1.    #1  
    Hi All,

Below is the exact email I received from a Jeff Marinangel at Vienna Channels:

We wanted to provide you and update that your Treo 650 Sprint PCS model order is received and in our system.

We are awaiting inventory from the manufacturer and will notify you as soon as it is shipped to our facility. It may be 2 -4 weeks before we can ship so we appreciate your patienc. We know you are looking forward to receiving your Treo 650.

We will contact you as soon as inventory arrives and please know that if you are buying the device, no charges will be assessed your credit card until the date of shipment.

Jeff

Just FYI ... I'm trying to quell the rumors. I'm betting it will ship in 3.

JGerry
    To quote Bad Willow from BtVS:

Getting bored.
    Quote Originally Posted by jgerry11
    Hi All,

We wanted to provide you and update that your Treo 650 Sprint PCS model order is received and in our system.

We are awaiting inventory from the manufacturer and will notify you as soon as it is shipped to our facility. It may be 2 -4 weeks before we can ship so we appreciate your patienc. We know you are looking forward to receiving your Treo 650.

We will contact you as soon as inventory arrives and please know that if you are buying the device, no charges will be assessed your credit card until the date of shipment.

Jeff

JGerry
    So your idea on how to stop the rumors is by starting a new one?
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
  4.    #4  
    I should not have added the last line of commentary,

but I did receive the email above today....
    I got the same email, and there are other posts about that email...
    actually my email was related to the GSM and it said 6 to 9 weeks
    Quote Originally Posted by viper0775
    I got the same email, and there are other posts about that email...
    actually my email was related to the GSM and it said 6 to 9 weeks
    the dates are all over the place.
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Quote Originally Posted by amb34
    To quote Bad Willow from BtVS:

Getting bored.
    I always enjoy a good BtVS quote.
    Quote Originally Posted by jgerry11
    Hi All,

Jeff

JGerry
    I always enjoy a good email riddled with typos.
    I got the same email today regarding the CDMA 650 from viennachannels.
    Quote Originally Posted by kirkeric
    I always enjoy a good email riddled with typos.
    I wonder if Jeff is typing out every reply to his 500+ orders?

They all seem to have different typos...
    I got the 6-8week email for the GSM
    No Jeff's not retyping, he's cut and pasted "patienc" into all of them.
    Since we're bored and looking for morsels of information, I also received this email today. Ordered after the Boston show end of last week.

Cluemeister
    Quote Originally Posted by maswell
    I got the 6-8week email for the GSM
    i didn't get that, I am GSM, what range number are you?
    Quote Originally Posted by treo geek
    I wonder if Jeff is typing out every reply to his 500+ orders?

They all seem to have different typos...
    Yes - I think so. It seems all of the email updates that people post have similar typos. FYI - for the guy who quoted "patienc" as the only typo. There are three. They want to provide you "and update" [should be "an update"] and look for the missing word in one sentence

Seriously, I don't like to pick on people for occasional typos but they are suppose to represent a business and should take more care to project a professional response.

Eric
    Quote Originally Posted by oldtimetechie
    No Jeff's not retyping, he's cut and pasted "patienc" into all of them.
    If he cut and pasted "patienc" when selecting the entire email, how did it leave out one letter?

That adds to the skepticism.
    I got the e-mail yesterday too... Yes... Jeff did misspell it...
    Quote Originally Posted by pizenson
    I got the e-mail yesterday too... Yes... Jeff did misspell it...
    Lets hope he doesn't misspell the town you live in or mistype the zip code......
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Quote Originally Posted by kirkeric
    Seriously, I don't like to pick on people for occasional typos but they are suppose to represent a business and should take more care to project a professional response.
    I love when people criticize others' mistakes, then screw up themselves.

It's "SUPPOSED," not "SUPPOSE."

Then again, you're not representing a business or trying to project a professional response, are you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Otter Emperor
    Lets hope he doesn't misspell the town you live in or mistype the zip code......
    Actually, only the zip matters. You could put anything for town and it would still get delivered as long as the zip is right