1. acg
    Yes, I got it too. I have had it since August and I have been using the hands free since then. I am really tired of the cable and the mess, so I am looking for ways to fix it. I know the obvious answer is to send it to PalmOne and have it replaced. However, there is no PalmOne representative in Greece where I live and the closest repair center is in Italy. I'd rather not send it all the way to Italy, especially since my phone was bought from Orange in the UK and I then unlocked it. If they replace it with another one, it may be locked and I really don't want to go through the hassle of unlocking it again (it wasn't easy, believe me...)

Anyway, I was wondering if it is possible to get to the speaker and fix the problem on the spot. I believe there was someone in this forum that pried the 600 open but I have no clue how or why. Any ideas please?
    What is the "dreaded speaker problem" you speak of in the 600?
  3. acg
    the speaker quit working all of a sudden and now the only way to use the phone is through the speakerphone or the hands-free set. It is well documented in this forum. I am wondering if there is a way to fix it myself without sending the treo to Italy...
    Anyone PLEASE!!!!