Global Posts
    592 Global Posts
    I've been trying to use my Palm to login into Microsoft Exchange server using mail.domain.com. Opera for Smartphone finally does this (smartphone sucks though) and at least you can view emails. Blazer 2.0 used to do this for Palm (yes, the old Blazer) and I could login using Palm OS 3.3 using my Samsung i330. Unfortunately my new Treo 600 can't use any browser that I can find that will allow me to login to Outlook/Exchange. On the Treo using Web I get an error message that I the content cannot be read. Web Pro 3.5 does the same. I do know that on the Tungsten C I was able to login and do everything using the newest version of Web pro, but my understanding is that it is for a different processor and it doesn't run on the Treo 600.

Anyone have any luck? This is incredibly annoying and an impossibility to deal with. I can't even beam over the old Blazer (as horrible as it was) since it's part of the ROM and cannot be beamed. VERY annoying... someone must have figured out a way beyond this annoying problem!
    2/3 different alternatives for your problem
    - Web pro does work on treo 600 and you can view emails through Outlook Web Access. I finally did not buy it because of the other alternatives mentioned below but it did work during the demo period
    - Use the Outlook Moble Access (OMA) instead of OWA. Possible only if your server is Exchange 2003 - not available with Exchange 2000 or earlier versions. OMA works perfectly with Blazer.
    - My company in fact has installed a product called "OWA for PDA" (Leederbyshire.com) which provides a lightweight interface as compared to regular OWA specifically for letting employees access their emails through their PDAs. Works perfectly with Blazer
    Satish Joshi
    Global Posts
    592 Global Posts
    Smjoshi -- Thanks for the reply. I cannot access Outlook Web Access going to mail.companydomain.com which is OWA via Web Pro 3.5. Are you sure? I keep getting an error message that the browser cannot display the page information or I get bounced out of the index page after trying to get logged in.

My company would never install anything just for me. I'm in a Fortune environment where Blackberries rule although for several reasons I have been given only the ability to carry a Treo.