1.    #1  
    I have a GSM account with ATTWS, and had planned on waiting for the GSM model, but now seeing that the sprint models are shipping next week, I am getting really antse.

I want my toy now. It is just going to kill me reading the boards next week when everyone is getting theirs.

Man I need to get a life
    JimHy,

Great GSM discussion going on here: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=61607
    What is the advantage of GSM? If using overseas, don't you have to have a phone that supports all GSM frequency ranges? From what I understand, Asia is different than Europe, etc. Will the GSM version of the Treo 650 work anywhere? If not, why wait?

Are there GSM users who do not travel overseas that are holding out?
    Global Posts
    805 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xenophonite
    If using overseas, don't you have to have a phone that supports all GSM frequency ranges?
    The Treo 650 is quad-band GSM. A true world phone.
    Global Posts
    577 Global Posts
    I don't travel overseas very often, but Cingular's coverage is way better than Sprints in my area. Plus, the brief experience that I've had w/ Sprint suggests that most of their representatives are worthless and uninformed. Not to mention the guys at my local Sprint store are pricks!

Sorry, just a lil bit of ventage there.

I'll wait for the GSM 650 based on my brief customer experience alone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Albert C. Lee
    The Treo 650 is quad-band GSM. A true world phone.
    I had no problems in Chennai, India. Got a SIM from Hutch, changed some settings, and away I went....
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by xenophonite
    What is the advantage of GSM? If using overseas, don't you have to have a phone that supports all GSM frequency ranges? From what I understand, Asia is different than Europe, etc. Will the GSM version of the Treo 650 work anywhere? If not, why wait?

Are there GSM users who do not travel overseas that are holding out?
    The reason I have been planning on waiting is that Sprint coverage is lacking in Marin county California. Additionally, it seems from reading these boards, that when roaming data does not work. I took a look at the coverage maps for Sprint and it seems that quite alot of the country would be roaming (if I am wrong please someone correct me).

Additionally, the ability to swap out the sim into a small profile phone when I am not in the position to carry the larger Treo would be appealing.

On the flip side, the past couple of weeks my service with ATTWS as been horrible. I have been dropping calls, my phone has been doing what appears to be power ups, durning calls.

My thoughts are hopefully this is in regards to combing cell towers with Cingular, which when all is said and done will provide the most absolute coverage in the country. Is that just wishfull thinking on my part?

Then again ATTWS prices are really high especially for data, which I expect to use more of with a 650.

I feel like I don't know what is the right thing to do.