Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1.    #1  
    What would be your guesses at the top improved applications for the Treo 650?

    I think I'm looking forward to mmplayer at 320x320 which I think will make it truly a viable application even with the small screen.

    I'd also say that I'm looking forward to the new Blazer which seems to download text first, and will benefit from the faster processor as far as rendering the pages.

    Lastly, I look forward to using the new mail application and seeing if it can seemlessly work with my company's Exchange server (which I think is 2003, but I'm not sure.)
  2. #2  
    I think any app (which is most) that can take advantage of the Hi-Res screen will 'seem' tons better... even if the functionality is the same.

    Camera/camcorder writing directly to the card is another big thing...

    I'm with you though... Exchange 2003 integration is going to be GREAT!
    <br><a href="http://www.theused.net/"><img src="http://www.theused.net/images/buddyIcons/buddy_used_02.gif"></a><br><br>Forever in search of the next best thing... is that the 700w?
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by bmacfarland
    What would be your guesses at the top improved applications for the Treo 650?

    I think I'm looking forward to mmplayer at 320x320 which I think will make it truly a viable application even with the small screen.

    I'd also say that I'm looking forward to the new Blazer which seems to download text first, and will benefit from the faster processor as far as rendering the pages.

    Lastly, I look forward to using the new mail application and seeing if it can seemlessly work with my company's Exchange server (which I think is 2003, but I'm not sure.)

    I would be extremely happy with "general" improvement over many apps. A schmear... (is that spelled right? ) I would be thrilled if we got general enhancements and MORE stability across all the apps I use...

    Thats just me.
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

    Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
  4. #4  
    agree with you, although I use Kinoma for videos. I'm curios to see the improved keyboard, don't see how that can be improved.
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by bmacfarland
    What would be your guesses at the top improved applications for the Treo 650?

    I think I'm looking forward to mmplayer at 320x320 which I think will make it truly a viable application even with the small screen.

    I'd also say that I'm looking forward to the new Blazer which seems to download text first, and will benefit from the faster processor as far as rendering the pages.

    Lastly, I look forward to using the new mail application and seeing if it can seemlessly work with my company's Exchange server (which I think is 2003, but I'm not sure.)
    Looks like you are interested in the same type improvements that I am. I love the thought of better resolution on the screen and a more functional browser. Just knowing we can now download applications and steal jpgs by simply pressing and holding....VERY COOL. I also like the apparent better camera and video capability. Some have no use for the cam, but I often use it to take pics of things at store to either compare to other things or show the wife before buying, etc. It isnt too bad at catching the girls in the hot tub at the hotels either..oops, did I say that?

    Eric
  6. #6  
    I'm excited at the prospect of viewing more than 6 cells at a time in the spreadsheet app of Docs To Go.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoDeJaneiro
    I think any app (which is most) that can take advantage of the Hi-Res screen will 'seem' tons better... even if the functionality is the same.
    That is true, but I was trying to find applications that will be extremely more useful. I couldn't get myself to use mmplayer other than the free demo as a curiousity given the resolution. Hence it takes an application that had no use to me and makes it useful.
  8. #8  
    I agree.... and I think video playback... whichever app you prefer, will be some of the most dramatic improvements.

    I can't wait to store a DVD to my SD card and watch whereever!
    <br><a href="http://www.theused.net/"><img src="http://www.theused.net/images/buddyIcons/buddy_used_02.gif"></a><br><br>Forever in search of the next best thing... is that the 700w?
  9. #9  
    How much space does a movie take up on an SD card? I am thinking about getting a 2 GB card so I can always have some favorites with me.
    "Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do but it doesn't get you anywhere... Write that down."
    -Van Wilder
  10. #10  
    One of the major improvements, I learned at the NYC Roadshow today, is that ringers are much louder! That has always been a problem on the 600. Also - there are some good improvements in the daily calendar, and in contacts - you can now assign a picture to a contact! Other small improvements are: the ability to easily turn off the status light, the button on the side that can be assigned to any application, and the built-in MP3 player.

    Andrew
  11. #11  
    Anyone have any comments on 3rd party apps that will be much better?

    I think that's what bc is looking for....

    Cheers!!
    <br><a href="http://www.theused.net/"><img src="http://www.theused.net/images/buddyIcons/buddy_used_02.gif"></a><br><br>Forever in search of the next best thing... is that the 700w?
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew-NYC
    One of the major improvements, I learned at the NYC Roadshow today, is that ringers are much louder! That has always been a problem on the 600. Also - there are some good improvements in the daily calendar, and in contacts - you can now assign a picture to a contact! Other small improvements are: the ability to easily turn off the status light, the button on the side that can be assigned to any application, and the built-in MP3 player.

    Andrew
    I agree with all of you points except the one about the MP3 player. That is a major step backwards. Especially since the new Pocket Tunes will allow you to stream all of the songs on your computer to your Treo, regardless of DRM type. This is even more important now with the new Treo 650 since you are so limited by memory space; streaming your own music to your Treo doesn't require any extra memory giving you room for e-mail and whatever else you need to store on it instead of music selections. Plus, your music selections will undoubtedly change with your mood.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by archie
    I agree with all of you points except the one about the MP3 player. That is a major step backwards. Especially since the new Pocket Tunes will allow you to stream all of the songs on your computer to your Treo, regardless of DRM type. This is even more important now with the new Treo 650 since you are so limited by memory space; streaming your own music to your Treo doesn't require any extra memory giving you room for e-mail and whatever else you need to store on it instead of music selections. Plus, your music selections will undoubtedly change with your mood.
    Well, at least PocketTunes will work the same -- or at least one could expect it would.

    Overall though I don't think the Treo 650 improves mp3 playback in any significant way -- except that you might be able to do other things faster while playing mp3s due to the increased processor speed.
  14. #14  
    Voice recognition dialing, without training
  15. #15  
    All the multimedia apps and games will show the greatest improvement due to the high rez screenie!

    How much space does a movie take up on an SD card? I am thinking about getting a 2 GB card so I can always have some favorites with me.
    Using Pocket DVD, I've ripped whole dvd's in about ~200-300 MB max. For the 320x320 rez screenie on the 650, sizes should a larger though...
    _________________
    aka Gfunkmagic

    Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w



    Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

    Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoDeJaneiro
    Anyone have any comments on 3rd party apps that will be much better?

    I think that's what bc is looking for....

    Cheers!!
    A lot of third party apps will not run correctly on the Treo 650, much less run better. Case in point, Agendus. Even the version 9 beta of Agendus does not run correctly on Treo 650. http://support.iambic.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11743

Posting Permissions