1.    #1  
    at least the 650 exists in some basic form already on P1's asian websites:

http://www.palmone.com/th/products/s...50/notify.html

just a few weeks away
    Nice one mate. Bit of a shame to have wait till the new year however . Oh well been waiting for about 6 months anyway and it will finally be nice to get our hands on it .
    Cheers
    BBKBAZ
    I hope they mean January! I'm dying over here!!!
  4.    #4  
    in hkg they give a goodie with the 600 - special offer ends end of the year. so perhaps the 650 is really around the corner with the new year ...

http://www.palmone.com/hk/ie/product...ons/bonusm500/
    The 650 has already been on sale in Hong Kong for $8500 HKD since early November.
    Some of the large distributors here claim that the official version 650 will be launched sometime in the first quarter 2-3 months after the US launch. IMO the longer they delay the more customers they lose to Sony or O2. The new XDA seems to be very popular this year end.
  6.    #6  
    who sells the 650 in hkg? must be gsm ... can pm me bongmaster ...
    Quote Originally Posted by bongmaster
    The 650 has already been on sale in Hong Kong for $8500 HKD since early November.
    Some of the large distributors here claim that the official version 650 will be launched sometime in the first quarter 2-3 months after the US launch. IMO the longer they delay the more customers they lose to Sony or O2. The new XDA seems to be very popular this year end.
    WHAT??? That's the first i've heard of that. Any way to order online?
    And is it GSM or CDMA? Locked or unlocked?
    Bongmaster how the hell have you kept this quiet!! PM all of us on this thread. Can you confirm it is GSM?

I am about to lose the plot as just morning my touch screen on the T I am using gave up the ghost so am left with a device that is basically only able to be used using the hard buttons - address, calender etc - ARRRGGGGGHHHHH.

This is going to make the run Jan almost unbearable
  9.    #9  
    bongmaster had some information in the past that were not too true. better forget about his comment.
    I have to say that it's the first I've heard of it. I've seen a lot of O2 XDA IIs', and the Nokia 9500 Communicator, but not the Treo 650. A couple of shops have dropped the price on the Treo 600, indicating that they're trying to clear the stock before the 650 arrives, but I have yet to see a Treo 650 itself.
    I live in HK and I've never seen or heard of anything about the 650 being on sale here. Not in the big chainstores nor in the small shops (selling parallel import stuffs) in the computer arcades. Sorry to say, I think its bogus.
    Nothing is permanent except change
    Quote Originally Posted by beelzebueb
    bongmaster had some information in the past that were not too true. better forget about his comment.
    Uh huh - like this, eh?:

== "...I was at a popular mall today here in Hong Kong and
    == one of the shop had 650's selling at HK$7500 which is close
    == to US$1000. He had the physical GSM unit on display. The
    == store manager claimed that he got some units through a
    == contact in Taiwan..."

-- http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...0&postcount=39

Let me guess - his eyes don't work?
    Quote Originally Posted by SeldomVisitor
    Uh huh - like this, eh?:

== "...I was at a popular mall today here in Hong Kong and
    == one of the shop had 650's selling at HK$7500 which is close
    == to US$1000. He had the physical GSM unit on display. The
    == store manager claimed that he got some units through a
    == contact in Taiwan..."

-- http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...0&postcount=39

Let me guess - his eyes don't work?
    - yeah..that must be of real relevance to you living in Asia eh ? Or is it the UK or Switzerland since you were on threads there posting too...you must get around
    now where is bongmaster?
    Well evenpar must not get around too much.
    Ever hear of the local phone malls in the Mongkok area. Perhaps if you knew the right places you would not be posting.

Beez..HK info might not be relevant to someone living in Thailand. The markets are different and the spending power of the Thais is nothing compared to Americans, Chinese or even the Taiwanese markets.
  16.    #16  
    bongbongbongmaster - two people from hkg were posting, havent seen anything - just let as know where they sell it and I believe you
    Beel
    >>I believe you<<
    Honestly I couldn't give a flying f**k if you beleive me or not
    I have no intention of buying some parallel grey market overpriced crap. If I were really soo desperate as you seem to be to get hold of a 650..I would rather fly back home to the States and buy it there. I am in no hurry and can wait 3-4 months or maybe less for the legit HK version.

FYI I ordered a 600 last year end on Ebay and I had loads problems with it. I finally tossed it in the trash and bought the HK release this June.

If you have the money and the contacts here in HK you can get buy anything or anyone you want.
    If you have the money and the contacts here in HK you can get buy anything or anyone you want.
    Yup yup yup (applies to most anywhere but especially Southeast Asia).
    I'm in HK too & whilst I haven't seen any 650s in HK yet, I know from experience with Handspring that there is a strong connection between them & a Dist in Taiwan & I wouldn't be suprised to see a few turn up in HK.

The Palm office here has some eval units but not for sale...yet