1.    #1  
    I've been thinking about how to handle the transition from 600 to 650 when it finally arrives. I remember when I moved from the 300 to the 600 I just basically hotsynced one to the other using the installation instructions and I ended up with a lot of junk I didn't use anymore, plus the installation pulled off some programs that may or may have been compatible with the newer Palm OS. This time I'm going to start fresh I think, and manually remove everything I can before starting. I want to keep the same user ID obviously, but want to be selective with what software I install. I'm assuming many of the programs we all use today will need to be upgraded or reinstalled with the hi-res versions anyway. Has anyone else given this any thought? I'm sure someone has documented the steps for the 'fresh start' I'm talking about, if so post a link. Thanks
    Great question. Wouldn't it be nice if they included a little utility to clear out all the files you needed with the 600, but won't need with the 650.
    Its actually pretty simple. When your ready to make the swap, hotsync the 600 first. Now, rename the backup folder for your username to something like "backup_old". Next sync the 650 and select the correct username. This will only install the default apps and data for contacts, datebook, memos and todo's. This will also create a new backup folder. When your ready, go back into the backup_old folder and install your previous 600 apps as desired.

CGordonn