unit. I guess that means NO it was not a pre-production model - and YES it was a production model.
    Ian @ Nutshell
    Any other photos of this case besides the ones you have on the website? I'm interested in a pouch case for my 650 and this may fit the bill but I wonder about conflicts with buttons (e.g. autoanswer by accident, etc.)
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Looks like they took the Treo600 case and scratched out the 600 and pasted 650. There may be an issue with key being press Inadvertently.
    Quote Originally Posted by scandalex
    Treology, since you got dimensions instead of a straight answer to your question, it is highly conceivable, IMHO that the no testing was done at all. Suspicions make me think that someone got the bright idea to pass off a 600 case as a 650 and have us believe that it is an entirely NEW case for the 650.

Scandalex, I strongly agree with your point. Better look for another product than waste my money and time.
    Why don't you guys try reading their posts before you jump the gun on your criticism. They didn't avoid the question or just give dimensions. If you think it's ugly or not your cup of tea, don't buy it. Just don't unfairly criticize because you glossed over their answer to your question.

Quote Originally Posted by nutshell
    In addition we were able to source a 650 from a local telco to check its fit in our belt case.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Treology
    I am very much aware of the measurement difference between the Treo 650 and Treo 600, thats why I need to make sure since they differ a little with the size and the casing might go loose. Please, I need a YES or No answer. Was the casing tested during the design period?
    Sheesh, it's just a pouch case. What is there to test?
    Despite some strong opinions on Nutshell, I went ahead and ordered one after researching other posts about these cases. I chose the crocodile brown pouch with no flap and steel belt clip. Out of all my choices, it seemed like the best one to fit my needs which is a vertical pouch case with a strong clip -- something I can slip the 650 in and out of with ease and that can hang from my belt or my jeans pocket.

IMV, it's a beautiful case and it came to my neck of the East Coast U.S. in 7 days from New Zealand, via postal mail on both ends. By contrast, I ordered an HBH-660 BT headset from Dan's Cellular on the same day and I still haven't received it! And he lives in the same state as me!!

I'm also glad to report that the case does not interfere with any buttons on the 650. For those who want to know, the case fits the 650 very well. I can pull the phone out and holster it back in like a gun. It's kinda fun actually. (I think someone else mentioned this in another post, but it's a good way to describe how you use this case)

The quality of the leather is great and the steel clip is strong.

Only negative for me is: The big red label they stitch to the side of the case. Not a fan.

One other item of note was Nutshell's customer service. I already mentioned shipping it quickly. The other positive experience I had was with ordering. Within 5 minutes of the order, I received my confirmation. And within an hour or so of that email, I got another email saying it was shipped.

I'll be sticking with this one for a while...or at least until the urge comes along again to get yet another case
    Quote Originally Posted by cortjestir
    ... something I can slip the 650 in and out of with ease and that can hang from my belt or my jeans pocket.

... I can pull the phone out and holster it back in like a gun. It's kinda fun actually. (I think someone else mentioned this in another post, but it's a good way to describe how you use this case)

Only negative for me is: The big red label they stitch to the side of the case. Not a fan.
    Thanks for the review, cort. I also like the model without the flap. It looks near perfect for me. I plan to just cut off the red label. Any other critiques of the design or fit?
    We have the pouch case in stock now (black only).

http://store.treocentral.com/content.../4-25--147.htm
    No other real critiques. I'm very happy with the case thus far. Here are some pics for those interested:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I hate the thought of wearing the 650 on my belt with no way to protect the screen. Does this case offer any screen protection (i.e. is there anything rigid between the leather and the lining)?
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
    Their website mentions a protective sewn-in lining, but it doesn't feel like there is one. IMV though, the leather and inner suede lining together is thick enough to withstand most major jabs and other pressure. Another option: With the steel clip version, you could have the screen face inwards towards the back and have some extra protection as the steel clip itself seems to be attached to a plate that is sewn into the back of the case. This plate is wider than the clip itself and covers most, if not, all the screen.

EDIT: Actually, on closer inspection, the plate is just as wide as the clip. However, when I squeeze the back of the case, I can feel some extra rigidity that is not there on the front of the case. Could this be the extra sewn-in screen protector mentioned on the website? If so, then this case is made to be used with the 650 facing inwards. Just a thought...

Either way, I'm still a fan.
    Last edited by cortjestir; 12/20/2004 at 02:43 PM.
    cort - Thanks for the extra pics and comments. When removing the whole thing from your belt, does the clip have any potential to snap back hard enough to crack the screen?

I will definitely take an exacto knife to that tag.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast