1.    #1  
    This guy has an auction for a GSM 650 on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...536038776&rd=1

When you read the detail it is the specs for the 600. I emailed him ahd here are the responses:

ME: I was looking at you auction and am confused. The auction says TREO 650, the the entire description says Treo 600. Which is it?

Response: I HAVE BOTH PHONE FOR SALE
    MAIL ME SOON
    THANK YOU

ME: What is the buy it now price for the TREO 650? Do you have it ready for shipment now? If so how did you get it since they have not been released yet? Where will it be shipping from?

Response: As soon i will have the payment confirmation i will ship the phone and you will recive in
    one day and a half
    I will use ups overnighted and send the tracking # shortlly
    Thank you

ME: YOU DID NOT ANSWER MY QUESTIONS!!!!!! What is the buy it now price for the TREO 650? Do you have it ready for shipment now? If so how did you get it since they have not been released yet? Where will it be shipping from?

Response: price for the TREO 650 model is 280$
    is ready to ship
    I will ship from europe

ME: HOW DID YOU GET IT SINCE THEY HAVE NOT BEEN RELEASED BY PALM YET????

Response: Hi
    I just open a cell phone company here in europe and i have a few friends to palm one
    Thank you

SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM I guess next he will say I need to send via Western Union. Anyone know how to report this to Ebay?
    lol again why con people at of their money
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
    The feedback of the user is 100%. It appears the username was hijacked. The rightful user has no idea.
    Of course it's a scam. The fact that he implores you to email him directly indicates that in all likelihood he's hijacked someone's account in order to advertise. Plus he says he has "buy it now" price but there is no official ebay "buy it now" button.

How do you report this to ebay? (I often miss obvious links but I didn't see a link for reporting this to ebay.)

For that matter, what's up with ebay security? Seems like there have been a lot scams lately. Makes me very reluctant to use them (for buying or selling) when I hear/see all these problems.
    Oh, so they have internet on computers now!
    --Treo 650 unlocked/unbranded with Rogers
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Advance The Man
    The feedback of the user is 100%. It appears the username was hijacked. The rightful user has no idea.
    I did send an email to the user via the ask the seller a question. Hopefully he will get it and wonder why he is getting questions from me.
    The best part is that it's listed in "Health & Beauty > Wholesale Lots > Other"

Since it's a "Health & Beauty" product, it might be easier for me to talk the wife into it...
    "There has always been a tension in conservatism between those who favor more liberty and those who want more morality. But what's indisputable is that Bush's 'compassionate conservatism' is a move toward the latter - the use of the government to impose and subsidize certain morals over others. He is fusing big government liberalism with religious right moralism. It's the nanny-state with more cash." -- www.AndrewSullivan.com
    They seem to be catching on by showing pics of the box and the opened contents. But I believe all the pics are of a 600 and not a 650.
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparkomatic
    They seem to be catching on by showing pics of the box and the opened contents. But I believe all the pics are of a 600 and not a 650.
    Here's an easy way to tell...The description and the specs all say Treo 600, NOT 650....too easy
    Reported... eBay is making it harder and harder to find the form to report auctions... The best way to report it is that the seller is demanding wire transfer only.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/contact_inline/index.html