1.    #1  
    All of the information given here I have personally received unless otherwise noted.

Wisconsin:

Largest SprintPCS store in the state indicates the following:

1. No stock of 650's.
    2. No sales training materials provided to store yet about the Treo 650.
    3. Sprint hasn't even provided normal pre-thanksgiving administrative updates to stores yet, which normally are available the first week of November. This update usually provides information on new phones and other updated plan info to managers to help staff transition to new info.
    4. When I call around to other SprintPCS Stores I get every conceivable spin on when the 650 will become available. No hard facts.

Best Buy Milwaukee:

1. Estimated in-stock date still November 14, 2004 in their computer.
    2. No other stores have them in the region.
    3. Supervisor could not find 650 on their web site.

In other words gang, there is no hard data to go by at all. With the pre-sales of the Treo 650 going on you would think more information would be forthcoming. This, in my opinion, is bordering on the unresponsible. My Treo 300 died a month ago. I have few options. If I got a new phone prior to getting the 650 I would loose the instant rebate I have coming. In the meanwhile I am paying SprintPCS for service I can not use. This is not a good way to run a railroad or a phone/wireless company. The least the company could do is provide a responsible path to hard factual information.

I hope someone at PalmOne and or SprintPCS reads this who has the judgement and authority to respond to this situation. Leaving it the way it is with all the guessing is hurting those who have a true need to know. It certainly does not help to provide improved customer relations any either.
    Rees
    FWIW my Sprint AE took my order for 650's today even though he says he cannot input the order until Friday. Having lunch with him on Thursday, may know more then.
    Quote Originally Posted by ReesR
    In other words gang, there is no hard data to go by at all.
    Thanks for the update! Makes sense to me.
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
    I agree with, is bordering on the unresponsible, except it is unresponsible of them. There are alot of posts where phones are on the fritz, If people had correct dates, they could make informed decissions.
    I am also going to aasume they are getting very high traffic calls, what a waste of time and money for the phone carriers. This is eating into thier profit margin, and is not good customer service!
    FYI, not all carrier stores get product training on all phones.

ATTWS does not do training on PDA devices.

Cingular, limited training on a few PDA devices unless specifically assigned to business accounts.

So lack of training materials means nothing. Lack of product in the Store and no mention of the product on nomal sales web-sites says a lot!!!!

I think at this point I won't have a 650 until sometime next early next year assuming I am waiting for a GSM one.
    When I ordered from PalmOne, the form said 2-3 weeks. So, I expect it to begin shipping 2-3 weeks from November 8th. Therefore, I will be surprised if it ships anytime before 11/29. I have no expectations that it will ship before then.
    There seems no intelligence in all this craziness.

P1 flubbed the date.

Now we wait.

Dec 6 is looking good...
    What a joke. Here we are begging to give these guys our money, and they can't even give us the product in a timely manner.
    Quote Originally Posted by davidl340
    What a joke. Here we are begging to give these guys our money, and they can't even give us the product in a timely manner.
    I have to agree! I would rather have a buggy incomplete product in my hands right now, than a smooth-running glitch-free unit a month from now. Who's with me?
    this is for ReesR....I am currently on a loaner phone from sprint. Its a half way decent phone(Not a 600, thats for sure) that cost me nothing and I am still able to use my service until the 650 arrives. You might want to go in and talk to a spcs store local to you, and see if they could hook you up.

Ken
    Quote Originally Posted by schwasj
    FYI, not all carrier stores get product training on all phones.

ATTWS does not do training on PDA devices.

Cingular, limited training on a few PDA devices unless specifically assigned to business accounts.

So lack of training materials means nothing. Lack of product in the Store and no mention of the product on nomal sales web-sites says a lot!!!!

I think at this point I won't have a 650 until sometime next early next year assuming I am waiting for a GSM one.
    I agree with you. When i called my local sprint store, these guys say, "yeah we have heard of the phone and it is due in sometime soon but don't know when. We don't ever know until they show up." That coupled with the fact that I always know more about their high end phones than they do tells me they receive little if any training. I think their training is on how to properly fill out contracts for new customers.
    Eric
    Quote Originally Posted by davidl340
    uhhh... they haven't missed their date yet...
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!