1.    #1  
    It's nothing new people, the crazy frenzy for the 650 has been repeated once again! I learned after the first two treos came out that it is better to wait and hear about the bugs or needed ROM updates from those who are now going crazy in wait mode. If and when problems are discovered, those with the first batch will send theirs in for exchange, and end up with refurb models! I'll wait this time, read the reviews, then hopefully by Xmas i can have mine. What sucks also is that the first Treo was available on Tmobile first if i remember, and I jumped. I switched to Sprint last year, and I am happy with my coverage and plan. Thank God that they will carry first, as I am drooling in wait myself.

waiting to hear your reviews when you finally get yours!

Chris
    Christo

"it's not the quantity, but the quality"

There are NO Limits
    Of course this will be the first Treo from Palm side. They're supposed to have bigger QA organization than Handspring did.
    Quote Originally Posted by christo1970
    It's nothing new people, the crazy frenzy for the 650 has been repeated once again! I learned after the first two treos came out that it is better to wait and hear about the bugs or needed ROM updates from those who are now going crazy in wait mode. If and when problems are discovered, those with the first batch will send theirs in for exchange, and end up with refurb models! I'll wait this time, read the reviews, then hopefully by Xmas i can have mine. What sucks also is that the first Treo was available on Tmobile first if i remember, and I jumped. I switched to Sprint last year, and I am happy with my coverage and plan. Thank God that they will carry first, as I am drooling in wait myself.

waiting to hear your reviews when you finally get yours!

Chris
    Going on 5th Phone/Treo all first editions, none needed Rom updates or had bugs that prevented heavy use. But of course, they were all GSM.
    These are also built by a different manufacturer than the first two. They have arguably a better record for reliability (reliability is hard to quantify).
  5.    #5  
    Oh, I would say i use mine heavilly, but there was definitely a firmware update, perhaps not for the GSM because of how long it took for it to even come out! I thought it would go smooth this time also, P1 being in charge and everything....but just look! It is EXACTLY the same as when HS was running the show. Same hype, perhaps it's just all of US making the hype, because some have nothing better to go do! I have a suggestion for you, play with your current model, it is greater than the last, and better than most people's phones out there, so enjoy the last days with it!
    Christo

"it's not the quantity, but the quality"

There are NO Limits