1.    #1  
    Hello everyone. I just got a Treo 600. I got it as a replacement for an insurance claim, and I tried it out for a few days. I must say I'm pretty impressed, it's nice lil device but now I'm not so sure it's for me. I'm not going to use all of the features that it has to offer and I think a more simple phone would be ideal for me so I'm going to sell it on eBay. I was wondering if anyone here knows how to do a full reset of the phone so that it erases everything (contacts, pictures, any personal info etc). I've only had the thing for a couple of days and haven't put an SD card in it or anything, so this ought to be easy but I couldn't find anything like that in the phone. Anybody have any advice? Anybody wanna buy a Treo 600?

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by MJdub
    Hello everyone. I just got a Treo 600. I got it as a replacement for an insurance claim, and I tried it out for a few days. I must say I'm pretty impressed, it's nice lil device but now I'm not so sure it's for me. I'm not going to use all of the features that it has to offer and I think a more simple phone would be ideal for me so I'm going to sell it on eBay. I was wondering if anyone here knows how to do a full reset of the phone so that it erases everything (contacts, pictures, any personal info etc). I've only had the thing for a couple of days and haven't put an SD card in it or anything, so this ought to be easy but I couldn't find anything like that in the phone. Anybody have any advice? Anybody wanna buy a Treo 600?

Thanks!
    It's called a 'hard reset.' While pushing up on the nav pad, push the reset (hole in the back) button with a paper clip. When the palm logo appears, release the up button. It will then prompt you whether to erase all data or not. Choose accordingly. You now have a virgin treo.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
  3.    #3  
    Great, I'll give it a shot. Thanks!
    actually, that's not quite a hard reset. To do a hard reset you need to hold down the power button while pushing the pin in the back.

What you describe is some sort of "safe" reset, which is useful for troubleshooting, but will not wipe your memory.
    Quote Originally Posted by aristarchus
    actually, that's not quite a hard reset. To do a hard reset you need to hold down the power button while pushing the pin in the back.

What you describe is some sort of "safe" reset, which is useful for troubleshooting, but will not wipe your memory.
    Oops. Yes, you are correct. What I described was a warm reset to get out of reset loops. I haven't done a hard reset in a long time, so I get confused and would possibly need to RTFM. So sorry for the inaccurate info.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!