Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1.    #1  
    Quick question.

    Does anyone know if there is a way to wipe out the Palm operating system and put on Solaris instead - or dual-boot into Solaris? If there is, I think I can get this thing to run on WiFi.

    That is of course if my Delphi compiler works. If not, I may just have to do it with the standard FORTRAN.

    Thanks in advance for your help.
  2. #2  
    Yes, it's easy. Buy a 650, rip out all the stuff that looks like "electronic memory chips and stuff", then come back here for further instructions.
  3. #3  
    I would be very happy with a PPC emulation software for the 650 (then I would be guaranteed Wi-Fi). Also, if I could get a SD to CF converter slot, then I'm set for life (or at least until the Treo 750 comes out!!)
    Rick
    "...There is no try..." - Yoda
  4. #4  
    A few years back, someone managed to run a stripped-down Linux kernel on some Palm hardware. But I think WiFi was the first thing to go when they stripped it down.
  5. #5  
    I'm surprised you can spell both words...you obviously never used Solaris or a Treo.

    Now if you are referring to something other than Sun Solaris, my apologies.
  6. #6  
    Mike,
    He pushed buttons- and you jumped.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by pcsnpixels
    If not, I may just have to do it with the standard FORTRAN.

    FORTRAN...yeah...ok... Good luck with that...
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

    Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by pcsnpixels
    Quick question.
    That is of course if my Delphi compiler works. If not, I may just have to do it with the standard FORTRAN.

    Thanks in advance for your help.
    hahahahahha.. This has got to be the best joke on this thread I've seen yet.

    I don't know if the CPU in the treo will work well with F77, you will probably have to use F95. That should work no problem. I would call the Portland Group, they do that kind of thing.
  9. #9  
    The memory and CPU of any Palm device is better than the memory and CPU of the computer I used to perform fairly complex image processing for my Master's - a 256kByte (core - real core) memory PDP/11-45 with a 5MByte removal disk.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by SeldomVisitor
    The memory and CPU of any Palm device is better than the memory and CPU of the computer I used to perform fairly complex image processing for my Master's - a 256kByte (core - real core) memory PDP/11-45 with a 5MByte removal disk.

    yes, but is there a fortran compiler written for this chip?
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

    Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
  11. #11  
    "fc" under Unix might port...
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperQ
    hahahahahha.. This has got to be the best joke on this thread I've seen yet.

    I don't know if the CPU in the treo will work well with F77, you will probably have to use F95. That should work no problem. I would call the Portland Group, they do that kind of thing.
    Ya, I was already planning on F95. Only a fool would try F77 - Jeeze!

    Unless...

    Do you think you might be able to solder in a second or third generation Xeon chip onto the board.

    By the way, is anyone on here skilled in leather working? I am having to fabricate a new shell for the 650 and I will need a belt case.
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by pcsnpixels
    Ya, I was already planning on F95. Only a fool would try F77 - Jeeze!

    Unless...

    Do you think you might be able to solder in a second or third generation Xeon chip onto the board.

    By the way, is anyone on here skilled in leather working? I am having to fabricate a new shell for the 650 and I will need a belt case.
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

    Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by oldtimetechie
    Mike,
    He pushed buttons- and you jumped.
    Just like Napolean Dynamite thought it was a time travel machine....

Posting Permissions