Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I know the 650 isn't quite out yet, but it looks like all the product and support pages are up at palmone.com. However, when you try to download Palm Desktop for MAC OS 10.x you get this message:

No version of Palm Desktop is currently available for your handheld and/or Operating System.

What gives?

Here's the page where you select which software version to download.
    go.digital
    Try the same thing for Windows, you get the same message. The damn product isn't even out yet.

I take the message to mean that no version of the desktop software is available, regardless of OS.
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    I stop using palm software a while back. I have been using missingsync from www.markspace.com and it works great. Not free but worth every cent.
    What's wrong with good old iSync?
    I use iSync as well,(syncing with ical and address book), although the categories assigned to my contacts in the address book don't transfer to the treo and vice versa. Also, some of the fields in the address book don't match up with the ones on the treo, so some of the fields don't transfer. A little frustrating, but nothing major.

If someone has experience with fixing that, that would be helpful.

Clue
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    For the record, iSync still requires that Palm Desktop be installed,as that's the part that installs HotSync Manager (the Palm syncing architecture.) After that you need to install the iSync conduit.
    Quote Originally Posted by PabloTX
    Try the same thing for Windows, you get the same message. The damn product isn't even out yet.

I take the message to mean that no version of the desktop software is available, regardless of OS.
    Well, the 650 is out now and it still says that Palm Desktop is not available for OSX with the 650...
    Works fine with the version bundled with the treo650
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragan
    Well, the 650 is out now and it still says that Palm Desktop is not available for OSX with the 650...
    When I try for Windows XP/2000/98, I get the following:

No version of Palm Desktop is currently available for your handheld and/or Operating System.

Tungsten T5 and Treo 650 Users: Please use the CD version of Palm Desktop which came with your handheld or smartphone.
    Same thing for the OS X version. Maybe they're making some fixes to the software, maybe they're reluctant to put it out there because they don't want Treo 600 users downloading it (either from a sales standpoint or possibly a conflict issue). Who knows. But at this time, Windows and Mac users are in the same boat.
    Missing sync from Markspace just came out with a 4.0.2 update to their program missing sync for palm which allows desktop syncing of mac OSX with treo 650s via bluetooth.
    Quote Originally Posted by crbatchelor
    Works fine with the version bundled with the treo650
    Just got my 650 in the mail and the included CD does have a new version of the Palm Desktop for OSX. I'm bluetooth syncing Docs to Go as we speak
    Just got my 650 in the mail and the included CD does have a new version of the Palm Desktop for OSX. I'm bluetooth syncing Docs to Go as we speak
    This is a glimmer of hope for Mac users. Very good to here.

Is this syncing done using conduits/plug-ins for each of Microsoft's Office apps (Word, Excel & PowerPoint). Is there a conduit that actually shows up in The Missing Sync (or Palm's HotSync manager)? What options does the conduit(s) give you when you click the "Settings" button (or double-clicking the conduit itself)?

Oh, while I have your attention, have you found any way to use the "Pictures/Movies" conduit on the Mac?
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by archie
    Oh, while I have your attention, have you found any way to use the "Pictures/Movies" conduit on the Mac?
    I spoke to the developer of iTreo and he said he was working on something new, as well as an update to iTreo in the meantime to support the new file format of the 650.
    Quote Originally Posted by archie
    This is a glimmer of hope for Mac users. Very good to here.

Is this syncing done using conduits/plug-ins for each of Microsoft's Office apps (Word, Excel & PowerPoint). Is there a conduit that actually shows up in The Missing Sync (or Palm's HotSync manager)? What options does the conduit(s) give you when you click the "Settings" button (or double-clicking the conduit itself)?

I don't actually have Missing Sync so I can't speak to that, but as far as I can tell there is not a seperate conduit for each of the MS Office apps. I did a search for conduit on my Mac and the only thing I could see related to this was a "DocsToGoConduit" file located in User -> Library -> Application Support -> Palm HotSync -> Conduits Hope this helps...

There is a Pictures/Movies droplet that works quite well. I have it sitting in my Dock and just drag the pics/movies over top of it. It asks whether you want to put the file on your SD card or the handheld, and also does some compression/reencoding to make it work on the Treo. I tested it using an avi I shot with my digital camera and it came over great (I could never get that particular movie to play on my Treo600). I just ripped an episode of Friends with MacTheRipper and it gives me an error message. I was hoping that I could skip the DVision step, but I guess not...

All in all though, VERY COOL
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    There is a Pictures/Movies droplet that works quite well. I have it sitting in my Dock and just drag the pics/movies over top of it. It asks whether you want to put the file on your SD card or the handheld, and also does some compression/reencoding to make it work on the Treo. I tested it using an avi I shot with my digital camera and it came over great (I could never get that particular movie to play on my Treo600).
    Well that might be a way to get pics and video from the Mac to the Treo, but there is also the concern of how to get pics and video that you take on the Treo onto the Mac. And that's where iTreo (and perhaps iPalmPhoto) will hopefully come into play.

I just ripped an episode of Friends with MacTheRipper and it gives me an error message. I was hoping that I could skip the DVision step, but I guess not...
    Indeed; I'm thinking that anything QuickTime Player can play, the droplet will be able to re-encode. I'll play around with this tonight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fofer
    Well that might be a way to get pics and video from the Mac to the Treo, but there is also the concern of how to get pics and video that you take on the Treo onto the Mac. And that's where iTreo (and perhaps iPalmPhoto) will hopefully come into play.
    Yeah definately. We really need a seamless way to do this (applescripts?)...
    I would like to see a way to sync the address book pictures on the mac with the ones on the treo.
    Quote Originally Posted by crbatchelor
    I would like to see a way to sync the address book pictures on the mac with the ones on the treo.

That would DEFINATELY be cool!
    You have the 650 Treo Desktop Software for the Mac and it works on OSX 10.3.6? Was on the CD that came with the 650? I have had no luck with Palm or Sprint, still can't synch the Powerbooks and the Treo... Tony
    Confirming that the CD that comes with the 650 includes Palm Desktop (v4.2.1) for the Mac and that this seems to work just fine with OS X 10.3.6. I use a TiBook.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast