Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cluemeister
    Page 244: Soft reset of the treo

"1. Press the Battery Door Release button and slide the battery door downward to remove it from your Treo. 2. Use the tip of the stylus to gently press the reset button on the back of your Treo."

Reset button behind the battery door. Makes sense.

Clue
    THis is still overly complicated. I've had my Treo600 freeze on me while driving, and it is no picnic to unscrew the stylus and perform a soft reset in that situation! As often as the PalmOS freezes, they should make it easy to do a soft reset, maybe even let you assign it to a hard key.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by amb34
    This is so cool, I'm giggling. I now have (from Dan's store), a new battery, car charger and headset adapter sitting on my desk. Now if only I'd get the damn Treo to plug them all into.
    I assume you're talking about Dan's Cellular on eBay, right? Question on the car charger for the 650 - is this supplied from PalmOne, or is it a third-party copy? Guessing that its not from P1, cause it's $20 cheaper at Dan's...
    Global Posts
    746 Global Posts
    Dan has all original equipment.
    Quote Originally Posted by sbono13
    THis is still overly complicated. I've had my Treo600 freeze on me while driving, and it is no picnic to unscrew the stylus and perform a soft reset in that situation! As often as the PalmOS freezes, they should make it easy to do a soft reset, maybe even let you assign it to a hard key.
    It may just be me, but you shouldn't be resetting your phone while driving. Palm shouldn't have to design the reset button for people who are driving.
    Am I the only one who has a problem with this image ("Treoing" and then trying to reset while driving?)
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    On the 650 the stylus does not have to be (indeed, it cannot be) unscrewed.
    - Fushigi
    Page 16 Treo650_VersaMail_UG.pdf

“Enable HotSync synchronization - By default, this box is checked, meaning you can both send and receive email wirelessly and transfer messages to your device from your computer when you synchronize. If you uncheck the box, you can send and receive email wirelessly only.”

I like the idea of being able to sync email through HotSync as well as wirelessly. In the office, I can HotSync mail through Bluetooth (~720 Kbps); on the road, sync through the slower Sprint Vision (~56 Kbps).

As far as I know, most email apps only allow Vision syncs (Snapper, Business Connection, Chatter, Good, etc.)
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fushigi
    On the 650 the stylus does not have to be (indeed, it cannot be) unscrewed.
    i know, but having to remove the battery lid is just as bad. FWIW, I'm not saying that I routinely reset my Treo while driving-- but I do routinely get into situations where I'd like to reset my Treo while driving. what would be the downside to making the soft reset function more accessible? In my experience, resets aren't as rare as PLMO thinks...

"1. Press the Battery Door Release button and slide the battery door downward to remove it from your Treo. 2. Use the tip of the stylus to gently press the reset button on the back of your Treo."

Clue

to perform any reset, just slide the battery door, remove the battery, put it back. That is your soft reset easy and no worries of data loss. wonderful huh? so simple...no need unscrewing the stylus or anything...
    - i used to think that nurses were women ; i used to think that policemen were men ; i used to think that poets were boring.......until i became one of them.undefined
    In reviewing the users manual, I can't find any limitations on SD card size. I'm sure I read somewhere that there is a 1 gig max, but in the SD card forum I notice a lot of people are buying Sandisk's ultra II 2 gig cards. Is there a limit or not?
    Quote Originally Posted by BrotherNov
    In reviewing the users manual, I can't find any limitations on SD card size. I'm sure I read somewhere that there is a 1 gig max, but in the SD card forum I notice a lot of people are buying Sandisk's ultra II 2 gig cards. Is there a limit or not?

Where did you read that? AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $there$ $is$ $no$ $size$ $limit$ $on$ $PalmOS$ $regarding$ $the$ $SD$ $card$...$however$ $the$ $SD$ $format$ $itself$ $has$ $a$ $max$ $capacity$...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions

Clue

YUK! I don't like that at all! I appreciate the fact that you don't have to unscrew the stylus tip anymore to reset the Treo, but why put the reset hole behind the battery? That just makes things more complicated and annoying. They should have just left the reset hole on the exterior as it is on the 600 imo...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    YUK! I don't like that at all! I appreciate the fact that you don't have to unscrew the stylus tip anymore to reset the Treo, but why put the reset hole behind the battery? That just makes things more complicated and annoying. They should have just left the reset hole on the exterior as it is on the 600 imo...
    That's my point too... Look at the Tungsten T3. You just have to poke at the exposed hole with the stylus tip. In fact, I'd like to be able to soft reset with one hand. It's just a pet peeve of mine. Handspring has done such a fine job enabling one-handed operation in so many other areas that the complication of the reset process says to me that they are in denial about how often resets are done. What I find funny is that I use my Treo 600 stylus so rarely because of the clever implementation of the 5-way that i'd estimate 80% of the time that I do pull the sylus out of the silo, it's to do a soft reset.
    That's my point too... Look at the Tungsten T3. You just have to poke at the exposed hole with the stylus tip. In fact, I'd like to be able to soft reset with one hand. It's just a pet peeve of mine. Handspring has done such a fine job enabling one-handed operation in so many other areas that the complication of the reset process says to me that they are in denial about how often resets are done. What I find funny is that I use my Treo 600 stylus so rarely because of the clever implementation of the 5-way that i'd estimate 80% of the time that I do pull the sylus out of the silo, it's to do a soft reset.
    The location of the reset hole shouldn't matter. If Palm *really* wants to make things convenient for me in this respect, make the OS stable enough that I don't have to *use* the reset hole, wherever it is.

-Brian
    (In fairness, the T600 has been pretty stable for me)
    The reset hole is NOT UNDER THE BATTERY. It is under the sliding cover, next to the battery. Slide the cover, press the reset. Drawing is in the manual.

Clue
    I'd hate for the reset button to be exposed, especially in a situation where I could do it one-handed. The reason is that I'd hate to accidentally reset it. Consider that I've had to reset the Treo once in the last 3 months, I think I'd probably accidentally trigger it more often than on purpose.
    You Treo 600 owners need to get TreoOffOn written by Quickster on of TC's posters. It has a built in Soft Reset & Phone Reset, Screen Dimmer and more. Do a search on the app here on TC. (never have to use the stylus for resets again) Quickster has also given us SoundOffOn. Try this one as well.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger
    You Treo 600 owners need to get TreoOffOn written by Quickster on of TC's posters. It has a built in Soft Reset & Phone Reset, Screen Dimmer and more. Do a search on the app here on TC. (never have to use the stylus for resets again) Quickster has also given us SoundOffOn. Try this one as well.

Most of the times I've resetted my phone is because my phone crashed. I don't think TreoOffOn will help me in this situation. I do love this app though for its radio scheduling functionality.

I agree with the other people in this thread that the reset button should be more easily accessible, but not too easy where people will inadvertently hit it many times.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12