Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    thanks pal...
    how do I configure it to work with versamail? I have decided to forgo Snapper for Versa. It came free with the Treo 650 & I can't delete it otherwise I'd load Snapper...
    also, notice that since the outgoing (smtp) is sprintpcs, you are actually sending mail using your sprint email account. When I send an email, it shows up to the recipient as sent from my sprint email account, but when they reply it shows my gmail account.

anyone get gmail's smtp working on the default mail ap?
    Can anyone definitively answer the question of whether those using the Snapper beta just need to upgrade to the full version in order to get this working?

Also, as of yet, anyone have both send and receive working with the default mail program?
    Quote Originally Posted by jnrjr79
    Can anyone definitively answer the question of whether those using the Snapper beta just need to upgrade to the full version in order to get this working?

Also, as of yet, anyone have both send and receive working with the default mail program?
    Nope. The handspring mail program (default on T600, at least non-sprint models) chokes trying to send via smtp.gmail.com, even when the "ssl"/secure smtp box is checked.

I even tried manually appending the different google-recommended ports onto the end of the address, and no go.

If someone buys versamail 2.7 for their T600, i'd LOVE to have them verify that smtp.gmail.com works, because i'd buy it in a second. snappermail is just too expensive.
    I ended up popping for Snappermail. The price makes me wince, but there were some decent other apps bundled and it does now work flawlessly with all of my email accounts.
    I have snappermail working with gmail (beta) but every time it polls, it returns the same emails! I'm getting duplicates. Anyone else? Thoughts?
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    i do not think it is a treo client issue gmail has been wierd for me popping on my t600 and weird for my wife who has her gmail forwarded to a her work account (she cannot pop at work)
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123