Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I agree with most of the responses here. If you spent hundreds of dollars on consultants and microsoft "tech" support, then the Treo is not your only problem. I can just imagine the conversation..."Oh, so I plug the USB connector into BOTH the Treo AND my computer. I see." As was pointed out....answers here cost nothing.

So please, step away from the smartphone....
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein
    Quote Originally Posted by arnie
    Phone is the worst part. Takes five steps to make one call from beginning to end, not counting the phone number. Try that while steering your SUV! At half a pound, your conversations will be shorter. Worse reception using same carrier as with previous phone. The rest of it is completely counter-intuitive, especially layout of keyboard. Also, snyching with my laptop cost about $750, i.e., computer consultant time, Microsoft tech time and add'l software. Palm techs were no help, 4 of 'em in the Phillipines.

I do not recommend the Treo 600.
    Just a one post ***** flamer....
    Perhaps the Treo 600 is just not for you.

1. I only understand your issues with dialing numbers if you are comparing it to phones with voice recognition. I did miss being able to press the button on my headset and state who I wanted to call. Proper use of Favorites and VoiceLauncher solved that for me.

2. If you have bad reception, get a replacement. My first Treo 600 was horrible -- 2 bars at home/office -- and I thought all of them were like that. That phone started acting up and I needed to replace it. The replacement has MUCH better reception with the same number of bars. The problem was that particular unit and not all Treo 600s. If you can't stand dealing with a lemon, you might want to stay away from all Smartphones.

3. I had trouble synching initially since I had previous Palms and my PIM data did not carry over well. I could figure it out (imports and exports) since I am a geek but I can imagine how that could be for someone who is less technical. I agree that P1 needs to improve their customer service.

Again, these devices can be tricky so if you are not the kind of person who can work through anomalies, the Treo 600 is not for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by dlbrummels
    Just a one post ***** flamer....
    -- http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...9&postcount=34

Let's see if TreoCentral follows through!
    Phone is the worst part. Takes five steps to make one call from beginning to end, not counting the phone number. Try that while steering your SUV! At half a pound, your conversations will be shorter. Worse reception using same carrier as with previous phone. The rest of it is completely counter-intuitive, especially layout of keyboard. Also, snyching with my laptop cost about $750, i.e., computer consultant time, Microsoft tech time and add'l software. Palm techs were no help, 4 of 'em in the Phillipines.

Who asked YOU?
    What makes you think that your opinion counts for ANYthing here.

Good Grief! Get a life! Go back to your Atari!!
    how much did you have to pay a consultant to show you how to post on this board??

How much consulting does it take to plug it in and install software. I guess the trickiest part is pushing the right button
    Treo 300, Treo 600 - Sprint

I dream in code and TCP/IP sequence numbers.
    If using a smartphone is that difficult for you, you should consider going back to a regular phone.

Technology takes some getting use to, and progression definitely takes some trial and error. It you don't like tinkering, don't. Let the rest of us figure it out, but don't complain when your phone lacks features.

Some things seem difficult until you get use to them. If the geeks of this world would have settled for Pulse dialing, we would all be using tethered Rotary Pulse Dialing phones still. I prefer to be able to use text messaging, email, Music, Video, and Voice calls from the same mobile device. If a phone call takes an extra button push or 2, I gladly welcome it, because I don't see another device on the market that does as much as the Treo does, or does it as easily.

Just my .02

Last edited by ix0ye; 11/19/2004 at 01:59 AM. Reason: Trying not to be so insulting.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12