1.    #1  
    I'm in a slight dilemma here. I currently own a T600, went to the Roadshow in Dallas, and am going to buy the T650 from Vienna Channels with my coupon. However, I do not want to sell my T600 (just seems worth more than $300 to me). I am desperately trying to get my wife to use it as her phone, but for the life of me, she won't let go of her god-awful Samsung A620. I've pointed out all of the great features and how it would help her manage her office. She simply won't listen to any of it. Have any of you guys been in a similar situation and won the fight? If so, I'd love some input.

I swear, some women would use a piece of dog feces for a phone if it had a blinking multicolor LED embedded in it.
    Well my wife would love to pry this T600 from my hands. She currently uses the Treo 90 and the Motorola v60s (a hand-me-down). She has had a Startac for years before I forced her to "upgrade" to a more current no bells and whistles phone. Her only gripe would be the size (don't go there!) of the T600. She seems amazed on how much I can do with this phone (GPS, email, phone, etc.) and if the resale value of the T600 drops too low, I might just "upgrade" her phone again and do away with her PDA altogether.
    Kyocera 6035 -> Kyocera 7135 -> Palm Treo 600 -> Palm Treo 650 -> Palm Treo 700p -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Treo 800w -> Palm Centro ->Palm Pre!
    My wife reads many books at a time. After introducing her to e-reader shes been hooked. The MP3 player aspect of things also helped to win her over.
    if she likes music - put her favorite songs on the treo

if she does the grocery shopping - show her how she can use splash shopper to create a shopping list that she will always have with her.

PIM - calendar (bdays, meeting, appts, etc), contacts w/ addresses

oh yeah, show her how she can check treo central every 5 minutes from anywhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterFuhrman
    I'm in a slight dilemma here. I currently own a T600, went to the Roadshow in Dallas, and am going to buy the T650 from Vienna Channels with my coupon. However, I do not want to sell my T600 (just seems worth more than $300 to me). I am desperately trying to get my wife to use it as her phone, but for the life of me, she won't let go of her god-awful Samsung A620. I've pointed out all of the great features and how it would help her manage her office. She simply won't listen to any of it. Have any of you guys been in a similar situation and won the fight? If so, I'd love some input.

I swear, some women would use a piece of dog feces for a phone if it had a blinking multicolor LED embedded in it.
    I don't think you have a dilemma at all. Let her use her existing phone. They are all paid for and she prefers the one she has. If you force her to take it then you have her A620 laying around. Now, since you know you will get the 650 anyway, having the 600 in use or not changes little - right? So, knowing that you will get the 650, you have two choices really, toss the 600 in the corner (like I have done with a Samsung I300 and I330) or take 300 bucks. I would take the 300. Also, keep in mind the moment this 650 is released, 300 bucks is about all you will get. I mean who in their right mind is going to buy a 600 over a 650? My wife has a basic little flip phone with a cool screen, text messaging, and internet and she has no interest or for that matter know-how on how to use it. The other option is the option I chose (accidentally). I dropped the damn 600 and it bounced off the back of the toilet and broke the LCD. There, decision made, I must have the 650 now.

Bottom line: Let her keep her phone man

Eric
    I am desperately trying to get my wife to use it as her phone, but for the life of me, she won't let go of her god-awful Samsung A620. I've pointed out all of the great features and how it would help her manage her office. She simply won't listen to any of it. Have any of you guys been in a similar situation and won the fight? If so, I'd love some input.
    My recommendation is don't try to change your wife's mind - you will ALWAYS lose even if you win. Understand that you only have a certain amount of "wife mind changing" capital. Is this what you want to spend it on? A phone?

my $0.02
    Visor Deluxe/Visor Platinum/Visor Phone/Treo 180/Treo 270/Treo 300/Treo 650

Yes, I found a solution, brought her to the roadshow, she got all caught up in the hype, and has a 650 on order too.
    Global Posts
    207 Global Posts
    As you get older you'll find the following statement to be true:

"There are only 2 ways to deal with a woman and neither one of them work."
    Nokia 6340i-->T600-->MPx220-->Imate SP5
    Cingular GSM, Northeast Georgia, USA
    I have the same dilemma, but in my heart I know that she'll never use 99% of the features. So I guess I'm Ebay bound.
    Mine would love to use my 600 but she can't see the screen without the dreaded reading glasses. I pity the phone that makes my woman dig out her reading glasses...
    My wife has my old treo 90, uses splash shopper, and carries a separate phone. I asked her if she wanted the 600 before I sold it on ebay, and she said something along the lines of, "That thing's too clunky".

