Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    After talking to Sprint a few different times and recieving the same information I am pretty sure you must buy the phone from Sprint to recieve the 150 service credit. You buy the phone fill out the rebate and then get the 150 back. What do you guys know about this?

Global Posts
    270 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoFever
    After talking to Sprint a few different times and recieving the same information I am pretty sure you must buy the phone from Sprint to recieve the 150 service credit. You buy the phone fill out the rebate and then get the 150 back. What do you guys know about this?

Well.. the $150 credit for new service can be redeemed whether or not you buy the phone from palmOne, Amazon, TreoCentral.. anyone who is an authorized seller from Sprint. Some of these choices offer instant rebate and, I assume, sign you up for your new service at the time of purchase. Others, like Amazon, charge you full price and once you activate your service, you mail in the rebate.

Sprint does have another type of $150 credit which is given to existing customers who qualify for a phone upgrade. This may have to be done directly through Sprint - I've never had my phone that long so I couldn't tell you .
    I feel your pain, I'd rather buy from PalmOne to get the BlueTooth headset. While some may say that getting the headset and the $150 from Sprint is being cheap (some may even say it amounts to stealing and be immoral), I feel that it's fair.

Palm's BT offer seems like it's a thank-you to loyal Palm customers who have chosen to upgrade right away. Sprint's program seems to be a method of retain customers for 2 years. If I buy from PalmOne and get the headset, I fairly get their promotion. Sprint's promotion will have the exact effect it was designed to, retain me for 2 years.
    I had the debate with Sprint customer service. You can only get the $150 credit if you've been with them for more than 18 months and are not still on a 2 year contract.

If (like me) you only had a 1 year contract but have not been with them 18 months yet, they only give you half that amount ($75). However, they will do it as long as it is a Sprint-authorized reseller (including PalmOne), you just need to fill out a form and send them the receipt. They'll send a check along in 3 months or so.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmacfarland
    While some may say that getting the headset and the $150 from Sprint is being cheap (some may even say it amounts to stealing and be immoral), I feel that it's fair.
    There is no justification for those thoughts of stealing or being immoral. Sprint had a nationwide ad campaign telling us that they treat existing customers exactly the same way as new customers, so they need to stick by that.
    Quote Originally Posted by DougKoz
    I had the debate with Sprint customer service. You can only get the $150 credit if you've been with them for more than 18 months and are not still on a 2 year contract.
    It's actually a bit more restrictive than that. You have to have had the same phone for 18 months. So even if you bought a phone out of your own pocket (no service credits) you have to wait 18 months from that date.
    Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer
    It's actually a bit more restrictive than that. You have to have had the same phone for 18 months. So even if you bought a phone out of your own pocket (no service credits) you have to wait 18 months from that date.
    This might not be entirely true. Or if it is, it might not be followed by all Sprint representatives. I called the other day to see what my status was on the 18 month program, having not a phone from Sprint and been a customer for close to three years now. They said that I couldn't one until Feb of 2006 and after some math, they realized this was entirely wrong and I was eligible for the $150 rebate. I had bought the Treo 600 from Palm in October of last year, so it was not associated with me not having a new phone for 18 months. Maybe it was helped by the fact that I am not under contract anymore, I'm not sure.
    Huh. That's the same situation under which I was told I was not eligible. Interesting. And confusing. :-)
  9.    #9  
    So how sure are you that you can get the phone from palm one and still get the 150 rebate. Sprint consistenly has told me this is not true and that you must purchase it from them.
    Did they give you that weird story about not being eligible until 2/2006? That's what tipped me off to get the person's supervisor, realizing that in the worst case they'd say 18 months from 10/2003 -- when I got my last phone from Palm.

Alas, they said I had to take it up with a Sprint Store to fix my status. I don't know why they couldn't do it on hand there. So I'm going to have to go to the store and hope that the explanation holds there.

If it doesn't work, I'm going to have to talk with retention. There should be something for people with no contracts who want to sign a contract. At least something more than the original "We'll bump up your nights to 7PM for $5 more a month." I said that I have 8PM now. that offer is available to everyone whether they sign a contract or not, and I'd not be interested in 7PM if I have to pay for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoFever
    So how sure are you that you can get the phone from palm one and still get the 150 rebate. Sprint consistenly has told me this is not true and that you must purchase it from them.
    I'm personally not sure at all. I plan to head to a store in 2 or 3 hours and ask what's up. I think this is going to be the type of thing that each person is going to have to try on their own to see how it goes.
    Don't forget that if you do go for the 18 month-$150 rebate, you have to sign a NEW 2 year agreement with them!
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    I called Sprint after ordering my T650 through Palmone and after being on the line for half an hour talking to different reps they assured me that I can get $150 credit on my first bill since I have not bought any phone in past 18 month from them. For reference, I have been an Sprint customer for more than three years now.
    For what it's worth, I just got back from Sprint and got the rebate slip. Two notable points...

1. It doesn't seem to say that you have to buy from Sprint. It just says that you have to put in the packing receipt and stuff like that. Presumably that could come from any reseller.

2. There's a $100 mail in rebate if you only want to sign for 1 year. After that year you'd have no contract again. This is a deal that I think I like and will opt for.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash1348
    I called Sprint after ordering my T650 through Palmone and after being on the line for half an hour talking to different reps they assured me that I can get $150 credit on my first bill since I have not bought any phone in past 18 month from them. For reference, I have been an Sprint customer for more than three years now.
    I just spent 20 mins on the phone, talked to 2 people, they insisted I must buy from local Sprint Store and use mail-in rebate for the 18-month credit, I bet the local Sprint store is going to be a waste ... I'm a month-to-month $40 Vision plan user, and want to keep my current plan and phone #
    I gave up, just purchased from palmOne ... free headset, free shipping, so that particially offsets the lack of rebate
    Quote Originally Posted by orange
    I just spent 20 mins on the phone, talked to 2 people, they insisted I must buy from local Sprint Store and use mail-in rebate for the 18-month credit, I bet the local Sprint store is going to be a waste ... I'm a month-to-month $40 Vision plan user, and want to keep my current plan and phone #
    You can find the same exactly rebate from the Sprint store at Amazon.com, so that's not the case. I read the rebate in full and it doesn't say you have to purchase from a sprint store. More than likely they just wanted the commission.
    I don't see an 18-month rebate on amazon's website, only a new service line rebate ...
    Quote Originally Posted by bmacfarland
    For what it's worth, I just got back from Sprint and got the rebate slip. Two notable points...

1. It doesn't seem to say that you have to buy from Sprint. It just says that you have to put in the packing receipt and stuff like that. Presumably that could come from any reseller.

2. There's a $100 mail in rebate if you only want to sign for 1 year. After that year you'd have no contract again. This is a deal that I think I like and will opt for.
    Okay, thats what I got, the $100/one year contract. No rebate form in the package so where do I get this rebate form?
  20.    #20  
    "Thank you for contacting the Sprint PCS Rebate Center. We apologize
    for the inconveniences. You must sign the Advantage Agreement once
    you purchase your new PCS phone. You have indicate that you are
    purchasing the PCS phone from Palm One's web site, so when you
    received your handset, you will need to go to the nearest store,
    activate your PCS phone and sign the Advantage Agreement. Note that
    depending on the Advantage Agreement that you have selected you will
    receive the amount of the rebate."
    "Thank you for contacting the Sprint PCS Rebate Center. We are pleased
    to inform you that you can sign the Advantage Agreement by calling us
    at 800-477-4127. We will be happy to assist you."