Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Hello all,
    I got my T600 last October when it first came out, and have enjoyed it overall. The T650's additional features are very attractive, so I'd like to upgrade when it comes out. However, since I started a new contract with Sprint a year ago, and it was revised a few months ago (thus restarting the 2 yr clock), I'm wondering how any Sprint T600s owners can take advantage of the upgrade discounts. Many of us are way under the 18 months time period for being eligible for the new equipment upgrade rebate, right?

Any insights would be appreciated.
    What rebate is that? Do you mean the $75 trade-in?
    Spoke to Sprint and any current customers will only get a max of $150 for locking in for another 2 years.
    would it be possible for you to "break" your 600 and want a 650 in its stead? they will charge your account for the new phone, then when you return the old one they credit you what you paid for the phone...
    Treo 800w 8/08
    Nokia N800
    previously: Treo 700wx 12/06, Sprint 6700 3/06; Treo 650 11/04; Treo 600 1/04 (gone); Samsung i500 (gone); Hitachi G1000 11/03 (gone); Nokia 7110 5/00(best phone ever)
    Quote Originally Posted by tarkwolf
    Spoke to Sprint and any current customers will only get a max of $150 for locking in for another 2 years.
    Just to be clear, are u saying that Sprint gives your $150 off if you renew your contract if you are current customer?
    Quote Originally Posted by 5150
    Just to be clear, are u saying that Sprint gives your $150 off if you renew your contract if you are current customer?
    yep, i also talked to sprint today and was told that they'll give $150 credit if you renew your contract for another 2 yrs.
    Is this a good deal? or is it better to wait until after the holidays?
    You need to have gotten a deal from them in the last 18 months to get the deal. Personally, I like the deal where you resign for one year for $100 rebate. I don't like the 2-yr deals.
    This is the deal for existing Sprint customers:

Click on the URL -

http://www.sprintrebates.com/track/sprintpcs/index.jsp

find the Read complete program details. link
    Visor Deluxe/Visor Platinum/Visor Phone/Treo 180/Treo 270/Treo 300/Treo 650
  10. wig
    does anyone else think this plan is a$$inine? I mean seriously. They reward you for quitting, going to another carrier or coming back under a new contract with a $150 discount off new gear. But those that have been on for 2-3 or more years, but keep switching phones (at their own expense) are stiffed?! WTF?!

If you've been with them 18 months, you've been with them. Be done with that.

To the person that said another 2 year up will get you a $150 -- please provide details. When I spoke with a CSR today I was told no way.

Wig
    yes, it's stupid. I'm selling my treo 600, not trading it in. I guess I'm going to resign and get a new number and account and cancel the old one to get the new deal. You can do that. My current contract runs out Dec 2 so it's perfect timing.
    Quote Originally Posted by 5150
    Normally it shows up on your bill as at +$150 credit.
    <---Sprint sales.

To get the $150 rebate, you must have had the PHONE for 18 months, not the service. Once you've had the phone for 18 months, you are eligible for a $150 rebate when you purchase a new phone for that same line of service (replace the existing phone). The only other way to get the rebate is to purchase the new phone with a NEW phone number (it's a new activation instead of a phone upgrade) and then cancel the old phone number. of course, then you have a different number. If you choose option 1, when you buy the new phone, you'll get a mail in rebate to fill out and send in. It takes up to 8 weeks to get the rebate.
    Ryan