Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I'm assuming the $34.99 or higher monthly plan is supposed to be pre-taxes, right?

I'm on a old grandfathered $30 plan for 300 minutes with 8pm-start free night/weekend minutes. So, if I want the $150 discount, I'd have to switch to at least the $35 for 300 minutes (9pm-start for free minutes)?
    Quote Originally Posted by orange
    I don't see an 18-month rebate on amazon's website, only a new service line rebate ...
    The new line of service rebate that you see on Amazon links you to a scanned Sprint rebate form. That's the exact same rebate form that you get from a Sprint store if you are a current Sprint customer eligible for the $150 upgrade (at least that's the form they gave me at the store). For some reason Amazon has mislabeled what the rebate is for. Note that the back of the rebate has a section for existing Sprint customers.

For the lazy ones...

The page with the rebate - http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...bosnation0e-20

The rebate itself -
    front - http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0...9.LZZZZZZZ.jpg
    back - http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0...0.LZZZZZZZ.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by hitormiss
    I'm assuming the $34.99 or higher monthly plan is supposed to be pre-taxes, right?

I'm on a old grandfathered $30 plan for 300 minutes with 8pm-start free night/weekend minutes. So, if I want the $150 discount, I'd have to switch to at least the $35 for 300 minutes (9pm-start for free minutes)?
    I am on the same plan as you are but I also have the $10.00 vision. I took the $100 rebate/one year contract from Sprint.
    Quote Originally Posted by hitormiss

Yeah, I don't think the taxes count. I think I have the same plan, but my Vision bumps me up to $40 a month. If you got it all for that price including Vision, wow! Maybe you can take it up with the store and see if there's something you can add. Usually they have a $5 option or something you can add. Perhaps they can put you in that new overage plan they have which is typically $5 more without you losing your grandfather status.
    People,
    We need to stop getting so worked up and worried over the rebate issue. Just send in the paperwork, and if you don't qualify Sprint will certainly let you know. All it will cost you is the postage.
    Zane
  6.    #26  
    zvandiver - and the $150 you expected to get back
    If you are making the decision to buy the 650 based on getting the rebate, then by all means, you should make sure you are eligible. If you are going to buy it anyway, then getting the rebate just sweetens the deal.
    Zane
    OK lets see if I get this straight. I can order from Palm, get the headset for free, and get 150.00 back from Sprint if I have had my phone over 18 month and my current contract is finished and I sign another 2 yr contract? How long will it take to get my phone from Plam?
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    I ordered a Treo 650 from PalmOne two weeks ago and also from Sprint on Wednesday (it is arriving today). I called Sprint to ask whether they would honor the $150 rebate if I purchased the phone from PalmOne instead of Sprint and I got two conflicting answers. So I sent an email to Sprint customer support in order to get something in writing and here is their response:

Dear xxxxx,

I apologize for the inconvenience caused due to the incorrect
    information given regarding the rebate.

The handset needs to be purchased from Sprint to be eligible for the
    rebate.
    (emphasis is mine).

Additionally, I noticed that you have ordered the handset. After you
    have purchased and activated the handset, you are requested to sign up
    for the following to be eligible for the rebate on handset:

- To sign up for a two-year PCS Advantage Agreement; and
    - To sign up for a PCS Vision Pack, if you purchase a Vision-enabled
    PCS Phone. Currently, the Vision Packs are free for the first two
    months.

You are also requested to fill up the rebate form to receive the
    rebate.
    The rebate form is available at the Sprint Store. To locate the
    nearest
    Sprint Store, please click on the hyperlink given below:

http://www.sprintstorelocator.com

We appreciate you contacting us.

Marc K.
    Sprint Business eCare
    that's basically the story I got - I was pissed that I couldn't even buy the damn phone from Sprint online or via phone ... I ordered from PalmOne last night, and I havne't decided if i want to upgrade my service plan (currenlty $30 + $10 vision, month to month) ... I'd be willing to renew the same plan for another year and collect $100, if i'm allowed to do that ... back in january, they were sending me offers to renew my plan, and take 5% off the price ... I didn't take it, thinking that I would be able to leverage month-to-month and new service plan into a service credit for an upgraded handset
    those others on this thread with the old $10 unlimited vision plan with the $30 base plan, do you get Email ? I have a treo 300 and have never been able to get Email, I assumed it was another option to pay for, it looks like $5/month ...
  12.    #32  
    Im sticking with what the rebate center said to me. Im gonna print out the emails and send em in with my rebate form.

"Thank you for contacting the Sprint PCS Rebate Center. We apologize
    for the inconveniences. You must sign the Advantage Agreement once
    you purchase your new PCS phone. You have indicate that you are
    purchasing the PCS phone from Palm One's web site, so when you
    received your handset, you will need to go to the nearest store,
    activate your PCS phone and sign the Advantage Agreement. Note that
    depending on the Advantage Agreement that you have selected you will
    receive the amount of the rebate."
    "Thank you for contacting the Sprint PCS Rebate Center. We are pleased
    to inform you that you can sign the Advantage Agreement by calling us
    at 800-477-4127. We will be happy to assist you."
    "Thank you for contacting the Sprint PCS Rebate Center. You may go