1.    #1  
    Through Sprint, I purchased an additional insurance coverage plan with a company called Lockline. This insurance contract covers all but $35/claim and I can have 2 claims per year. The insurance covers pretty much anything under the sun as far as I have understood it (theft, dropping it, etc.) I have not needed to use the insurance yet, but I've been doing some thinking. A Sprint rep told me that they are going to completely phase out the 600s with the new and improved 650. The insurance also states that they will give me an exact replacement or the closest equivalent. My theory is this ... say I'm walking in my parking garage at the office and I just happen to drop the poor 600. What are the odds of me being able to pay $35 for a new and improved 650? I know that the possibility of doing it before January or February of next year is slim to none; but I'm not really in that big of a hurry for a $564 difference in price. Any insight on this theory would be greatly appreciated. One other thing that has been very puzzling to me...I look on ebay and people have these coupons for the severe discount from the roadshow. The bids on these coupons are around $300; isn't this a coupon that allows you to get the Treo for $359??? If so, a brand new 650 with no contract is $599...are these people paying $659 just to say they are the first on the block to have the 650?
    The coupons definitely won't get you to be the first on the block... I've seen notes somewhere that "someone" recommends not using the coupon if you're in a hurry...
    What are the odds of me being able to pay $35 for a new and improved 650?
    Considering how many Sprint 600's have been returned, it may be a while.

The bids on these coupons are around $300; isn't this a coupon that allows you to get the Treo for $359??? If so, a brand new 650 with no contract is $599...are these people paying $659 just to say they are the first on the block to have the 650?
    yep and they probably won't be the first to get i anyway, if they get it at all.
    1. People bidding on coupons are idiots
    2. People selling them are unethical (flame me if you like, but it's true. knowing that someone is paying inappropriately for something is a form of theft)
    3. Insurance fraud is illegal.
    Quicksilver,

If your phone fails, it won't be because you dropped it, but more likely from all the flinging of monkey feces.

Cluemeister
    Quote Originally Posted by mausalot
    1. People bidding on coupons are idiots
    2. People selling them are unethical (flame me if you like, but it's true. knowing that someone is paying inappropriately for something is a form of theft)
    3. Insurance fraud is illegal.

It AMAZES me how stupid these people are. When they bid on the coupon and figure out they have to dish out another $349 they are going to cry.

I agree, besides the insurance fraud issue, Sprint is NOT discontinuing the T600 for some time. If you own a 600 and have a claim, you will get another 600.

BTW, I am sure most people realize that "Lockline" insurance is AKA Sprint PCS.
    As mausalot said, insurance fraud is illegal. Besides that fact, I would think that Palm would keep making Treo 600s for a long time even if Sprint doesn't carry them in stores. And even if they didn't you might get whatever is an equivalent then, which might be whatever phone retails for $200 around that time.
    Even if they don't make new ones they still may stock refurbished ones. And you can bet the farm that you'll be getting a refurbed 600 before a shiny new 650.
    Global Posts
    598 Global Posts
    You sure Lockline covers the Treo? Most cell insurance plans don't cover smartphones.
    Quote Originally Posted by quake97
    You sure Lockline covers the Treo? Most cell insurance plans don't cover smartphones.

Yup...again.."Lockline" is Sprint..well sort of...

Best $4.00/month investment you can make with your Treo.