Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    I ordered from telesales (special department), got a tracking #, and will receive by Wednesday!

Getting $150 instant rebate for starting a new line...will cancel that line within 14 days and then swap the 650 with my current 600.

I have the name and direct # if you're interested. You must mention my name or TreoCentral when you call.

I'm leaving my computer for now...will respond by 530pm EST.
    bs.
    hmmmmm....1 post eh?
    Quote Originally Posted by bmwTreo
    I ordered from telesales (special department), got a tracking #, and will receive by Wednesday!

Getting $150 instant rebate for starting a new line...will cancel that line within 14 days and then swap the 650 with my current 600.

I have the name and direct # if you're interested. You must mention my name or TreoCentral when you call.

Ummm... this sounds promising (right!). If you have some contact information, just post it. You know we all want it if it's "real".
    or post the tracking number!!!
    Sounds dubious, but post the contact info so it can be checked out...

Post a picture of yourself holding the 650 when you get it, ok?
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
    First off, don't DARE post a tracking number. With the tracking number and enough order information, it's very possible to uhm, "divert" a UPS shipment. So posting a tracking number on an in-transit shipment is ill-advised.

Second, UNTIL you get a tracking number and UNTIL you see that tracking number showing a shipment as "out for delivery," don't trust anything Sprint telesales says. I went through this with the T608, and placed an order THREE times and only got one phone. No, it wasn't because I was waiting with baited breath for it, and it wasn't because I wanted it so bad. It was because each and every time, the telesales rep swore up and down that they had first hand knowledge of when the merchandise would ship, or that it was shipping "right now" and "in stock!"

The first time, they took a dreaded "paper order." And if the person really DID tkae that order (I have my doubts), then to this day, somewhere there just might be a scrap of paper in the Sprint telelsales office that has my name and my credit card number on it as well as the fact that I wanted to order a T608. It was never acted upon and callbaks a month later revealed that no one knew of the paper order's existence.

But! That person who couldn't find any scrap with my name on it told me they could order it right away on the computer, a real, non paper order, and they would ship it overnight. My info was taken down again. Two days and no phone later, I call back to get a tracking numebr on the shipment. "It turns out the phone is in the system but none are in stock, and even though we're supposed to put you on backorder, someone cancelled the order instead.... but if I could take down your info again and put in a paper order..."

At that point, I just gave up and decided the T608 wasn't something I would get my hands on. But a month later, a friend of mine actually got a real live working T608, and he goaded me into calling one more time. I did just for grins, and they were ready to take orders, for real this time. So I placed it, was pessimistic, and a day later was pleasantly surprised to find a box on my porch from Sprint.

Was it worth the aggravation? Hell no. The T608 is a nice first try at a BT handset, but has serious shortcomings, and while I might be able to handle a few bugs here and there, SonyEricsson pretty much abandoned the T608 before it was even released, so I knew no help was coming and got rid of it. And I swore at the time that I wouldn't call Sprint telesales to order anything ever again. I now usually wait until the phone is at the stores, so that I can be assured that when my card is charged, the phone is in my hands. The only exception was the Blackberry I just ordered, but only because that's the only channel you can order it from, unfortunately.

Of course, I'll admit I didn't learn and preordered a treo too, but when I saw the same thing playing out again, I said no thanks. It's just not worth it to me.
    I just spoke to the Bussiness rep for Sprint that handles my office and she was told the phone is pushed back at least 1 week for software improvement. They will not have it available until next week.
    Quote Originally Posted by lghitis
    I just spoke to the Bussiness rep for Sprint that handles my office and she was told the phone is pushed back at least 1 week for software improvement. They will not have it available until next week.
    wanna bet?

There are quotes from JUST TODAY, that say today, this week, next week, Nov 30th, Dec. 6th, 2 weeks before Christmas, January, February "at latest". Many of these quotes come from "credible" resources like busness reps, websites, analysts, astrologists, Fortune Tellers, Grandmothers, and Congressmen.
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
    BMWtreo, can you order and cancel the line that easy? how do you do it?
    I would love to see the look on the sprint reps face when you drop treocentrals or bmwtreo's name.

give me a break
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    Same thing happend to me. The problem was that Sprint has 3rd party companies taking orders for them when they have too many calls coming in. These 3rd party people work for Sprint BUT they tell you that you ordered the phone when you really did not.
    ok- first off... it is NOT possible to reroute the package before one attempt has been made. ups mandates that one attempt is made to deliver the package before they accept any request to reroute the package. and if it does get rerouted maliciously after that, the insurance ups puts on will cover the package at a minimum $100 but usually automated shipments out of a warehouse tag the value of the order as the shipping value and it'll cover you accordingly.
    Treo 800w 8/08
    Nokia N800
    previously: Treo 700wx 12/06, Sprint 6700 3/06; Treo 650 11/04; Treo 600 1/04 (gone); Samsung i500 (gone); Hitachi G1000 11/03 (gone); Nokia 7110 5/00(best phone ever)
    You must mention my name or TreoCentral when you call.
    This was the best part.

Scott
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    OK, I just called and they're going to ship mine overnight (free) with a free BT headset. Important: When you call, you must tell them that you're not wearing any pants.

Scott
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott R
    OK, I just called and they're going to ship mine overnight (free) with a free BT headset. Important: When you call, you must tell them that you're not wearing any pants.

Scott
    I thought they could tell by the quiver in my voice