Sell the phone and use the proceeds to buy a headset, bluetooth gps, etc.

Cluemeister
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin
    I have the same dilemma, but in my heart I know that she'll never use 99% of the features. So I guess I'm Ebay bound.
    LOL, my husband feels the same so I'll ebay my baby to an appreciative home.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    I've been wearing down my wife for the past year with all the great things I can do with my 600. She finally relented, and told me if I got rid of my old/unused laptops, she'd let me get her a 650. Well, the laptops sold on "the bay" last week so now we're both just waiting for P1/Sprint to get their act together and ship these things out. Her other ultimatum -- she wants the "perfect" case with:
    - no belt clip
    - screen protection
    - sense of style

Any suggestions??? (esp. GeekyMom)
    go.digital
    Quote Originally Posted by dulan
    I've been wearing down my wife for the past year with all the great things I can do with my 600. She finally relented, and told me if I got rid of my old/unused laptops, she'd let me get her a 650. Well, the laptops sold on "the bay" last week so now we're both just waiting for P1/Sprint to get their act together and ship these things out. Her other ultimatum -- she wants the "perfect" case with:
    - no belt clip
    - screen protection
    - sense of style

Lol, I have about 3 cases but ended up carrying my Treo naked. I first got the Belligio but found I do not care for heavy material such as leather. My favorite is actually a Cheetah fabric carrier with plastic face cover, although I don't know where it is at the moment.

Have you considered getting it wrapped or skinned. My original Treo had this really cool wrap on it. Not much protection but it sure looked good!
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    My wife is using my old Samsung I300 and is anxious to get her hands on my T600 when the T650 arrives. She uses ACT which synchs to her Samsung (and to the T600) via a conduit so she doesn't need much convincing about how handy it is (she was using an old Handspring when I met her so she understands the value of using a PDA).

If all else fails, install Bejeweled and let her play with it for awhile. It's like crack for my wife. She can't put it down.
    Quote Originally Posted by GeekyMom
    My favorite is actually a Cheetah fabric carrier with plastic face cover, although I don't know where it is at the moment.
    She's actually kinda partial to Leopard prints. She'd get a real kick out of a Treo 650 leopard case! Got a link to the place where you found your Cheetah case???
    go.digital
    I've long tried to keep my wife and I in sync. I bought two Kyocera 6035's (which I returned within the two-week trial - couldn't live with the B&W screen). Then I got us both Samsung i300's which we kept under Sprint for the full one-year contract. Then I switched us to Treo 300's. After a while I switched to a two-piece solution (SE T608 Bluetooth + PDA) while she broke the first T300's hinge and then the other hinge just recently. The first was replaced with another T300 (still in box - I meant to ebay it a while back and now I see that it's worth practically nothing) and the other was recently replaced with a brand new palmOne Treo 600 (which I'm currently playing with).

The biggest problem I've had is that my wife never kept her Treo 300 turned on. Not that I can completely blame her. Our Sprint coverage wasn't the greatest and the T300's battery wasn't either.

With the Treo 600 both coverage and battery life is definitely improved. So, I'm hoping to get her into the habit of leaving it turned on all the time (combined with getting her into the habit of plugging it in when she gets in the car so as to keep the battery topped off).

She didn't use the Treo 300's wireless features, but some of that was because it worked pretty badly. We tried several directory lookup apps over the years and they usually failed with some error. Things on that front seem improved these days as well. And when the Treo 600 came in and I showed her that it could play MP3s, she was impressed with that alone. She also made use of a Bible app for her Treo 300. And if I can get a GPS solution working for her, she'll probably appreciate that.

My biggest concern is her purse. It's fairly small but stuffed full of stuff and with the Treo 600's exposed screen, I'm worried that it's going to get scratched up. I'll be putting a screen protector on, but I'm worried of more serious gouges from more damaging paraphenalia in her purse.

Scott
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    She's actually kinda partial to Leopard prints. She'd get a real kick out of a Treo 650 leopard case! Got a link to the place where you found your Cheetah case???
    leopard skin undies for the Treo would be cool. I should invent that!!! I'd be rich in no time...
    I'm not weird... I'm gifted!!!
    - no belt clip
    - screen protection
    - sense of style

I'd recomment a Krusell case. (krusell.se) The best place to buy 'em is Amazon or eBay. I have one (not for a T600, though) and it's great. Nice-looking, slim, protects the screen and reasonably cheap.
    Global Posts
    270 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by s_strosberg
    leopard skin undies for the Treo would be cool. I should invent that!!! I'd be rich in no time...
    http://www.skinit.com

Cheap and fun. I hope they come out with 650 dimensioned skins soon!